Author Topic: Just a quitter.  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Just a quitter.
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
Fucking love your passion Castle, you have "leader" written all over you. Keep posting the +1's, keep speaking your mind, and keep quitting.

But I also advise on listening to the vets, one theory here is that we need to see day 365 to experience one trip around the sun before we might fully understand this. Every quitter is different, and every cave is different. 40% of your HoF month will make it to 100 days, and you'll have days like this many times until then.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Just wanted to throw my support to Castle as a former Husky myself. CH keep it going......Quit with you today!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
Quote from: jtbrown
Bad ass man. You definitely made my quit stronger. Stay active, drink a lot of water. I am 26 and quit, and it is tough as hell. But it is so worth it. PM me if you need digits or support. Quit with you today.
So few words, and yet so powerful...Nice post JT

Castle...you're doing this. Keep doing this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jtbrown

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Roll Tide), waiting on Alabama's basketball team to return to somewhat relevance. I enjoy working around the house, and attempting to become a shade-tree mechanic. I love golf, but do not play nearly enough. Country music, my wife, front porch, and a cold beer is all it takes to make me happy.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
Bad ass man. You definitely made my quit stronger. Stay active, drink a lot of water. I am 26 and quit, and it is tough as hell. But it is so worth it. PM me if you need digits or support. Quit with you today.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 01:20:00 AM »
Keep it up, Castle. It's worth it.

Proud to be quit with you.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Bob Copenhagen

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Your amazing castle dude

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: mb289
Welcome CastleHusky! Do this now and hit your future nic free. I wish I would have quit when I was your age. I'll quit with you today!

mb289
This is an awesome intro. 25 years old and wise. Don't fuck it up castle. I quit with ya.

Mogul

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Welcome CastleHusky! Do this now and hit your future nic free. I wish I would have quit when I was your age. I'll quit with you today!

mb289

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Bob
Quote from: Enough
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: CastleHusky
Thanks for the welcome wagon everyone. I appreciate all the support and just knowing that there are thousands who have been successful whipping this thing before gives me that extra boost in confidence to know I can do it too.

On various intro's and other pages a lot of you have recommended reading through the website so I've been reading as much as I can and it's amazing the stuff that is showing up in these posts. Over the last several months when I started to realize that I've got a problem I often found myself thinking, "I'm definitely the only person in the world who has ever done it like this" but the more I read the more of my disgusting habits I'm seeing showing up in what everyone else has to say. It shows you just how sick nicotine is and what it can do to you.

I'm getting to the tail end of day 3 here and it's an awesome feeling knowing my body is going to be rid of this thing for the final time, but I know what comes next can be even harder; the urge to throw in a fat lipper without the effects on your body to remind you what it does to you. Well I'm putting this here as a reminder: it sucks, it's not worth it, you're sweaty enough as it is, your breath smells horrible, and if you ever want to kiss your girl again and have her enjoy it the only way that is going to happen is dip free.

Thanks again for the welcoming and the support everyone.
Thank you for making my quit stronger.
welcome EH - post everyday and express how you feel on your intro page. Keep your quit strong, express your feelings when you need to. I could do 7 years of dip with my eyes closed...I'm @ day 44 after 34 years and feel with a new person. This will be so worth it pal. Quit game on - Old ES
That's amazing partner. Your on your way. Way to go. Your strong and you can do it I beleive in u.
Congrats on your Quit, castle!

you remind me of... me. Very early in my quit I was fearful about becoming complacent. That fear has served me well... embrace it, remember it... because you must never forget you are an addict. The nic bitch will try to convince you that putting the can down after just one is possible. I listened to that voice several times over the many years of active addiction... and every time just 1 led to - just until this can is done, which led to - until can #2 was done.... right on back to where I started. For you and I there is no just one. For you and I there is quit and not quit. black and white, quit on/quit off.

The secret to staying quit is in the quote: "Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it". Stick around, keep posting roll/honoring your promise/repeating EVERY DAY. Stay active on this site, help a few others along the way... watching them start in their own quit will remind you of the battles you fought and won to get to where you are.

Proud to be quit with you,

Offline Bob Copenhagen

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Enough
Thanks for the welcome wagon everyone. I appreciate all the support and just knowing that there are thousands who have been successful whipping this thing before gives me that extra boost in confidence to know I can do it too.

On various intro's and other pages a lot of you have recommended reading through the website so I've been reading as much as I can and it's amazing the stuff that is showing up in these posts. Over the last several months when I started to realize that I've got a problem I often found myself thinking, "I'm definitely the only person in the world who has ever done it like this" but the more I read the more of my disgusting habits I'm seeing showing up in what everyone else has to say. It shows you just how sick nicotine is and what it can do to you.

I'm getting to the tail end of day 3 here and it's an awesome feeling knowing my body is going to be rid of this thing for the final time, but I know what comes next can be even harder; the urge to throw in a fat lipper without the effects on your body to remind you what it does to you. Well I'm putting this here as a reminder: it sucks, it's not worth it, you're sweaty enough as it is, your breath smells horrible, and if you ever want to kiss your girl again and have her enjoy it the only way that is going to happen is dip free.

welcome EH - post everyday and express how you feel on your intro page. Keep your quit strong, express your feelings when you need to. I could do 7 years of dip with my eyes closed...I'm @ day 44 after 34 years and feel with a new person. This will be so worth it pal. Quit game on - Old ES
That's amazing partner. Your on your way. Way to go. Your strong and you can do it I beleive in u.

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »

"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »

Quit since 1/23/14

Offline CastleHusky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-27
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Do yourself a favor and read your intro as often as you can. First because you obviously put a lot of time into it and it was heartfelt. But Second and most important it will remind you where you were. You never want to go back here again. You seem off to a good start, good luck.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:41:00 AM »
Welcome in bro...

Don't worry about the long road ahead. Just concentrate on today. You can deal with today right? Moving into day 3 and getting close to that 72 hr mark where nicotine is gone from your body. That's badass man...

You've come to the right place.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.