Author Topic: other female quitters?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: other female quitters?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 01:46:00 AM »
Whitehart

We gotta rev up those diesels engines to get to the next quit destination. We’re going to the top of the US of A to pick up whitehart in Wisconsin. This accomplished nic user started out smoking early but switched to dipping Copenhagen for another 24 years before reaching the KTC site and the brothers of Nov 2012. After a small entanglement with a cigarette in Sept 13 this person re-joined Jan 14 to continue to quit on! Now that’s dedication to a quit!!! This quitter will soon retire, but don’t let that fool ya. Whitehart is getting ready to go ziplining at age 65 and without a dip in! Booya!!! When asked who helped them along the most in their quit whitehart says that MikeWC and Willy_MN “helped me to do the right thing” Although this quitter is retiring they won’t be leaving KTC anytime soon. We will see whitehart around for at least another 100 days because daily contact with KTC is really important to their quit!

IÂ’m puttin the Killer express in cruise mode now, as we begin our slow descent back down to the southern tier of our mighty, nic-free nation. Signing offÂ…Â…...

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
Quote from: whitehart
Hello all..............just wondering if there are other women out there quitting? I'm 64, and my habit has been pretty easy to hide because no one suspects. Smoked for 20 years, quit and then took up chewing for the next 24 years. I do believe 44 years is enough!! I worked on cutting down my usage, told my secret to most of the important people in my life, and then took the plunge on July 27th. So I am on day 10. Easier than I thought in some ways, but hard in other ways.....have cried more in the last 10 days than in the preceding 44 years. The thing that helps me the most is exercise............walking, kayaking, working out, dancing, gardening. But when I sit down to rest..............ooh, that's the hard part. Glad to see all of you brave souls out there.
Welcome whitehart! There are a few women on this site, I'm sure they will find you. Just wanted to extend a welcome. PM me if I can help.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »
Hello all..............just wondering if there are other women out there quitting?  I'm 64, and my habit has been pretty easy to hide because no one suspects.  Smoked for 20 years, quit and then took up chewing for the next 24 years.  I do believe 44 years is enough!!  I worked on cutting down my usage, told my secret to most of the important people in my life, and then took the plunge on July 27th.  So I am on day 10.  Easier than I thought in some ways, but hard in other ways.....have cried more in the last 10 days than in the preceding 44 years.  The thing that helps me the most is exercise............walking, kayaking, working out, dancing, gardening.  But when I sit down to rest..............ooh, that's the hard part.  Glad to see all of you brave souls out there.
Welcome Whitehart, and CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to quit! There are a few of us ladies around this site. Don't let the guys scare ya though...teddy bears, really :)
Check your Inbox (1)

Offline flyingfree

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
Hello all..............just wondering if there are other women out there quitting? I'm 64, and my habit has been pretty easy to hide because no one suspects. Smoked for 20 years, quit and then took up chewing for the next 24 years. I do believe 44 years is enough!! I worked on cutting down my usage, told my secret to most of the important people in my life, and then took the plunge on July 27th. So I am on day 10. Easier than I thought in some ways, but hard in other ways.....have cried more in the last 10 days than in the preceding 44 years. The thing that helps me the most is exercise............walking, kayaking, working out, dancing, gardening. But when I sit down to rest..............ooh, that's the hard part. Glad to see all of you brave souls out there.
Welcome!! I'm not a woman, but I'm in November as well, saw your post, and just wanted to say hello and congrats on double digits!

I'm quit with you!
So I quit! I quit for me! Because I don't want to die, life is so much better without nicotine, and I want my honor back. I want to keep my word. I want to be the man I intend to be, and have my actions demonstrate my integrity. I want to live my ideals. And I will, one day at a time.

Offline whitehart

• Quitter
other female quitters?
« on: August 05, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
If it changes your life, let it!

Quit date: July 27, 2012
Caved: day 429!
Re-quit day: September 29, 2013