Author Topic: So this is the party huh?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Ricko

• Quitter
  • Interests: Start projects that I do not finish... Bonfires in the back yard.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So this is the party huh?
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
I went to the Dr. to get the prescription Centrix or whatever it is called "My time to quit" pill. In the directions it states to accually start the pill and and still plan the quit. The best thing that ever happened to me was that Lastchance told me to take the dip out of my mouth now. That was 7 days ago. It really sucked for a couple of days and accually it still sucks becuase I really miss my little round friend but their is so much support here in this space their is no need to worry that no one will be there for you. We have all waited long enough. You can have faith in yourself. Besides if you quit before 11/21 you will be in the most awesome group of frosty can killers. I decided the frosty part comes from the fact that at least I like to drink my beer out of a frosty mug. Best wishes and hope to hear from you soon.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
You can do this without the fake stuff. Many have. many will. Be one of them Mike.

You can do this. we can help.

Today is a fine day to quit.

Offline Bones

• Quitter
  • Interests: Waterfowler, 3 year old bowhunting addiction, fishing- all of it. Old washed up soccer/baseball player. I can bait a hook and untangle fishing line for kids all day everyday..
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
I started dipping sometime in the 9th grade. I'm not sure how I got started. I mean, it's not like I made a concious decision to stick a wad of tobacco in my mouth, it just kinda happened. Now, I'm almost 34 years old (5 days away), I've got an 8 year old son, and a daughter due in January.

Wanna know what sucks the most? I actually quit. I did it. All by myself (along with a smokeless substitute). I was dip free for about three months, and then one Saturday morning, I woke up and my wife was at work. My son was off at my folks house. The game was about to come on. I thought, hey, I can have just one... maybe for the 1st half of the game... I'll throw the can out before my wife gets home. So, like a fool, I drove down to the gas station, bought a can of the cheapest stuff they had, and here we are three months later, and I'm back to a can every two days.

I'm at work right now, so that's good, but as soon as I get home, I know damn good and well I'll go for that can that I've got stuck in a jacket pocket in my closet.

I haven't established my quit date yet. I mean, I know when it is, I just don't know when it is. My last day of dipping will be the day before my smokeless substitue arrives. I ordered 12 cans today (it only took 6 the first time, but I want to make sure I don't relapse again). As soon as I check the mail and find my package there, I'm flushing the dip down the toilet and never looking back again.

I may not post again until that day arrives, but when it comes, I'm gonna be here lookin' for some back up because I'm sick and tired of digging pieces of shit out of my teeth every night before bed.
Mike..
you can quit now.. Its scarey. I know.. But you can set your mind to do it right now, like I did over 100 days ago. You just gotta have big badass balls and get pissed off at your nicotine habit..
I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout. - Paul O'Niel

Offline divarty

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
Do it your way if you must but I'm here to tell you that today is a great day to quit. With the fake stuff here or not the only thing that keeps you from a relapse is you. You never know what the last one that gets you is going to be, make it today that it ends. Post roll in your group and quit putting that death in your face.
quit date 7/14/2008

Offline Mike AKA Mike

So this is the party huh?
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
I started dipping sometime in the 9th grade. I'm not sure how I got started. I mean, it's not like I made a concious decision to stick a wad of tobacco in my mouth, it just kinda happened. Now, I'm almost 34 years old (5 days away), I've got an 8 year old son, and a daughter due in January.

Wanna know what sucks the most? I actually quit. I did it. All by myself (along with a smokeless substitute). I was dip free for about three months, and then one Saturday morning, I woke up and my wife was at work. My son was off at my folks house. The game was about to come on. I thought, hey, I can have just one... maybe for the 1st half of the game... I'll throw the can out before my wife gets home. So, like a fool, I drove down to the gas station, bought a can of the cheapest stuff they had, and here we are three months later, and I'm back to a can every two days.

I'm at work right now, so that's good, but as soon as I get home, I know damn good and well I'll go for that can that I've got stuck in a jacket pocket in my closet.

I haven't established my quit date yet. I mean, I know when it is, I just don't know when it is. My last day of dipping will be the day before my smokeless substitue arrives. I ordered 12 cans today (it only took 6 the first time, but I want to make sure I don't relapse again). As soon as I check the mail and find my package there, I'm flushing the dip down the toilet and never looking back again.

I may not post again until that day arrives, but when it comes, I'm gonna be here lookin' for some back up because I'm sick and tired of digging pieces of shit out of my teeth every night before bed.