Author Topic: Veteran Quiter  (Read 782 times)

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Veteran Quiter
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 03:37:00 AM »
dilemma,

great job posting roll! I quit with you today.

Keep on quittin

dave

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Diesel2112
We were all HUGE group guys when we came here....

I gave pesto pasta sauce "a chance" last night.  It tasted like I was eating a Christmas tree and I've been shitting green all day today.  Ill never eat it again.

You don't give QUITTING "a chance" you fucking do it or you don't. 

Like Nike says...
MFG, Diesel, thank you for making me spray food onto my monitor today.

Is this a Michigan Blue  Yellow make kind of green?
It's MAIZE and blue..

And pesto pasta sauce is the most disgusting thing ever created.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112

I gave pesto pasta sauce "a chance" last night. It tasted like I was eating a Christmas tree and I've been shitting green all day today. Ill never eat it again.

Like Nike says...
MFG, Diesel, thank you for making me spray food onto my monitor today.

Is this a Michigan Blue  Yellow make kind of green?
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »

I gave pesto pasta sauce "a chance" last night. It tasted like I was eating a Christmas tree and I've been shitting green all day today. Ill never eat it again.

Like Nike says...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: drdilemma
... so I am giving this a chance. I have never been much of a group guy, but if it helps so be it!
You ways of the past sucked, that's why you remained a slave to nicotine. Don't give this a chance, just do it! This time, do the opposite of what you have done in the past. Be accountable to strangers and hold them accountable too. Safety in numbers. Get your name on roll everyday without fail. Honor your word all day.
Do or Do Not...There is No Try!

Welcome to the best of your life Quitter!
We do this One day at a time.
We post roll early (our promise for the day), we keep our word all damn day, we wake and repeat!
It's the KTC way and it saved my life.
If I can do this, I know that YOU can TOO!!
cheers.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
... so I am giving this a chance. I have never been much of a group guy, but if it helps so be it!
You ways of the past sucked, that's why you remained a slave to nicotine. Don't give this a chance, just do it! This time, do the opposite of what you have done in the past. Be accountable to strangers and hold them accountable too. Safety in numbers. Get your name on roll everyday without fail. Honor your word all day.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Welcome to the site dilemma! I, and others like me are really glad you found your way here. Posting this intro is a huge step towards taking back your life and REALLY being quit.

Id like to direct your attention to the WELCOME CENTER This will give you a good understanding of who and what we are, here at KTC, as well as instructions on what to do next.

You've already introduced yourself, so make your way over to your quit group. I believe you will be posting with January 2014.

You can learn how to post roll in the aforementioned welcome center. If you need more help, just ask. We would all be glad to help.

I cant agree more with Pinched. Find an alternative. This will help you IMMENSELY. Get over to your local walmart and pick up some smokey mountain herbal snuff. (behind the tobacco counter, costs less than the average can) If you dont mind waiting for it, KTC offers discounts on a few alternative brands that you can order online. You can find these HERE. I wish that I had prepared myself better and stocked up on these.

Bear in mind when I say prepare, I am not in any way encouraging you to postpone your quit until you are prepared. You have to quit today. Why wait? You're only killing yourself.

That feeling you are having, its almost like you are apart from yourself right? Like you are seeing yourself from someone elses perspective. Real out of body experience. Thats called the fog. Its normal and it sucks. You can find our what to expect further into your quit read up more on it HERE.

You said you are not much of a group guy. I get it. Time was, I was just like you. Hell, I left for over a week. Thing is, you cannot hope to win a fight like this on your own. You know this, for you have tried. Utilize the tools around you and you will be a fine quitter.

Best advice I can give you is to read EVERYTHING. Then re-read it. Then read it again. Keep reading until you can recite everything from memory. Push back the Nic B*tch; you can be free, but you have to want it more than anything.

I'm sure by now, you have gotten PM's with numbers. These are a great tool, and one I hope you will take full advantage of. Having bad cravings? Hit up your contacts. Guarantee they will get you through it. Hell, just ring up a brother to talk. Text us. I've got a few contacts I talk to on a fairly daily basis. It helps, I mean it.

If your mind ever wanders down the path to caving, I urge you to take a look at THESE. Or read up on all of THESE.

I welcome you to the site, brother. If there is anything I can help you with, you have but to ask. I am quit with you today.

DD911 - Day 81.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Here I am. I can't tell you how many times I have quit then started back up. I'm in my early 40's, had my first dip on the flight deck of the USS America back in 1992. Copenhagen. It was disgusting and I turned green. Got into smoking not long after that, then moved onto chewing, then dipping and have been dipping off and on ever since.

This is the first time quitting I have ever experienced anything other than my lip burning, longing for another dip. I quit two days ago and feel like I have head trauma. I can't think, I can't park my truck, I feel tired and energized at the same time and I am in a fog or sorts. I almost feel a little drunk.

I ran across this site looking up side effects of quitting.

I know I need to actually quit for good, so I am giving this a chance. I have never been much of a group guy, but if it helps so be it!
Hi DrDilemma, I wrote a speech a couple days ago just for you! Please read it here.

index.php?showtopic=8973
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Here I am. I can't tell you how many times I have quit then started back up. I'm in my early 40's, had my first dip on the flight deck of the USS America back in 1992. Copenhagen. It was disgusting and I turned green. Got into smoking not long after that, then moved onto chewing, then dipping and have been dipping off and on ever since.

This is the first time quitting I have ever experienced anything other than my lip burning, longing for another dip. I quit two days ago and feel like I have head trauma. I can't think, I can't park my truck, I feel tired and energized at the same time and I am in a fog or sorts. I almost feel a little drunk.

I know I need to actually quit for good, so I am giving this a chance. I have never been much of a group guy, but if it helps so be it!
Great advice so far, you are in good hands. As for the "not much of a group guy" thing. I felt similarly. It seemed weird when some stranger sent me their number and asked for mine. I thought about it, and wondered why I had a hesitancy to give out my number. I realized, I didn't want some jerk calling me out if I failed and caved. Then, I really got it... That is exactly why I needed to give my number to all these wonderful MFers. They hold me accountable and keep me quit.
PM me if you want another person to hold you accountable.

The other thing is, if you post to your intro, you will get feedback about your thinking. IF you are on the right track, or wandering into dangerous territory. IT is also very valuable.

Stay strong and stay quit.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

Welcome Dr. THe group will definitely help if you're willing to let it. Pinched's advice is great for sure. PM me if you want more numbers.

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

Congrats on the decision to quit Doc. The first 3 days are the hardest but then it gets better. Remember how bad it is now and use it later in your quit when you have a crave to return.

Head on over to the Welcome Center and read about what we do here and why it works. After that pop on over to the january quit group found here and post roll.

Welcome to the site. Check your inbox for my phone number. Give me a call or a text any time you need some extra help or just need to talk.

Glad to be quit with you today.

-Matty
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Hey brother, first of you never quit before, you stopped. I am also a Veteran, I quit 99 days ago. Right now you are experiencing what has been coined the "FOG"; find an alternative quickly...fake dip, jolly ranchers, life savers, jerky, seeds, etc.

Next drink lots of water, this is all Nicotine leaving your body, it will pass it may take 3 more days or a week.

Now post roll in your group get some phone numbers from others, and get to quitting. I will be sending you a PM(Personal Message) on her h=to your inbox (upper right hand corner of window). Read it, then call me if I can be of immediate assistance.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline drdilemma

Veteran Quiter
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »