Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 974 times)

Offline Big Red 77

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Introduction
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:08:00 PM »
What is going on Coach Ed!!!

I am a 23 year old college student, so I know where you are coming from. Trust me, KTC and this site will save your life, it is amazing how much this website has helped me in my quit. So, I see you posted an intro in your quit group "March 2018", nice! Everyday we log on and post our promise not to use nicotine in our quit group ( it takes all of 30 seconds), think you can handle that ? HOW TO POST ROLL VIDEO. Click the link and it'll teach you how to post roll..

Also, youre brand new into your quit, there will be some symptoms that will be challenging but using this website and the help from other quitters will be the key in overcoming the obstacles. Here is a link to what to expect for when you quit dipping CLICK ME.

I will reach out to you in your inbox, as other quitters will and share our digits with you. Feel free to share yours for accountability and/or emergency help. If you dont feel comfortable, no worries!

Glad to see you taking the first step in being quit!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »
Welcome.

Your story is fairly similar to mine. I fooled around with nicotine a bit in high school, and become a full blown addict in college.

The big difference is that my use lasted 24 years. I envy anyone who has the balls to quit when they are early in their addiction.

Don't worry about screwing up roll. The only way to screw up roll is by not being on roll. Here is a link to instructions on posting roll. Again, it might take a couple days to really get the hang of it.

It'll be tough to quit surrounded by that many active users. Just remember, when you post roll, you are giving your solemn promise to members of this KTC community that you will not use nicotine in any form for the rest of the day, one day at a time.

One last thing. While it's noble to want to quit for your mom, you need to quit for yourself. Your mom isn't going to be in your room at 1:15, when you're studying for an exam, and you decide to bum just one to get you through the night. Your mom isn't going to be there when you're done with a marathon day of classes, and are so stressed that you need just one to wind down. Quit because you're sick of using. Sick of tearing up your lip. Sick of having dragon breath. Sick of being a bitch to a little round can.

Offline coach ed

• Quit Date: 2017-11-30
  • Likes Given: 0
Introduction
« on: November 30, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm currently a 21 year old in a fraternity at my college. Naturally, a solid majority of my fraternity brothers dip. My first chew was around February of 2017, and I hated it. From February to mid August, I probably put in 5 chews, and I hated the feeling every time.

In late August, our university student government had a 3 day overnight retreat. My two bestfriends are heavy smokeless tobacco users, and they both were on the trip as well. We claimed our cabin and instantly put in chews, and chewed throughout the trip. For whatever reason, I started to enjoy the feeling of having a chaw in.

That trip was the start of my addiction. Once we returned home, I just kept going. Being a high stress, high anxiety individual, smokeless tobacco was how I relaxed. Whenever I got done at the gym, I'd drink my protein and throw in some pouches. Fraternity / student government meetings? Chew. Sitting on my ass watching netflix? Chew. Studying? Chew. The months of September / October I was at a can a day with no signs of stopping.

I have an extremely addictive personality. Addiction runs in my family. I got to a point early in November where I realized I need to stop now. I started using nicotine pouches, and, if anything, those made my nicotine addiction worse. The past month I've slowed down with my nicotine / tobacco use, but I still continued. Over Thanksgiving break, my mom found out I chewed. She wasn't mad, she was extremely disappointed. That disappointment from the person I love most has served as my motivation to quit. I put a chew in last night, felt instant guilt, and realized it was now or never.

I am very excited to become tobacco and nicotine free. I realize its an extremely difficult process, and I am prepared for the worse. I feel lucky and blessed to have come across this website, and I'm excited to not only work on my addiction, but be present to support others.

Last night I ordered Smokey Mountain tobacco / nicotine free snuff and Grinds coffee grounds, and I'm pumped. I'm a little confused on the forum style and the roll posts, so please be patient with me. I'm committed to this website and being tobacco / nicotine free!