Author Topic: New kid  (Read 1629 times)

Offline fwbwrestler07

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, camping, backpacking, wilderness survival, snowshoeing, snowboarding, hunting, fishing, sports (except basketball) video games, my dogs and my wife.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New kid
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: man.up
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: fwbwrestler07
This shit sucks. I've gone through a whole bag of seeds a couple gallons of water, my wife is  bugging me and I want to punch something. Wasn't so bad earlier but its definitely starting to suck. Venting on here seems to help the fire in my chest subside a little so that's good. Fuck this is gonna be a long week or so.
Remember this. Etch it in your memory.

If you're serious, this is the only time you will need to go through this.

It will get better. You have no idea how great things will get.
Tell you what dude, tonight is night one for me as well. I'll wake up tomorrow and at some point will post up that I'm still on path. Maintain that shit and lets get through this together.

I wanted to get on this site and ride this ride with others in the same boat. Fuck the world and hit up mad push ups when you get amp'd. I just did some to get the terrorist out of me.

You game?
im game man, never gonna cave, shit sucks cause my office is so damn hot and full of fucktards and i have to deal with them all day 'bang head' ...i want to take a ruler and sharpen an edge and start hacking on these bitches. the fog has set in...i didnt know what everyone else was talking about with the fog but now i do. day 2...here we go
Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive

This isn't a place for thin skinned pussies, children, or nuns. This is a place for bad ass mother fuckin quitters!!!

STAY STRONG, STAY QUIT, STAY ALIVE...

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
hi Mike, Triggers? I'll give it to you like My Mentor gave it to me. LIFE is a FUCKING TRIGGER!!!!! let that sink in, roll that around in your noggin....get it??? dipping/smoking controlled our lives, just like it controls yours. WE are all ADDICTS! Nonone here is a "special" butterfly! WE are all HUMAN!!
Come on in and Quit like Fuck! YOU can do it! If a dumbass hillbilly like me can do it, then you know that YOU CAN TOO.
Use the tools at this site and you'll be quit one day at a time.....forever!!!
This pretty well nails it...your decision now, bro.

EVERY day
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:00 AM »
Quote from: man.up
This shit sucks. I've gone through a whole bag of seeds a couple gallons of water, my wife is  bugging me and I want to punch something. Wasn't so bad earlier but its definitely starting to suck. Venting on here seems to help the fire in my chest subside a little so that's good. Fuck this is gonna be a long week or so.

Tell you what dude, tonight is night one for me as well. I'll wake up tomorrow and at some point will post up that I'm still on path. Maintain that shit and lets get through this together.

I wanted to get on this site and ride this ride with others in the same boat. Fuck the world and hit up mad push ups when you get amp'd. I just did some to get the terrorist out of me.

You game?
Remember, one day at a time, don't think long term, one day at a time is all that is asked of you here. Post roll, get through today. Wake up tomorrow and post roll. Clean Fuel calls this the quickening and is dead on. Understand this, it takes only 72 hours to physically remove nicotine from your system. Other than that, it's a mind game.

Get through today, PM me or anyone else here before you fail to keep your word.

QLAFM

Offline man.up

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »

You game?

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »
This shit sucks. I've gone through a whole bag of seeds a couple gallons of water, my wife is bugging me and I want to punch something. Wasn't so bad earlier but its definitely starting to suck. Venting on here seems to help the fire in my chest subside a little so that's good. Fuck this is gonna be a long week or so.

Offline fwbwrestler07

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, camping, backpacking, wilderness survival, snowshoeing, snowboarding, hunting, fishing, sports (except basketball) video games, my dogs and my wife.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
This shit sucks. I've gone through a whole bag of seeds a couple gallons of water, my wife is bugging me and I want to punch something. Wasn't so bad earlier but its definitely starting to suck. Venting on here seems to help the fire in my chest subside a little so that's good. Fuck this is gonna be a long week or so.

This isn't a place for thin skinned pussies, children, or nuns. This is a place for bad ass mother fuckin quitters!!!

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
hi Mike, Triggers? I'll give it to you like My Mentor gave it to me. LIFE is a FUCKING TRIGGER!!!!! let that sink in, roll that around in your noggin....get it??? dipping/smoking controlled our lives, just like it controls yours. WE are all ADDICTS! Nonone here is a "special" butterfly! WE are all HUMAN!!
Come on in and Quit like Fuck! YOU can do it! If a dumbass hillbilly like me can do it, then you know that YOU CAN TOO.
Ditto on the LIFE is a trigger thing, they come when you arent looking for it just as well as a certain situation or location. Dig deep and hang on through the fog, it will pass if you give it a chance to. Post roll, honor your word and repeat. Discipline yourself in such a way that when you think of caving you think of us as if we were looking you in the eye. Drink plenty of water, flush your system of the nic and use ANYTHING that will help you through this that doesnt contain nicotene. Seeds are a good way, but if you dont like to make a mess, my replacement of choice is slim jim mild, has a similar texture to dip for the tongue to mess with and a good flavor with that little bit of burn like dip. Keep on quittin one day at a time! Glad to have you aboard!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline fwbwrestler07

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
i already went and posted this morning, without any problem surprisingly. so far so good today, havent exploded on anyone yet, havent even really had a craving even while playing video games on lunch. thats a good idea about the seeds, only problem is during the day i have to deal with patients and i cant exactly be spittin seeds everywhere lol but thanks for the advice

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
My name is Mike, and ive dipped for about 8 years off and on. Never really considered myself an "serious" dipper but after seeing how much my gums have receded and how much money is wasted ive decided to quit for good. Ive quit in the past for a few months but then one night im out drinking and i ended up throwing a dip in or smoking a cig or two. The short term really isnt that bad for me, usually about a week and im good, no serious cravings or anything, its just the long term. So im hoping to find a good support community (which i think ive found after all the reading on here ive done) to help me with the long term. a little motivation for quitting also is a new truck after 2 years so thats a plus... Would yall recommend avoiding "triggers"? for instance, pretty much every day for the past year i would run home on my lunch break, throw a dip in and play some video games, or when i play golf i like to have one in, should i avoid these things at first? Thanks for any advice...
fwb

If you are quit you need to go post roll in November 2012. Go to Welcome Center (pink button, top of page) and see how to post roll and read everything on here you can. If you are serious this place will save your life.

As for the triggers, I personally would recommend staying away from them all together. I myself have even laid off the booze quite a bit. I will have a beer or two out by the pool but nothing heavy. As for golf, I don't know, I am a golfer but the rounds I have played since my quit haven't been bad at all. Throw some seeds or gum in and I am usually good. Well if you are serious and need anything PM me.

The formula here is simple: Post Roll , Keep your word, Repeat.
Buddy Mac

Offline fwbwrestler07

• Quitter
New kid
« on: August 01, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
My name is Mike, and ive dipped for about 8 years off and on. Never really considered myself an "serious" dipper but after seeing how much my gums have receded and how much money is wasted ive decided to quit for good. Ive quit in the past for a few months but then one night im out drinking and i ended up throwing a dip in or smoking a cig or two. The short term really isnt that bad for me, usually about a week and im good, no serious cravings or anything, its just the long term. So im hoping to find a good support community (which i think ive found after all the reading on here ive done) to help me with the long term. a little motivation for quitting also is a new truck after 2 years so thats a plus... Would yall recommend avoiding "triggers"? for instance, pretty much every day for the past year i would run home on my lunch break, throw a dip in and play some video games, or when i play golf i like to have one in, should i avoid these things at first? Thanks for any advice...