Author Topic: Thank You Jesus!  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Thank You Jesus!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Great intro. Proud to be quit with you. I love this line:

"I think the difference is this time i'm not trying to quit. I have quit already. I'm done, now it's just a matter of adding the days to my quit number."

I think all of our stories are so similar - I have 4 kids, been dipping for over 22 years, had my first around 5th grade, became a habitual chewer at age 15, and had several quit attempts. One for right around 90 days - my longest ever. I feel just like you, I am not trying to quit I have already quit - I to am done and just adding up the days.

Great to be quit with you.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
Quote from: mtbiker
Hey,
  My name is Mark, and I quit 5 days ago.  I just found this site a few days ago and have been lurking, but wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 41, I've dipped since i was 16 years old.  I quit when I was is basic training in the US Army in 94' and again in 2000 for almost 6 months.  Pretty idiotic to start again after quitting for 6 months, but that's what happens when your out drinking and say, "just one dip won't hurt anything"

My Dad died from brain cancer in 98', he dipped for 30 plus years as well.  I was super close to my dad.

Last Friday night I had a dream about my Dad.  He was standing  in our house, and I walked in and saw him, and hugged him.  It was so real i could smell him, feel him.  I then woke up, and a Voice said to me "Stop chewing or else".  I then sat there crying like a baby thinking about how my Son's would feel if they lost me to cancer and praying to God to take this addiction from me.

I woke up Saturday morning and sat my family down and told them that I'm quitting.  My 10 year old son volunteered to throw all my chew away for me so he did, then he came and hugged me and said he was proud of me for not eating that stuff any more.

So far it's been alot easier then the last time I tried to quit.  I think the difference is this time i'm not trying to quit.  I have quit already.  I'm done, now it's just a matter of adding the days to my quit number. 

Thanks for listening/reading,
Mark
Glad to meet you. We're very similar. I am 41, married 21 years, 3 kids and lost my dad on 6/6/06. It was a car accident.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline ballplayer76

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, football, fishing, and hanging with family and friends.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Good stuff mtbiker. Let's kick this bitch together!!

Offline mtbiker

Thank You Jesus!
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
Hey,
My name is Mark, and I quit 5 days ago. I just found this site a few days ago and have been lurking, but wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 41, I've dipped since i was 16 years old. I quit when I was is basic training in the US Army in 94' and again in 2000 for almost 6 months. Pretty idiotic to start again after quitting for 6 months, but that's what happens when your out drinking and say, "just one dip won't hurt anything"

My Dad died from brain cancer in 98', he dipped for 30 plus years as well. I was super close to my dad.

Last Friday night I had a dream about my Dad. He was standing in our house, and I walked in and saw him, and hugged him. It was so real i could smell him, feel him. I then woke up, and a Voice said to me "Stop chewing or else". I then sat there crying like a baby thinking about how my Son's would feel if they lost me to cancer and praying to God to take this addiction from me.

I woke up Saturday morning and sat my family down and told them that I'm quitting. My 10 year old son volunteered to throw all my chew away for me so he did, then he came and hugged me and said he was proud of me for not eating that stuff any more.

So far it's been alot easier then the last time I tried to quit. I think the difference is this time i'm not trying to quit. I have quit already. I'm done, now it's just a matter of adding the days to my quit number.

Thanks for listening/reading,
Mark
Quit March 24, 2012.