Author Topic: New quitter  (Read 3108 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
Swizle,
I have to agree with Srans you are not quit and your post didnt sound serious. I had to reread it. Quit all nicotine and crutches post tomorrow give us your word and we quit tomorrow together.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Swizle

• Interests: Video games (World of Warcraft, Age of Empires, FIFA soccer, Madden Football)<br><br>Dogs, I have a Border Collie and a German Shepherd. My dogs are my life and my children. Being that my wife has PCOS and is infertile, my dogs will always be my children and my babies<br><br>Television (House M.D, CSI [the original], Big Bang Theory, Law and Order SVU, How I Met Your Mother.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
It's all gone. Tossed out, spit bottles and empty cans. I told my wife, she took it better than I expected.

I opened myself up and explained so much about myself to show that I am serious. I have no reason to tell 1000 strangers a 5 page post about my problems. I did it to open myself up and to show that I am serious. I printed out the contract to give up, put it in my wallet and posted roll.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Swizle
It's not as if I have a hell of a lot of experience with quitting nicotine. I am not addicted to cannabis or alcohol. Those are things I do rather unfrequently (1/month) and as stated in this National Cancer Institute document

(http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/ ... onal/page1),

cannabis has more health benefiting properties than people give it credit for, and most people fall victim to what society/media has brain washed them to think cannabis is. I can argue the legality/addictiveness of cannabis all day long, but that isn't what this is about. I am serious and I had a choke up. It happens, I know that I made an excuse for it. I'm human, sue me. If I wanted to be scalded I would have dug my grandmother up from the grave and discussed it with her. Tough love isn't what I need. I get enough of that from my wife. I know what I have to do, what I don't know is how. This is where this forum comes into play. If you want to flame me, make assumptions that I'm not serious blah blah blah, I don't want to hear it. Yes I am serious. I have watched every person in my family try to quit cigarettes. None of them ever lasted more than a day. I have surpassed that by 4x on just my first attempt. So don't you make an assumption based off of my introduction that I am "not serious". You are a hall of fame baseball player if you reach base 4/10 times throughout your career. I'm batting .500 right now. I fucked up, this I know. The beat goes on, my life moves on and today it moves on without the can.
I'm not trying to scald you,, I just don't know if your serious or not, with the post you made. Quitting nicotine is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. You mentioned that you smoked during the 4 days you took a break from dipping. That is not quitting!!!

A lot of people come here and are not serious...

One more thing,, we don't hold punches here,, we call it like we see it. That's how come this sight works. That's also why you came here,, you said you wanted help. Sometimes help isn't what you want to hear it's what you need to hear.

All that aside I wouldn't be here if I didn't care. Go to the top left,, read everything in the welcome center. Read how to post roll, this is how we stay quit. When you finish your last dip and decide to really quit,, post roll, and lets get this quit started.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
Do you want some cheese with that Whine? OK Andrew, proof is in the pudding as they say. You want to quit and that is what we are here for. No pussy half ass attempts. You did not quit for 4 days this week. You stopped using dip on Monday and substituted cigarattes. All you did was trade one nicotine delivery system for another. No matter. If you want to quit, get rid of the can you have been savoring. PM me as I had requested earlier. I was not kidding about that. Look up at the top right hand of your screen and open the inbox. It will take you to another screen where you can send me a private message. Go to Walmart and get some Smokey Mountain. It is a fake dip w/o nicotine. Stock up on some hard candy, nuts, sunflower seeds, water and energy drinks. Get the G2, as it has less than 1/2 the calories that Gatorade has. Then get on this site tonight and start reading. Read all the HOF speeches, read all the stories about cancer, read everything you can...then re-read them. There is a wealth of information on here, just start at the Welcome Center on the top left of your screen. You may have a little problem sleeping. If you do, go for a long, brisk walk. Exercise everyday. Drink plenty of water. Commit yourself to both quitting and losing weight. Join Jenny Craig or Weight watchers if you have to. Go to the Live Chat here at KTC when you feel the urge to use, rant, rage or vent...better here than towards the family. Chat is where alot of us lived the first few days/weeks of our quit. Family support is crutial...get them to read some of the information on this site as well. Post roll everyday...that is our promise to the hundreds of men and women on this site that you will not use nicotine for that day. If you are a man of your word, you will abide by your promise. If not, you have wasted everyones time, including your own.
Now Andrew, how is that for some basic instructions on what to do? It is a good starting point wouldn't you say? Get busy quitting or get busy dying...your choice my friend. Hope you have the cods to do what you say you want to do. KTC works...make it work for you if you are really as serious as you say you are.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Swizle

• Interests: Video games (World of Warcraft, Age of Empires, FIFA soccer, Madden Football)<br><br>Dogs, I have a Border Collie and a German Shepherd. My dogs are my life and my children. Being that my wife has PCOS and is infertile, my dogs will always be my children and my babies<br><br>Television (House M.D, CSI [the original], Big Bang Theory, Law and Order SVU, How I Met Your Mother.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
It's not as if I have a hell of a lot of experience with quitting nicotine. I am not addicted to cannabis or alcohol. Those are things I do rather unfrequently (1/month) and as stated in this National Cancer Institute document

(http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/ ... onal/page1),

cannabis has more health benefiting properties than people give it credit for, and most people fall victim to what society/media has brain washed them to think cannabis is. I can argue the legality/addictiveness of cannabis all day long, but that isn't what this is about. I am serious and I had a choke up. It happens, I know that I made an excuse for it. I'm human, sue me. If I wanted to be scalded I would have dug my grandmother up from the grave and discussed it with her. Tough love isn't what I need. I get enough of that from my wife. I know what I have to do, what I don't know is how. This is where this forum comes into play. If you want to flame me, make assumptions that I'm not serious blah blah blah, I don't want to hear it. Yes I am serious. I have watched every person in my family try to quit cigarettes. None of them ever lasted more than a day. I have surpassed that by 4x on just my first attempt. So don't you make an assumption based off of my introduction that I am "not serious". You are a hall of fame baseball player if you reach base 4/10 times throughout your career. I'm batting .500 right now. I fucked up, this I know. The beat goes on, my life moves on and today it moves on without the can.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
Andrew, I have to agree with Srans on the "off the shelf analysis" of your desire to quit. It seems that you are confused, troubled and not really dedicated to quitting nicotine right now. I hope we are wrong, but your intro leaves us with alot more questions than answers. When you decide to really quit for you and can do without all the other crutches like pot, beer, food,etc. for a while, we are here. It is time to grow the hell up and take the bull by the horns. We will all quit with you when you are ready to quit with us, but you have to take that first step. PM me or the others on this site that have left you messages and we will all give you our telephone numbers. This is part of our safe-guard mechanism that we use here at KTC. I hope you decide to take that first step and grab the bull by the horns. It will not be easy and you may gain some weight...but you will be free.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
Hello. My name is Andrew Smith, 27 years old from (just moved here) Lansing, Michigan. I have been dipping for almost 2 years. Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen and Mint. I've always had a mouth fixation since childhood. Chewing my fingernails, chewing on paper/plastic. My friend introduced me to Camel SNUS, and that soon progressed to the Grizzly. The dip fulfilled everything I needed. Gave me the buzz that I seek, being a casual drug seeker. I don't go out of my way for prescription pills, but when they are prescribed to me, I typically abuse them.

I quit on Monday April, 29th, and was good up until yesterday. I was out at a sports bar watching my Tigers barely beat the horrible Astros. Drank a few beers, which I knew was a mistake. My favorite time to chew is when I am either smoking pot (I love pot, but that is a WHOLE NOTHER legal/moral discussion) and when I drink beer. On the way home I stopped at a gas station and I broke. Walked up to the counter ashamed of myself and said "Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen, please"

I cracked. After almost 4 days of surviving. Not being able to sleep, not wanting to talk to anybody. Just sitting up in my bedroom watching CSI, listenting to my books and playing with my dogs. I cracked. Now, just over 12 hours later, my can is almost done and I can't do this again. I have had multiple bouts of crying, I even smoked a few ciggarettes trying to survive the onslaught of mind games that my head was putting me through (I HATE ciggarettes, growing up my family tortured me with them. Always chain smoking, irritating my lungs and my eyes. I truly do hate ciggerettes, which is why I felt safe to smoke one to take the edge off)

I am hoping that this forum can help me in times of need. My wife gets home in about an hour. I got one dip left to finish. Yeah, I know I should throw it out, but if I were that strong, I wouldn't need help to quit.

My wife has been begging me to quit. Some would say that I am doing it for her, but only partly. I know what dip does to the human body. Having my mother taken from me by cancer in her early 40's, I know the effect that carcinogens have on family and the personal pain that the diagnosis brings. I want to do it for myself too.

I used to be terribly morbidly obese. I had lap-band surgery in December of 2011 and gave gone from 450 lbs to 320 lbs. During my 4 days of "sobriety" I found myself wanting to eat constantly. Non-stop, similar to the feeling of the "munchies" that cannabis entails. I haven't figured out a way to combat that yet. I have been looking for tobaccoless chewing product, but have had no success yet. I try to combat the oral fixation with wintergreen and spearmint flavored mints, but they only do so much, and give me heartburn like no other.

Anyway, this is my introduction. I will be consuming my last dip of my "cheat" can here in a few minutes and again, I will attempt to make my quit permanent. I would like to thank everyone ahead of time for any help or support that you can give to me. We may all be strangers, but all best friends start out as strangers at one point.

I do have one question. . . Do I tell the wife that I cheated? Do I let her know that I caved in during a moment of weakness and broke my streak of 4 days? I'm not really sure how she will take it. She seemed alright knowing that I smoke a few cigs during my 4 day streak, but she knows as well as I do how much I hate ciggarettes, but god dammit I love chew lol.

Well, here we go. Time to fire up another episode of CSI (Gil Grissom is the best TV character of ALL TIME) Put in my last cheat dip and prepare to start the hell all over again.
Andrew, I have to tell you,,, all your post tells me is that your not serious about quitting. I know your mind is all screwed up right now. Let me enlighten you just a little. First of all,, you are addicted to one of the most addictive known drugs to man. (That being nicotine). It sounds like your addicted to other drugs as well. When you took a 4 day break from dipping you were puffing on cancer sticks,, so all you were doing is keeping your addiction fed. It takes 4 days to get all the nicotine out of your system,, we call it going through the suck. You haven't even begun to feel that yet. Right now you are up to your eyelids with addiction and I don't know if you realize it. Let me know when you are serious about quitting,, I'm not even sure you wrote your intro without a dip, joint or whatever. I'll stop with that,, think about it. Come back when your serious.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline dkite

• Quitter
  • Interests: fishing, hunting, gardening, bears football
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
Hello.  My name is Andrew Smith, 27 years old from (just moved here) Lansing, Michigan.  I have been dipping for almost 2 years.  Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen and Mint.  I've always had a mouth fixation since childhood.  Chewing my fingernails, chewing on paper/plastic.  My friend introduced me to Camel SNUS, and that soon progressed to the Grizzly.  The dip fulfilled everything I needed.  Gave me the buzz that I seek, being a casual drug seeker.  I don't go out of my way for prescription pills, but when they are prescribed to me, I typically abuse them.

I quit on Monday April, 29th, and was good up until yesterday.  I was out at a sports bar watching my Tigers barely beat the horrible Astros.  Drank a few beers, which I knew was a mistake.  My favorite time to chew is when I am either smoking pot (I love pot, but that is a WHOLE NOTHER legal/moral discussion) and when I drink beer.  On the way home I stopped at a gas station and I broke.  Walked up to the counter ashamed of myself and said "Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen, please"

I cracked.  After almost 4 days of surviving.  Not being able to sleep, not wanting to talk to anybody.  Just sitting up in my bedroom watching CSI, listenting to my books and playing with my dogs.  I cracked.  Now, just over 12 hours later, my can is almost done and I can't do this again.  I have had multiple bouts of crying, I even smoked a few ciggarettes trying to survive the onslaught of mind games that my head was putting me through (I HATE ciggarettes, growing up my family tortured me with them.  Always chain smoking, irritating my lungs and my eyes.  I truly do hate ciggerettes, which is why I felt safe to smoke one to take the edge off)

I am hoping that this forum can help me in times of need.  My wife gets home in about an hour.  I got one dip left to finish.  Yeah, I know I should throw it out, but if I were that strong, I wouldn't need help to quit.

My wife has been begging me to quit.  Some would say that I am doing it for her, but only partly.  I know what dip does to the human body.  Having my mother taken from me by cancer in her early 40's, I know the effect that carcinogens have on family and the personal pain that the diagnosis brings.  I want to do it for myself too.

I used to be terribly morbidly obese.  I had lap-band surgery in December of 2011 and gave gone from 450 lbs to 320 lbs.  During my 4 days of "sobriety" I found myself wanting to eat constantly.  Non-stop, similar to the feeling of the "munchies" that cannabis entails. I haven't figured out a way to combat that yet.  I have been looking for tobaccoless chewing product, but have had no success yet.  I try to combat the oral fixation with wintergreen and spearmint flavored mints, but they only do so much, and give me heartburn like no other.

Anyway, this is my introduction.  I will be consuming my last dip of my "cheat" can here in a few minutes and again, I will attempt to make my quit permanent.  I would like to thank everyone ahead of time for any help or support that you can give to me.  We may all be strangers, but all best friends start out as strangers at one point.

I do have one question. . . Do I tell the wife that I cheated?  Do I let her know that I caved in during a moment of weakness and broke my streak of 4 days?  I'm not really sure how she will take it.  She seemed alright knowing that I smoke a few cigs during my 4 day streak, but she knows as well as I do how much I hate ciggarettes, but god dammit I love chew lol.

Well, here we go.  Time to fire up another episode of CSI (Gil Grissom is the best TV character of ALL TIME)  Put in my last cheat dip and prepare to start the hell all over again.
Get in post everyday nobody has or will tolerate a cave and a sissy excuse. You need to get some numbers and call on the people to talk to you. There are some really great people here that can help you out I know because I am a quitter and just entered the hof on tuesday.
Rules you need to know:
Post every day in your group
do not use nic at all
you will quit everyday it does not come easy I know I was there 102 days ago
dont fuck up
do not cave
no excusses for using
you will be acountable for your posting in your quit group.
DO NOT US THE NIC BITCH
you can quit it is not easy so saddle up or be a pussy and go love the nic whore.
my number isxxxxxxxxxx use it I will answer beleive me I have taken two calls from ktc brothers at midnight and at 1 am.
I will quit with you.
dkite.
Oh yeah tell your wife everything she needs to know. Tell her to trust you and talk with her it helps.

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
Welcome Swizle. IÂ’m sure many others can introduce you to the site better than I, but look around and read as much as you can. Start posting roll tomorrow morning (youÂ’re Pre-HOF August 2013). Start building a support network by engaging with as many quitters as you can. ItÂ’s that network (as well as your quit group) that youÂ’ll rely on when things get tough. Best to have that in place BEFORE the shit hits the fan. PM me if you wanna swap digits. PM someone else if you wanna swap bodily fluids. I hereby quit with you today (or technically, I guess, tomorrow).
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline Swizle

New quitter
« on: May 03, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Hello. My name is Andrew Smith, 27 years old from (just moved here) Lansing, Michigan. I have been dipping for almost 2 years. Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen and Mint. I've always had a mouth fixation since childhood. Chewing my fingernails, chewing on paper/plastic. My friend introduced me to Camel SNUS, and that soon progressed to the Grizzly. The dip fulfilled everything I needed. Gave me the buzz that I seek, being a casual drug seeker. I don't go out of my way for prescription pills, but when they are prescribed to me, I typically abuse them.

I quit on Monday April, 29th, and was good up until yesterday. I was out at a sports bar watching my Tigers barely beat the horrible Astros. Drank a few beers, which I knew was a mistake. My favorite time to chew is when I am either smoking pot (I love pot, but that is a WHOLE NOTHER legal/moral discussion) and when I drink beer. On the way home I stopped at a gas station and I broke. Walked up to the counter ashamed of myself and said "Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen, please"

I cracked. After almost 4 days of surviving. Not being able to sleep, not wanting to talk to anybody. Just sitting up in my bedroom watching CSI, listenting to my books and playing with my dogs. I cracked. Now, just over 12 hours later, my can is almost done and I can't do this again. I have had multiple bouts of crying, I even smoked a few ciggarettes trying to survive the onslaught of mind games that my head was putting me through (I HATE ciggarettes, growing up my family tortured me with them. Always chain smoking, irritating my lungs and my eyes. I truly do hate ciggerettes, which is why I felt safe to smoke one to take the edge off)

I am hoping that this forum can help me in times of need. My wife gets home in about an hour. I got one dip left to finish. Yeah, I know I should throw it out, but if I were that strong, I wouldn't need help to quit.

My wife has been begging me to quit. Some would say that I am doing it for her, but only partly. I know what dip does to the human body. Having my mother taken from me by cancer in her early 40's, I know the effect that carcinogens have on family and the personal pain that the diagnosis brings. I want to do it for myself too.

I used to be terribly morbidly obese. I had lap-band surgery in December of 2011 and gave gone from 450 lbs to 320 lbs. During my 4 days of "sobriety" I found myself wanting to eat constantly. Non-stop, similar to the feeling of the "munchies" that cannabis entails. I haven't figured out a way to combat that yet. I have been looking for tobaccoless chewing product, but have had no success yet. I try to combat the oral fixation with wintergreen and spearmint flavored mints, but they only do so much, and give me heartburn like no other.

Anyway, this is my introduction. I will be consuming my last dip of my "cheat" can here in a few minutes and again, I will attempt to make my quit permanent. I would like to thank everyone ahead of time for any help or support that you can give to me. We may all be strangers, but all best friends start out as strangers at one point.

I do have one question. . . Do I tell the wife that I cheated? Do I let her know that I caved in during a moment of weakness and broke my streak of 4 days? I'm not really sure how she will take it. She seemed alright knowing that I smoke a few cigs during my 4 day streak, but she knows as well as I do how much I hate ciggarettes, but god dammit I love chew lol.

Well, here we go. Time to fire up another episode of CSI (Gil Grissom is the best TV character of ALL TIME) Put in my last cheat dip and prepare to start the hell all over again.