Author Topic: New quitter  (Read 3106 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New quitter
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
Quote from: dkite
Rock on brother saddle up and ride on remember you are quiting one day at a time not all at once.
Andrew, where is your post,,, did you srike out today. I was hoping for a better batting average. Maybe I missed your post. I'll go look through again maybe I need better glasses. I'll be back in a little while.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline dkite

• Quitter
  • Interests: fishing, hunting, gardening, bears football
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Rock on brother saddle up and ride on remember you are quiting one day at a time not all at once.

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Swizle
So this afternoon I went out and bought a few cans of Smokey Mountain. It helps immensely. as I stated alot of my problem has to do with my oral fixation that I have always had. I also burned a SHIT LOAD of live wood. We just moved in with some friends, so I feel obliged to do work around the house/yard. He trimmed a bunch of his pine trees, some branches being over 10 ft long and 6"+ in diameter. It kept my mind busy and off of nicotine for over 5 hours.

So now I'm off to feed the addiction that I will never be able to kick, my Coke habit. A 2 liter sounds absolutely amazing after stoking a hot fire for 5+ hours.

Oh... and on the bright side, the Tigers whooped on the Astros again. Anyone here a baseball fan? I was a phenom of a baseball player in High School. Sophomore year I played on the varsity and hit .498 with an over 1.00 slugging %. My fielding at first was a bit sketchy, but I was the second coming of Ted Williams with the bat. It helps that most of the schools in my high school conference prohibited the use of breaking pitches. you throw me a fastball and I know it's coming, it's not gonna make it to the catchers glove. This until a terrible car accident on Feb 14th 2002. Broke my left femur in half, penetrating my skin, crushing my knee almost into dust. Never played baseball again. Throughout high school and college I gained weight like it was going out of style. Went from 315 when I was 16 (I was also 6'2") to over 450 when I had lap band surgery performed almost a year and a half ago. Not being able to do the things physically that I once could, the weight just poured on, especially with the all-you-can-eat dining style that my college and most college campuses have for students who live on campus.

Anyway, just wanted to update my day and remind you folks that I AM SERIOUS. Nicotine is out of my life, and this includes cheating with a cigarette. Never again will nicotine enter my system.

Quitter as of 5/4/2013 'Sno'
1. The fake shit is phenomenal - I have the oral fixation thing too, and that shit absolutely helps.
2. Fuck pine trees
3. Baseball's cool but I'm in MN and the Twins fucking suck ass, so it's not a lot of fun to follow. I can see how watching the Tigers might be a little more interesting.
4. Fuck car accidents.
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »
So this afternoon I went out and bought a few cans of Smokey Mountain. It helps immensely. as I stated alot of my problem has to do with my oral fixation that I have always had. I also burned a SHIT LOAD of live wood. We just moved in with some friends, so I feel obliged to do work around the house/yard. He trimmed a bunch of his pine trees, some branches being over 10 ft long and 6"+ in diameter. It kept my mind busy and off of nicotine for over 5 hours.

So now I'm off to feed the addiction that I will never be able to kick, my Coke habit. A 2 liter sounds absolutely amazing after stoking a hot fire for 5+ hours.

Oh... and on the bright side, the Tigers whooped on the Astros again. Anyone here a baseball fan? I was a phenom of a baseball player in High School. Sophomore year I played on the varsity and hit .498 with an over 1.00 slugging %. My fielding at first was a bit sketchy, but I was the second coming of Ted Williams with the bat. It helps that most of the schools in my high school conference prohibited the use of breaking pitches. you throw me a fastball and I know it's coming, it's not gonna make it to the catchers glove. This until a terrible car accident on Feb 14th 2002. Broke my left femur in half, penetrating my skin, crushing my knee almost into dust. Never played baseball again. Throughout high school and college I gained weight like it was going out of style. Went from 315 when I was 16 (I was also 6'2") to over 450 when I had lap band surgery performed almost a year and a half ago. Not being able to do the things physically that I once could, the weight just poured on, especially with the all-you-can-eat dining style that my college and most college campuses have for students who live on campus.

Anyway, just wanted to update my day and remind you folks that I AM SERIOUS. Nicotine is out of my life, and this includes cheating with a cigarette. Never again will nicotine enter my system.

Good job andrew. One Day at a time and you take your life back. Quitting the can is one of the smartest things I've ever done and i really enjoy helping people realize that life without the can is so much better than with. I was a slave for over 25 years. All the can ever did for me was take my money, selfworth, and time that i should have been spending with my family.

Things will be tough for the next 3 or 4 days. Drink plenty of water, exercise, fake. Whatever you got to do to keep the real stuff out. I quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 06:40:00 AM »
Awesome! I quite with you today. Don't forget to post roll!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Swizle

• Interests: Video games (World of Warcraft, Age of Empires, FIFA soccer, Madden Football)<br><br>Dogs, I have a Border Collie and a German Shepherd. My dogs are my life and my children. Being that my wife has PCOS and is infertile, my dogs will always be my children and my babies<br><br>Television (House M.D, CSI [the original], Big Bang Theory, Law and Order SVU, How I Met Your Mother.
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
Hey man, hope you mean it. I just recently quit myself. Six days ago. Was on the patch for two days. Stumbled upon this site and was happy I found it. I put my story out there, much shorter than yours, but my..... How fast everyone was to pounce on my head. I had mentioned I was using the patch to quit. So in a moment of f u guys I'll show you I took the pussy patch off. Lmfao. Yea that's when I found out how big of a pussy I am. Been totally clean now for 4 days. Just now feel my brain again. I was in what the vets call the suck. It is hell, pure unadulterated god damn hell. Now while on the patch I thought this isn't so bad, sure I missed the dip but i feel ok, yea well these guys saved me yet another failed attempt. Had I not gone thru this 4 day ball crushing, brain twisting, emotional roller coaster mind fuck, well I might go back to dip thinking I'll quit another day. Not so likely now! I never want to go thru that again, never never never ever! Just now getting better in fact. So while you say you need this and not that, trust me these guys know what we need, they did it, we are trying it. Hope to see you on roll with us bad mfr's in August tomorrow.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Let's get this Swizle
Tomorrow is a new day I will quit w you tomorrow
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
Now... don't freak yourself out by looking ahead and thinking, "I don't know if I can go a week/month/year". Stop that thinking right now. Today. Just do it today. Then... wake up tomorrow, post roll with your group and thousands of other badass quitters, and do it one more day. I'll do it with you... Every. Day! Rock it bro...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Quote from: FuFuTheSnu
It's all gone. Tossed out, spit bottles and empty cans.  I told my wife, she took it better than I expected.

I opened myself up and explained so much about myself to show that I am serious.  I have no reason to tell 1000 strangers a 5 page post about my problems.  I did it to open myself up and to show that I am serious.  I printed out the contract to give up, put it in my wallet and posted roll.
Fuck yeah motherfucker!
x 2, brother! Congrats on a great choice, brother!!! Post roll, read everything you can, and stay strong. YOU CAN DO THIS!
You've made your promise, keep your word, repeat first thing tomorrow.

There is not a reason in this universe to ever use nicotine again. Never again, for any reason, not once!

We do not want to hear some bitchy excuse about why you have no integrity. You want to be quit? Keep your word!
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »
Quote from: FuFuTheSnu
It's all gone. Tossed out, spit bottles and empty cans.  I told my wife, she took it better than I expected.

I opened myself up and explained so much about myself to show that I am serious.  I have no reason to tell 1000 strangers a 5 page post about my problems.  I did it to open myself up and to show that I am serious.  I printed out the contract to give up, put it in my wallet and posted roll.
Fuck yeah motherfucker!
x 2, brother! Congrats on a great choice, brother!!! Post roll, read everything you can, and stay strong. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
Welcome to ktc and congratulations on quitting. You will feel so much better without dip! I will quit with you all day and any day, If you need anything at all feel free to pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
It's all gone. Tossed out, spit bottles and empty cans. I told my wife, she took it better than I expected.

I opened myself up and explained so much about myself to show that I am serious. I have no reason to tell 1000 strangers a 5 page post about my problems. I did it to open myself up and to show that I am serious. I printed out the contract to give up, put it in my wallet and posted roll.
Fuck yeah motherfucker!
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
Quote from: srans

Well then,, what the heck. Welcome aboard. Like wmcatty said,,, get you some stuff to keep those cravings down as much as you can. A lot of people use smokey mountain(fake dip),, you can get it at wall-mart. I used (still use ) toothpicks and gum. No nicotine,,,, none. 3 or 4 days until the nicotine is out of your system. Glad to be quit with you.
OK Andrew. Glad to hear it. Now lets get this friggin party started! I PM'd you my telephone number a few moments ago. Call me and lets start your first day of freedom!!
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
It's all gone. Tossed out, spit bottles and empty cans. I told my wife, she took it better than I expected.

I opened myself up and explained so much about myself to show that I am serious. I have no reason to tell 1000 strangers a 5 page post about my problems. I did it to open myself up and to show that I am serious. I printed out the contract to give up, put it in my wallet and posted roll.
Well then,, what the heck. Welcome aboard. Like wmcatty said,,, get you some stuff to keep those cravings down as much as you can. A lot of people use smokey mountain(fake dip),, you can get it at wall-mart. I used (still use ) toothpicks and gum. No nicotine,,,, none. 3 or 4 days until the nicotine is out of your system. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech