Author Topic: Late to the party  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Blackfoot

• Interests: Sports cars, mountain bikes, building shit.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Late to the party
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
Day 1: June 22, 2011

I figure I can stand anything for sixteen hours. After that, I can go to bed  do it again tomorrow.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
NICE.

Welcome to your quit Blackfoot! This is the place to be bro. We'll get this done. Read read read. All that you can bro. Get to know your quit brothers and sisters. They'll be there when shit hits the fan. We'll get through this. One day at a time. That's how we do it. Quit today and worry about tomorrow when its looking at you in the mirror.

Glad to be quit with you.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
sorry I type slow

Good choice Blackfoot

Stay calm and drink lots of water and embrace the suck. It is going to suck for 3 or 4 days and then it will start to improve day by day!

All you have to do is QUIT today--only today!!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
Blackfoot,

this is not a HABIT--You are an ADDICT. Not an ADDICT to dip BUT to NICOTINE---the GUM is a continuation of your addiction and just another way to adminster the drug to the ADDICT. This is a non-nicotine site---It is your choice, but lose the gum and you can post roll and take the journey day by day to freedom with us.

I have gone 63 days without nicotine after 18 years--it was not easy, but we focus on one day at a time and it works. You can do this! What do you say?

LL
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Blackfoot
Gum gone.

Now, I just need to find something to break.
Nice. Break all the sit you want in this room. No more nicotine in your body. PM me for a number if you need to scream.

Offline Blackfoot

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
Gum gone.

Now, I just need to find something to break.

I figure I can stand anything for sixteen hours. After that, I can go to bed  do it again tomorrow.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
You're welcome to keep posting in here, Blackfoot, but we believe in cold turkey quitting. You're addicted to nicotine, so you aren't making progress by continuing to use the drug. Please go to the WELCOME CENTER link above and read about this site and posting roll with your quit group. Once you quit, seek out your quit group and start posting roll. Of course, you could flush the gum today and go join the other badasses in October 2011 group who are quitting today.

I used gum for seven days. The only thing it did was prolong the misery. It will also make you start thinking that since you haven't kicked nicotine, you might as well be dipping again and not putting yourself through this until you're really ready to quit. If you're here, you're ready to quit. Don't delay another second. There is no better decision you could make for yourself today than the decision to no longer be a slave to nicotine.

Offline kneedragger

• Quitter
  • Interests: PianoDrumsMotorcyclingRock & Ice ClimbingPhotography
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Blackfoot - I feel your pain brother. Congratulations on making the decision to kick dips ass. Now you need to decide to kick nicotine's ass. Get rid of the gum, man. All you're doing is drawing it out - embrace the suck and get through the first three days as fast as you can. Nicotine cessation is bullshit. You're just making it harder on yourself.

Besides, I'd love to support you in your quit, but nic replacements are a no-no around here. Ditch the gum and go post roll. Get involved in the site and build a real support system. I promise you it will work 100x time better than that shitty gum.
Quit Date - 3/15/11
HOF Date - 6/22/11

HOF Speech:
Welcome to My Spy Movie

My Life as a Quitter:
Time to Grow a Spine

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
Welcome to your....wait a sec.....

We're no nic substitutes here bro. Cold turkey. Get that shit out of your mouth. You want to quit being a slave to the bitch or continue to be OWNED?

Offline Blackfoot

Late to the party
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
After 32 years of leaf in one form or another - peaking at a can  a half per day - I took my last dip on Tuesday, June 21, 2011.

Like almost everybody, I've known for years that I needed to quit. It's a disgusting habit that I've always found revolting in others, but somehow never seemed to notice when I looked in the mirror. Yes, it'll kill you... yes, you'll lose your tongue  half your jaw... yes, your teeth will fall out. My brain understands this, but it don't mean shit. I'm within spitting distance of 45 years old, but in my mind I'm still 18  bulletproof. I'll never die. Besides, I'll magically quit before anything bad happens - right?

Bullshit. It's time to get off my dead ass  actually do something about it.

The final straw came last week when I had to be driven home from work. Weak as a kitten, sweating like a whore in church and nauseated beyond belief. I passed it off to others as food poisoning, but that was a lie. It was the Copenhagen... You've been there - when you have one too many dips for the day  your body simply rebels against the poison you're forcing into it.

For the past week, I've been a snarling, jittery, constipated mess. My nic-fits simply laugh at the 4mg gum. I'm doing the gum to take the edge off in between the things that really help - fighting, fucking and breaking things.

Somebody please put a boot in my ass if I ever pick up another can.