Author Topic: Things have to change  (Read 1654 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Things have to change
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
Reese,

What's going on? I noticed your roll posting has been getting fewer and further between. You can't do that man. You gotta post every day without fail. If you're having trouble getting online, text me your promise and I will get you posted...just don't do that every single day. I'm here to help you.

Ryan

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
Indeed, we are looking under all the rugs and linen closets to find some info on Mr. Reese. It might be an mole from N Korea in response to the Interview. Hang tight fellas.

Offline BRO24

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: being with my 3 kids and fantastic girlfriend, playing hockey during the winter, watersking and softball during the summer. Also like to restore classic cars and trucks.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
nevermind I see the mods and admin are on top of the situation. Good luck sorting it all out.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
Been dipping for going on 11 years. Started out casually dipping when I was 16 and have increasing done it more and more throughout the years. It is unbelievable the effect that dip has on your mind. I have always known that it is not good for you but always told myself that I am young and I will be fine. I am all of a sudden not feeling so young anymore.

I now base a good portion of my life around dipping. There is nothing that I do that doesn't involve me dipping. I can dip all day at work, I live by myself so nothing stops me from dipping there. I keep solo cups in my truck so I'll have something to spit in. I look forward more to after meal dips than anything that I have just eaten. Every time I leave the house I tap my back pockets. One to make sure I have my wallet, the other to make sure I have my can. Ill go to the store at any hour if I need a dip. I had even gotten to the point to where I'd spit old dips back in the can if I felt I might run low in the near future.

I have always told myself that I am living a good clean life. I workout and eat healthy, drink occasionally and have never touched any hard drugs. I feel so stupid for wasting so much money and some of the best years of my life being a slave to the can that is slowly killing me. I have begun to notice that my teeth are yellowing, my gums are receding and I am a little afraid to think of what damage might be there that I cannot see.

I had joined the site a few years back and it greatly helped me stop dipping for a good 6 months. I started out posting roll call every day, used every tip that was given on the site and read almost all the stories. I did good for a long time and I began to get complacent. I slowly began to miss roll calls and eventually stopped doing them all together. I thought that I was completely over the addiction and that was 100% my downfall. I was hung over one morning and had been so proud about quitting dip that I figured I deserved at least one. Big Mistake. I didn't even enjoy it but it is amazing how the nicotine plays tricks on your mind. I told myself that I might as well hang on to the can so I can take one later that I'll enjoy. Within one week I was dipping just as much as did before I stopped. I had forgot how hard it was to stop. I tried to go cold turkey on the 2nd and immediately remembered. My mind just keeps coming up with every excuse in the world as to why I should take a dip. Wound up caving yesterday.

I promise that January 5th will be the first day of the rest of my life. I will religiously post on roll call and will never think that I am not addicted to nicotine. This shit has controlled my life for to long. I'm moving on. I just have to take it one day at a time. Its overwhelming to think about quitting forever so I'm going to focus on quitting one day at a time.
Is there an explanation coming anytime soon regarding this cavers "old handle"? Or will this be filed under the new pussified KTC or better yet why don't we call it AL (the brothers of Mayhem will know what that represents)

Maybe this one squeaked by with all the bullshit that has happened over the past 2 days but am I the only one that feels this cavers nuts need to be held to the fire until he just so happens to " try and find out what user name I had used the last time." Is this acceptable ? Is this the winds of change blowing in a new direction?

3 questions? What the fuck are those needed for, for real. Not one single "fuck you", "pussy" "piece of shit." directed towards this cavers way? Any disgusting, filthy, disrespectful, lying caver that spits in the eye of every true quitter that walk the halls of KTC and is allowed and welcomed to post roll in a new group, without any type of explanation what so ever is an absolute disgrace. It is a dishonor to those 3 words above on that banner. It is a discredit to everyone of us that have poured our heart and souls into fighting this addiction every single day, by making an oath to our fellow brothers and sisters.

April, the question to you is what the fuck are you going to do about it? Are you going to allow this caver to waltz in here, take a seat beside you, look you in the eye and promise you that he is quit? Are you going to trust his word? Now remember he gave his word before to the brothers of May 2011? Or was it it March 2011? Oh what the fuck does it matter," it started with a M."

Offline Reese

• Quit Date: 2015-01-05
  • Interests: Golf, fishing, four wheelers, Gators Football, Coaching little league baseball, hanging with friends
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Frazzled
Quote from: Reese
Hey Reese, a couple of things.

First and foremost, you only get one user name here at KTC. Coming back with a new handle after a cave is a violation of house rules. I would suggest that you PM someone in Blue or Salmon to get your password reset for you old name. If you don't, this one will end up getting shut down.

Second, tomorrow is always a day away. Why not just dump your shit now and get it over with? You'll post a new Day 1 in April 2015 and be ready to go. Then tomrorow you can post a Day 2. Why not just get moving on this?

I expect to see a PM regarding your old user name...like I said, house rules are house rules.
I am going to try and find out what user name I had used the last time. I already threw my can out and got sunflower seeds going. I did take a dip this morning and wanted to have an actual quit date that I didn't dip on. It in all reality is one of the most important dates in my life.
The day you actually got rid of your can or threw away your Nic Replacement or Cigs is the day you quit. It is the day you resolved to not put cancer in your mouth again. That date was today. Call it a Day 1. But if you want to do ti your way, then come back tomorrow in the morning and post a Day 1. But you're shorting yourself...I'd rather see you get credit for the day you spent without nicotine today once you tossed your can.

Do you remember when you were here last? Or what group you were posting in? How many days?
Ive been looking through the old hof groups. I believe it was in 2011 and I think I remember the month starting with a M. Could be wrong though. I honestly can't remember if I used a nickname or what. I am going to continue searching because I'd actually like to read some of the old stuff I posted plus I don't want to get booted.
Not quitting for forever. Just for today.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »

First and foremost, you only get one user name here at KTC. Coming back with a new handle after a cave is a violation of house rules. I would suggest that you PM someone in Blue or Salmon to get your password reset for you old name. If you don't, this one will end up getting shut down.

Second, tomorrow is always a day away. Why not just dump your shit now and get it over with? You'll post a new Day 1 in April 2015 and be ready to go. Then tomrorow you can post a Day 2. Why not just get moving on this?

I expect to see a PM regarding your old user name...like I said, house rules are house rules.
I am going to try and find out what user name I had used the last time. I already threw my can out and got sunflower seeds going. I did take a dip this morning and wanted to have an actual quit date that I didn't dip on. It in all reality is one of the most important dates in my life.
The day you actually got rid of your can or threw away your Nic Replacement or Cigs is the day you quit. It is the day you resolved to not put cancer in your mouth again. That date was today. Call it a Day 1. But if you want to do ti your way, then come back tomorrow in the morning and post a Day 1. But you're shorting yourself...I'd rather see you get credit for the day you spent without nicotine today once you tossed your can.

Do you remember when you were here last? Or what group you were posting in? How many days?
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Reese

• Interests: Golf, fishing, four wheelers, Gators Football, Coaching little league baseball, hanging with friends
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »

Offline Reese

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Been dipping for going on 11 years. Started out casually dipping when I was 16 and have increasing done it more and more throughout the years. It is unbelievable the effect that dip has on your mind. I have always known that it is not good for you but always told myself that I am young and I will be fine. I am all of a sudden not feeling so young anymore.

I now base a good portion of my life around dipping. There is nothing that I do that doesn't involve me dipping. I can dip all day at work, I live by myself so nothing stops me from dipping there. I keep solo cups in my truck so I'll have something to spit in. I look forward more to after meal dips than anything that I have just eaten. Every time I leave the house I tap my back pockets. One to make sure I have my wallet, the other to make sure I have my can. Ill go to the store at any hour if I need a dip. I had even gotten to the point to where I'd spit old dips back in the can if I felt I might run low in the near future.

I have always told myself that I am living a good clean life. I workout and eat healthy, drink occasionally and have never touched any hard drugs. I feel so stupid for wasting so much money and some of the best years of my life being a slave to the can that is slowly killing me. I have begun to notice that my teeth are yellowing, my gums are receding and I am a little afraid to think of what damage might be there that I cannot see.

I had joined the site a few years back and it greatly helped me stop dipping for a good 6 months. I started out posting roll call every day, used every tip that was given on the site and read almost all the stories. I did good for a long time and I began to get complacent. I slowly began to miss roll calls and eventually stopped doing them all together. I thought that I was completely over the addiction and that was 100% my downfall. I was hung over one morning and had been so proud about quitting dip that I figured I deserved at least one. Big Mistake. I didn't even enjoy it but it is amazing how the nicotine plays tricks on your mind. I told myself that I might as well hang on to the can so I can take one later that I'll enjoy. Within one week I was dipping just as much as did before I stopped. I had forgot how hard it was to stop. I tried to go cold turkey on the 2nd and immediately remembered. My mind just keeps coming up with every excuse in the world as to why I should take a dip. Wound up caving yesterday.

I promise that January 5th will be the first day of the rest of my life. I will religiously post on roll call and will never think that I am not addicted to nicotine. This shit has controlled my life for to long. I'm moving on. I just have to take it one day at a time. Its overwhelming to think about quitting forever so I'm going to focus on quitting one day at a time.
January 5th? Is a unicorn going to carry you over the rainbow tomorrow?

Whats wrong with January 4th? Dump the shit and promise now. You know the drill man. Tomorrow is bullshit. I tomorrowed myself for decades. I don't think your ready to quit. Prove me wrong.
Already threw my can out. Chewing on sunflower seeds now. But I did take a dip this morning. Didn't want to have a quit date that I actually didn't quit on. I am ready to quit.

Offline Reese

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Knockout
Welcome back Reese. I'm glad you are ready to get back on the horse, but understand that your new group will probably not be accepting until you prove you are serious. What makes you think you aren't going to get complacent again? Why should April trust you to not fall off again once you get confident?

Also, what was the username you had before? Having multiple accounts is not accepted here.
I am 100% ready to quit. I completely forgot how hard it was to quit when I attempted the first time. All of the same feelings came rushing back whenever I tried to go cold turkey on the 2nd. I was so confident that I was going to will my way through it. I realize that I need some type of support system. I was probably 22 or 23 when I attempted to quit the first time. I was still in college and had a pretty hectic schedule. Once I had quit for a while I kinda lost sight of all of the people on the sight that had helped me. I felt as though I would have no problem with taking a dip because I had already overcame the habit. If I gave the attention to any other part of my life that I do dip I would be much happier. I am single and almost all of my friends dip or smoke occasionally. I have already planned on not drinking for at least 50 days and am currently looking into other activities that I can do other than go to bars. I woke up the 31st in a cold sweat. I had recently had girl issues and dip was not 100% to blame but in a way I feel it was. I sat up for hours wondering what my life would have been like had I not started dipping at such a young age or even what it would have been like if I had stayed quit the first time. I know it's not going to be easy but I feel like if I stay on the same track I am going I am going to wake up 1, 3, 5, 10, or 15 years down the rode and it will have been too late. I don't want to be another nicotine statistic. My life means more to me than that.

I tried looking up any other username that I might have used. I will go back and see if I can't figure out how to get back my old profile.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »

'Popcorn'

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »

Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »

January 5th? Is a unicorn going to carry you over the rainbow tomorrow?

Whats wrong with January 4th? Dump the shit and promise now. You know the drill man. Tomorrow is bullshit. I tomorrowed myself for decades. I don't think your ready to quit. Prove me wrong.

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »
Welcome back Reese. I'm glad you are ready to get back on the horse, but understand that your new group will probably not be accepting until you prove you are serious. What makes you think you aren't going to get complacent again? Why should April trust you to not fall off again once you get confident?

Also, what was the username you had before? Having multiple accounts is not accepted here.
Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline Reese

Things have to change
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »