Author Topic: Lord Let this be the last Time  (Read 2121 times)

Offline jbuilder7916

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-10-30
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lord Let this be the last Time
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Welcome GerryL!! Congrats on the great decision to kill the can. Now here is what you do...prepare for the suck. That violent and foggy feeling, that's the suck, we all have fought through it, you need to do it too. It makes you stronger, never forget today. Glad you got some live savers  gum (not the nic type). Get you some toothpicks, cranberry juice (helps with the withdrawls) and drink LOTS of water. The nicotine will be out of your system in 72 hours.

Today is your day 1. Go to quit groups and find May 13

That is the group you'll be posting roll in. Posting roll is a DAILY PLEDGE to your newly found quit brothers that you will NOT USE NIC TODAY. One day at a time, that's how we quit. I quit 94 days ago after sucking cope for 19 years. You can do it too, just take it one day, one crave at a time.

I will PM you my contact information. Call me if you need to. Also, don't be afraid to jump into live chat.
Health is not everything, but without health, everything else is nothing.

Offline iizphilister

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Po Pimping
Re: Lord Let this be the last Time
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: GerryL
Hey all,

Ever take a dip and say, " Damn, this tastes like Sh*t"? Seemed to happening more often for me here of late. I just opened this can this morning and it seemed fine but after I got to work and had a cup of coffee, "Damn, this taste like Sh*t" happened again. I have been dipping Cope for 37 years and have tried to quite on 5 other occassions. On 3 occassions I would have thought i was really done. One was right after I started and I took a big swig of what I thought was coke but happened to be my spit can. The second time was when I was thrown in the brig for 45 days without any. But ooohhh no, I had to buy a can as soon as got out. and the third, well my employer offered me a thousand dollars if I quit. I lasted 2 days. This is my 6th time and i am happy I found this site to help me and let me rant if need be. (They said I can rant). I finally came to the realization that I haven't kissed my wife really good (tounge) for a long time as she says she doesn't like the smell of or the taste of Cope. (Really, it just started tasting like Sh*t to me here lately). Anyway, at 10:17 am this morning i took the last of my dip out. At 11:10 am I walked into my bosses office and gave him a darn near new can, went to the grocery store and bought me some gum and lifesavers. (Dern, I forgot how much I like butterrum lifesavers). I am really going to try and give this a real shot this time. I am going to start a quit Dip journel and keep track of my daily torchers.
Pray for me as I think this is going to be one of the worst trips to get to where I need to be. 3 hours in and a life time to go.
You made the first step. That's what matters. Now get hooked in with your Quit Group. Get some numbers and some fellas to hold you accountable. Take it moment by moment. It's gonna be rough, but that's what all these guys who went before us are here for. Lean on them. Learn from them. STAY QUIT!

It's a choice. Damn tough one, but a choice, none-the-less.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Quit date: 1/1/2013
H.O.F. April 10, 2013
2nd Floor July 19, 2013
3rd Floor Oct 28, 2013
4th Floor Feb 19, 2014
5th Floor May 15, 2014
6th Floor Aug 25, 2014
7th Floor Dec 11, 2014
8th Floor Mar 11, 2015
9th Floor June 16, 2015
Comma Town - 9/27/2015

"If I am not myself...... Who will be me?"
THIS is WHO we ARE!

"It's your choice to cave....I'd rather be shot!"

Offline GerryL

• Interests: My wife, kids and grandbabies. Sports and the Gr8 outdoors
Lord Let this be the last Time
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
Hey all,

Ever take a dip and say, " Damn, this tastes like Sh*t"? Seemed to happening more often for me here of late. I just opened this can this morning and it seemed fine but after I got to work and had a cup of coffee, "Damn, this taste like Sh*t" happened again. I have been dipping Cope for 37 years and have tried to quite on 5 other occassions. On 3 occassions I would have thought i was really done. One was right after I started and I took a big swig of what I thought was coke but happened to be my spit can. The second time was when I was thrown in the brig for 45 days without any. But ooohhh no, I had to buy a can as soon as got out. and the third, well my employer offered me a thousand dollars if I quit. I lasted 2 days. This is my 6th time and i am happy I found this site to help me and let me rant if need be. (They said I can rant). I finally came to the realization that I haven't kissed my wife really good (tounge) for a long time as she says she doesn't like the smell of or the taste of Cope. (Really, it just started tasting like Sh*t to me here lately). Anyway, at 10:17 am this morning i took the last of my dip out. At 11:10 am I walked into my bosses office and gave him a darn near new can, went to the grocery store and bought me some gum and lifesavers. (Dern, I forgot how much I like butterrum lifesavers). I am really going to try and give this a real shot this time. I am going to start a quit Dip journel and keep track of my daily torchers.
Pray for me as I think this is going to be one of the worst trips to get to where I need to be. 3 hours in and a life time to go.