Author Topic: Monster  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Monster
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Blueoval
Just joined had my last dip of cope November 2 2014, right after dinner as usual. I was almost a can a day guy dipper for 20 years, a week ago I decided that I have been a slave to this devil for too long and Monday I threw the rest of the can away. I am a journeyman carpenter and working outside 99% of the time I didn't have to sneak away for a dip, actually had to sneak putting the dip in or risk having to hand out 4-5 dips to others. I would throw a chew in first thing in the morning and pretty much have one in the whole day, with the exception of lunch time. I had a special pocket on my pouch, originally for your tape that I did a little mod to and made it into the perfect two tin pouch, cause you never know what if you lost or cracked the first one, what an idiot I was. anyways long story short on my way to work this morning I stumbled across an old tin that must have got lost under the seat of my truck. We stared at each other for what seemed like and hour, I heard it whispering, trying to seduce me back. I must admit for a second or two I thought she was going to win. I went back inside, gave the tin to my wife and told her to flush it before she left, I tell you that look in her eyes when she saw me bring back an almost full tin, she knew I meant to quit this time. From this point on, if anytime I get weak or feel myself start to cave I will remember those tears of happiness in her eyes and if that doesn't work lol I will reluctantly throw in a dip of hooch classic....at least it wont kill me. So my fellow quitters, lets walk this road together, shes a tough one I hear but a wise man once said nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight, I will fight for you if you fight for me and together we will defeat this demon.
When I chewed, I only bought those carpenter pants from Old Navy. They had a pocket that was perfect for your can. My parents....then my wife...never noticed. They thought I just liked that style. I just didn't want to show the ring of my can. I never packed in public, so most people just never knew I chewed. Yet...I had one in every waking hour.

It's sad how long I continued doing something that I was so shameful of.

Be proud you're quit man, and fucking yell it from the rooftops. The first thing you need to do is post roll though. That's the promise to yourself that you won't use nicotine today. That's what we do today, and if you promise us, we'll have your back all day long. No excuses. If you need help posting roll, just let me know.
Get on the roll and get this quit started!
I see you posted this at 2:00 in the morning. You got back on at noon today. Why no post roll. You gonna quit? You gonna go it alone or do you want the support and the tools to make it happen?

'Popcorn'
You post a wall of text, but can't post roll? Are you going to quit, or just write about it?

topic/10685990/97/ is where you post if you decide to join us.
Come on man. Get on this quit island with us. Those who stray lose to the nic bitch. Those who stay crush the nic bitch's crotch with a fucking sledgehammer every God damned day. Posting roll gives you daily immunity from the wiles of the NIC bitch. Get on board or parish.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Just joined had my last dip of cope November 2 2014, right after dinner as usual. I was almost a can a day guy dipper for 20 years, a week ago I decided that I have been a slave to this devil for too long and Monday I threw the rest of the can away. I am a journeyman carpenter and working outside 99% of the time I didn't have to sneak away for a dip, actually had to sneak putting the dip in or risk having to hand out 4-5 dips to others. I would throw a chew in first thing in the morning and pretty much have one in the whole day, with the exception of lunch time. I had a special pocket on my pouch, originally for your tape that I did a little mod to and made it into the perfect two tin pouch, cause you never know what if you lost or cracked the first one, what an idiot I was. anyways long story short on my way to work this morning I stumbled across an old tin that must have got lost under the seat of my truck. We stared at each other for what seemed like and hour, I heard it whispering, trying to seduce me back. I must admit for a second or two I thought she was going to win. I went back inside, gave the tin to my wife and told her to flush it before she left, I tell you that look in her eyes when she saw me bring back an almost full tin, she knew I meant to quit this time. From this point on, if anytime I get weak or feel myself start to cave I will remember those tears of happiness in her eyes and if that doesn't work lol I will reluctantly throw in a dip of hooch classic....at least it wont kill me. So my fellow quitters, lets walk this road together, shes a tough one I hear but a wise man once said nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight, I will fight for you if you fight for me and together we will defeat this demon.
When I chewed, I only bought those carpenter pants from Old Navy. They had a pocket that was perfect for your can. My parents....then my wife...never noticed. They thought I just liked that style. I just didn't want to show the ring of my can. I never packed in public, so most people just never knew I chewed. Yet...I had one in every waking hour.

Be proud you're quit man, and fucking yell it from the rooftops. The first thing you need to do is post roll though. That's the promise to yourself that you won't use nicotine today. That's what we do today, and if you promise us, we'll have your back all day long. No excuses. If you need help posting roll, just let me know.
I see you posted this at 2:00 in the morning. You got back on at noon today. Why no post roll. You gonna quit? You gonna go it alone or do you want the support and the tools to make it happen?

'Popcorn'
You post a wall of text, but can't post roll? Are you going to quit, or just write about it?

topic/10685990/97/ is where you post if you decide to join us.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »

'Popcorn'

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:32:00 AM »
It's great to have you on board! First thing is to post roll call in the February group. The instructions are right on the page and you should be able to figure it out. It is the foundation of this site. You give your quit group your word that you won't use nicotine that day. Then you post the next day and make the same promise, day after day. I chewed for over 20 years as well so I know what you're going through. I'm only on day 19 but it feels so good to not have that shit in your lip and not be a slave to it. Your brain is going to have to be rewired. It's not fun, actually it really sucks, but it's worth it. Main thing is spend some time on this site, get to know some of the members in your group and some of the veterans. If you use this site to its potential, you will succeed. I quit with you today!
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline Blueoval

• Likes Given: 0
Monster
« on: November 06, 2014, 01:24:00 AM »