Author Topic: Thank You Jesus!  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Thank You Jesus!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Suck-It
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: mtbiker
Thanks you all for the warm welcome and all the encouragement and advise.  I really do appreciate it and it goes a long way in helping to deal with the cravings and other BS that comes along with quitting.

I hit 7 days today and I gotta say that overall I'm enjoying my new freedom. 

Positives I've already notice so far include:

The $20 bill in my pocket is still there after a week, No more spit cups in the car for my wife and kids to comment on, and the biggest positive is, I'm more comfortable kissing my wife more often now, so we are making out like we are in high school again!
That is GREAT stuff brother!!!

Stay quit and stay focused the weekends are normally tough, so focus on the good new you and say goodbye to that nic-bitch!!!
Great stuff - keep up the good work and always stay on guard. There are more tough times ahead but caving is not an option so you will make it through. Great job, proud to be quit with you.
Mt biker I just read your intro choked me up. So many similarities, I have a 4 yr old grand son that is with me most days and I'm tired of hiding chew from him and I want to see him grow. I'm proud to quit with you. I gained a big needed boost from your story tonight.

Thanks
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
Thanks you all for the warm welcome and all the encouragement and advise.  I really do appreciate it and it goes a long way in helping to deal with the cravings and other BS that comes along with quitting.

The $20 bill in my pocket is still there after a week, No more spit cups in the car for my wife and kids to comment on, and the biggest positive is, I'm more comfortable kissing my wife more often now, so we are making out like we are in high school again!

Stay quit and stay focused the weekends are normally tough, so focus on the good new you and say goodbye to that nic-bitch!!!
Great stuff - keep up the good work and always stay on guard. There are more tough times ahead but caving is not an option so you will make it through. Great job, proud to be quit with you.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Thanks you all for the warm welcome and all the encouragement and advise. I really do appreciate it and it goes a long way in helping to deal with the cravings and other BS that comes along with quitting.

"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline mtbiker

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »
Thanks you all for the warm welcome and all the encouragement and advise. I really do appreciate it and it goes a long way in helping to deal with the cravings and other BS that comes along with quitting.

Quit March 24, 2012.

Offline rubbersidedown

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
...My 10 year old son volunteered to throw all my chew away for me so he did, then he came and hugged me and said he was proud of me for not eating that stuff any more...
Powerful, emotive testimony, Mark. Nothing cuts to the heart quite like the pure soulful words of a child. Memorable, thanks for sharing. Scott
Calling it "role call", because accountability to role models is the path to quiterrificness.

A toxin:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Side_ ... cotine.png
Another toxin: http://amog.com/vices/153514-science-drunk-infographic/

Offline swimmerdave

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, Family, Country,Swimming long distances, paying off debt, gardening
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
MT Biker - stay with this thing - with us.
Having dipped for 30+ yrs - lost a wife to b cancer, a dad to pancreatic cancer - you'd think I would have quit a long time ago.

You are a super stud dad for quitting - My father quit smoking when I was about 16 - I used to tell dad that I would have been 7ft tall and in the NBA - if only had he not smoked. You're kids will talk about your quit to their kids - pretty cool. Legacy of redemption

I've learned not to beat myself up over the chew - we all die when we are to die - not one minute sooner or later - there are quality of life issues though and that is the biggest motive for me to quit. It's kinda of weird getting to know my old self again - pre college - pre serious girl friends etc.

Hang in there - Be the man

Swimmerdave - aiming for St Croix - October 2012

Offline rangy96

• Quitter
  • Interests: not dipping
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Fantastic Intro. Your gonna find tons of people on here just like you. I am a newbie, but the only advice I can give is KEEP READING! The answer lies within.

Stay Quit.

Offline Lochi21

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Those were some powerful emotions you shared with us. I know I'm not alone when I say it gave me the chills.

Trust me though, this has been done countless times by countless people right here on KTC who have ultimately failed.

Creating a powerful moment with your family will not sustain your quit. It's a great step in the right direction but it's definitely not the answer.

Fortunately, you searched out KTC. Right here on this site is your BEST chance for long-term success. Posting daily roll and keeping your word each day will work for you. It's not easy but it's definitely your best chance to be free of this demon.

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
I then sat there crying like a baby thinking about how my Son's would feel if they lost me to cancer and praying to God to take this addiction from me.
Mark, it's really important to me and everyone else who read your introduction that you stay quit. Come here in the morning and post roll. Tell your KTC brothers that you won't dip today, and keep your word. Then tell your sons the same thing...even if they're not listening. Whisper it, if need be.

The road ahead of you is terrible. I won't lie. You're going to be tested. You're going to need balls.

But make no mistake: If you go back to the can, your kids might very well be watching you die a year from now. And you could have prevented it.

Use THAT to shore up your resolve and OWN this.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »
Post roll early every day and keep your word, Mark. It's going to suck at first but all of us have gone through it successfully.
Read everything you can on this site, especially the information on quitting at KillTheCan.org and the Hall of Fame speeches. Knowledge adds power to your Quit.

Remember, your life is worth the fight!!

Offline WAKEBRDN

• Quitter
  • Interests: Knowing Jesus, Loving Family, Running, Cycling
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 05:38:00 AM »
Congrats..welcome to the quit. Read read read the truths on this site will overcome any craving you could ever have. Welcome to freedom. Pm me if you need a number.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

Quit Contract

If you have kids read this.

Offline usmc6048

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:00 AM »
Good on you man! PM me if you need a number or anything. Welcome brother!
QD - 25 Feb 2012

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »
Hey, great story man, you are in fantastic company. Stay close to this site and most importantly, post your word, as a man of his word, every day that you will NOT use nicotine in any form today. Do it tomorrow morning, first thing - it's a sacred promise to all of us, good for 24 hours.

Proud of you, well done my friend!

DennyX

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Welcome aboard brother. Great decision. Great folks here to help. Thing is letting them know when you need it.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Hey,
My name is Mark, and I quit 5 days ago. I just found this site a few days ago and have been lurking, but wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm 41, I've dipped since i was 16 years old. I quit when I was is basic training in the US Army in 94' and again in 2000 for almost 6 months. Pretty idiotic to start again after quitting for 6 months, but that's what happens when your out drinking and say, "just one dip won't hurt anything"

My Dad died from brain cancer in 98', he dipped for 30 plus years as well. I was super close to my dad.

Last Friday night I had a dream about my Dad. He was standing in our house, and I walked in and saw him, and hugged him. It was so real i could smell him, feel him. I then woke up, and a Voice said to me "Stop chewing or else". I then sat there crying like a baby thinking about how my Son's would feel if they lost me to cancer and praying to God to take this addiction from me.

I woke up Saturday morning and sat my family down and told them that I'm quitting. My 10 year old son volunteered to throw all my chew away for me so he did, then he came and hugged me and said he was proud of me for not eating that stuff any more.

So far it's been alot easier then the last time I tried to quit. I think the difference is this time i'm not trying to quit. I have quit already. I'm done, now it's just a matter of adding the days to my quit number.

Thanks for listening/reading,
Mark
Welcome to the best decision you have made for YOU!

PM me if you need some numbers

Post roll every day!!!!
Stay quit!!!!
Repeat daily!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech