Author Topic: Lord Let this be the last Time  (Read 2122 times)

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lord Let this be the last Time
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
Quote from: GerryL
Took me a couple of times of reading to get the warm fuzzies knowing someone loves me. I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS SHIT.
Thanks LOOT and everyone helping me keep it together.
Last activity...Feb 2nd. 6 posts.

Slow down son...yous gonna hurt sumpin.

Again...prayers are nice, but as you've demonstrated (and we all know as fact ourselves) won't/can't keep you clean.

You'd be better served listening to the unselfish examples around you.

It's a simple concept bro.

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
I am really going to try and give this a real shot this time.
LOOT was all in with you ...until right here.

Let's get a couple of things strait.

1. You are an addict. Write it 100 times. Sign your name to it. Put it under your pillow. Understand it's an addiction, not a habit, an addiction that the best you can do is be in "recovery" from.
2. There is no "try". You "tried" 5 other times and you failed miserably. It's OK, you are in good company. LOOT tried a buncha times too. However, "try" is not a word that has any place in your vocabulary. We don't "try"...we don't "give it a shot"...those are chickenshit approaches to a very, very serious situation. No try...only do. DO...AM...WILL...those are empowering words. Those are words you need to use.

So. With that in mind, let's fix your sentence.

"I am really gonna gut punch this muthafucka this time". You try it.

Get your mind right bro. Get mad. Get ready. Get it done.

Post Roll Call everyday and then, be a man of your word.

One last thing....you don't need prayers. They are nice, but not a requirement. You...are ultimately in control of YOU. We can help you. We can show you how. We can support you when you really want to use those chickenshit words again. We can listen when you need to yell. We can comfort when the depression kicks in. But best of all...we can be living, breathing, unselfish examples of how to own an addiction. But it will do you little good if you are unwilling to drink the kool-aid.

Welcome to the site. Congrats on that badass Day 1. Don't ever forget Day 1. You forget...you die.

No pressure.

Shout if you need anything.
'worship'

Loot speaks the truth....

New guy....get in the game....if you want to fight, I'll be your huckleberry....lets do this...
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline GerryL

• Interests: My wife, kids and grandbabies. Sports and the Gr8 outdoors
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
Took me a couple of times of reading to get the warm fuzzies knowing someone loves me. I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS SHIT.
Thanks LOOT and everyone helping me keep it together.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Evil_Won
When Loot gives advice I get a funny feeling in my undies. Know what I mean?
Call out the guards Loot has molested another quitter!
Jealous.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
When Loot gives advice I get a funny feeling in my undies. Know what I mean?
Call out the guards Loot has molested another quitter!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Congrats on posting roll Gerry-me-boy. How many times have you read what Loot posted? I've read it thrice times, and it still isn't enough. That was some authoritative quitting advice that we all should adhere to. When Loot gives advice I get a funny feeling in my undies. Know what I mean? That kind of preaching excites me.

Speaking of exciting
I haven't kissed my wife really good (tounge) for a long time as she says she doesn't like the smell of or the taste of Cope
You got some class my friend. Whether it's the smell or taste of cope that turns her off, or just that you've gotten gross over your 37 years self-destruction, send that lady to the Spouse Section to help her understand what addiction to dip is and she'll better understand how to help.

Glad you're here. I hope you stay.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jbuilder7916

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-10-30
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
Quit is looking good so far!! I see you posted roll yesterday  today.
Health is not everything, but without health, everything else is nothing.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
Quote from: DTrainMurphyTX

1. You are an addict. Write it 100 times. Sign your name to it. Put it under your pillow. Understand it's an addiction, not a habit, an addiction that the best you can do is be in "recovery" from.
2. There is no "try". You "tried" 5 other times and you failed miserably. It's OK, you are in good company. LOOT tried a buncha times too. However, "try" is not a word that has any place in your vocabulary. We don't "try"...we don't "give it a shot"...those are chickenshit approaches to a very, very serious situation. No try...only do. DO...AM...WILL...those are empowering words. Those are words you need to use.

One last thing....you don't need prayers. They are nice, but not a requirement. You...are ultimately in control of YOU. We can help you. We can show you how. We can support you when you really want to use those chickenshit words again. We can listen when you need to yell. We can comfort when the depression kicks in. But best of all...we can be living, breathing, unselfish examples of how to own an addiction. But it will do you little good if you are unwilling to drink the kool-aid.

Welcome to the site. Congrats on that badass Day 1. Don't ever forget Day 1. You forget...you die.

No pressure.

THIS
Welcome GerryL,

Print what Loot said and frame it. It is going to save your life. Find a mirror and read it to yourself until you're either crying, mad and screaming or both.
You can do this, I promise.
Get to work sir GerryL!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline DTrainMurphyTX

• Quitter
  • Fucks Given: 0
  • Quit Date: 11-10-2012
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »

No pressure.

THIS

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
Gerry, like you I've been addicted for 4 decades. However every can was going to be my last and hundreds of attempts to quit. I had numerous 'tries' from days to 3 years but always came slipping back in for that 1 dip that wouldn't hurt. I never really enjoyed the taste that much either but that fucking bitch kept coming back because I am an addict! If your truely ready to quit like the others have said there is no trying about it. 306 days ago when I flushed my last 3 cans of cope I knew I wasn't trying I fucking QUIT!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
welcome best damn decision you have made for your self. now let the suck begin. quit with you today.
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
Hey all,

Ever take a dip and say, " Damn, this tastes like Sh*t"? Seemed to happening more often for me here of late. I just opened this can this morning and it seemed fine but after I got to work and had a cup of coffee, "Damn, this taste like Sh*t" happened again. I have been dipping Cope for 37 years and have tried to quite on 5 other occassions. On 3 occassions I would have thought i was really done. One was right after I started and I took a big swig of what I thought was coke but happened to be my spit can. The second time was when I was thrown in the brig for 45 days without any. But ooohhh no, I had to buy a can as soon as got out. and the third, well my employer offered me a thousand dollars if I quit. I lasted 2 days. This is my 6th time and i am happy I found this site to help me and let me rant if need be. (They said I can rant). I finally came to the realization that I haven't kissed my wife really good (tounge) for a long time as she says she doesn't like the smell of or the taste of Cope. (Really, it just started tasting like Sh*t to me here lately). Anyway, at 10:17 am this morning i took the last of my dip out. At 11:10 am I walked into my bosses office and gave him a darn near new can, went to the grocery store and bought me some gum and lifesavers. (Dern, I forgot how much I like butterrum lifesavers). I am really going to try and give this a real shot this time. I am going to start a quit Dip journel and keep track of my daily torchers.
Pray for me as I think this is going to be one of the worst trips to get to where I need to be. 3 hours in and a life time to go.
Hey man and welcome to the KTC and the time we refer to as the SUCK!! I am happy as hell you made it here. I am concerned already though.......We do not TRY around here!!!.....We DO!! We Dont Need Luck because we have huge fucking QUIT balls!!

Now Grow some Balls and Post Roll and QUIT with us today!! Nothing but brutal truth and honesty on this site. If you need anything at all..... PM me.

Get your mind right and Pledge you have used for the last time!!!
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
" I am really going to try and give this a real shot this time. "

I am really going to quit this time. Is a better mindset for quitting, glad you are here bro.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

No pressure.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
Welcome Gerry. You have come to the right place for some help. We can't quit for you but will support you through all the crap you are about to go through. You should read all you can on this site about quitting, as it will explain and prepare you for the various mental, physical and physiological changes you will experience in the days, weeks and months to come. Sounds like a blast right? But do not fear it...learn from it so you won't be tempted to put that shit in your mouth again. We are here for you. Check your inbox, as I have PM you my telephone number. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne