Author Topic: Today I'm done  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today I'm done
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 07:36:00 PM »
I guess he figures at $32 a can he can poison himself a little longer........... 'Crazy'
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline slings

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-08
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 02:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: slings
I do need a strategy for tomorrow and I'd like your guys help. Playing a poker game with my friends and most of them chew, any tips on how to avoid caving?
Are you a man of your word? If so, putting your name on roll is all you need. (Avoid alcohol too.)
Say no more then, I did post roll and I can't go back on that
"Tell the world what you intend to do, but first show it" - Napoleon Hill

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »
Quote from: slings
I do need a strategy for tomorrow and I'd like your guys help. Playing a poker game with my friends and most of them chew, any tips on how to avoid caving?
Are you a man of your word? If so, putting your name on roll is all you need. (Avoid alcohol too.)
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline slings

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 03:11:00 AM »

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »
Good stuff Slings. Please take it from a 50 year old stubborn ass addict: quit and stay quit while you are a young man. If you don't, before you know it and you will be my age wondering why you didn't do this earlier!

One day at a time, posting roll, get active in your quit group, helo each other out, that is the recipe for KTC success. You CAN do this

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
Welcome to the asylum.....listen the quitters in here, they know what they are talking about. Bottom line no matter what POST ROLL daily and you can't fail as long as you are a man of your word!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »
No habit-addiction! 32.00 a can- no brainner! Ktc, accountability, brotherhood-priceless! Post roll- life saving! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline southgafarmer

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-31
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:17:00 PM »
Slings, it is awesome to hear of yet another "young" quitter here. The sooner we quit, the better.

And at $32 a tin.....you can buy a new vehicle with the savings!

Quit on brother. If you need anything, or just need to vent, feel free to shoot me a PM (I'll even share digits if you want).
"The key is that daily promise. Once it is made, there isn't a trigger big enough to cause me to cave. Provided you are all men of your word, you too will find freedom from this vile shit."-Rkymtnman

"Quitting isn't about what you have accomplished. It's what you are doing right now."-wastepanel HOL

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »
Welcome slings! If you are done, go post roll today! April 2016 quit group. Get to know those guys.

Drink lots of water, exercise, read this site.

Outstanding that you came to your senses so young !

Offline slings

• BANNED
  • Quitter
Today I'm done
« on: January 06, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
Hello friends,

Today is the day I quit this terrible habit. Being a 22 year old student, quitting has been tough. As soon as things got stressful, I immediately jumped to buying a new tin. Also had an aunt die from colon cancer in 2015 and it was an eye opener. I stumbled across this community while looking for strategies on quitting and I couldn't be happier I did.

Living in Canada, tins also cost $32 a pop. Buying one every three days for 4 years...I'll let you do the math. So as of today, I am done with this shit. I'll be posting role bright and early tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to supporting and being supported by others who have gone on this journey.

Cheers,
Slings