Author Topic: Let Me Introduce Myself  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Let Me Introduce Myself
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 01:17:00 PM »
The sasquatch in the woods behind my house keeps eating my squash. I hope that isn't you. I'll still quit with you even if it is you.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
Posting Roll and diving in is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. Quitting on my own I always found my way back to the can. Posting daily roll, the pure accountability of this place, it has made all the difference for me. I KNOW for sure if I didnt join my group I'd be back on the can

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
Quote from: DamnSasquatch
Quote from: JB65
Damn, Sasquatch! Yikes! Or should I say Yikes DamnSasquatch!

Sounds like your good and pissed, good and ready to quit. You have your motivation, YOUR LIFE. Too bad it takes something like what happened to you for people to realize they are rolling the dice with the chew ALONE!

Get ready for the long haul is right. Brother, dig in deep. Lets do this together, all 30,000 members strong. Take a look at the intros, HOF speeches, general questions... when you are ready drop into FEB 2018 quit group and introduce yourself, learn how to post roll. Post every day is the key to success here.

You CAN do this, I was just like you 800 + days ago. Ready to kick this thing to the curb?
Yessir! I'll keep chewin' away on this beef jerky. The tough trigger comes soon, 45 minutes in the truck on the way home.
Post roll giving your word of honor that you will not use nicotine today in any way shape or form.

Keep your word!

You can do this.

I am proof.

Offline DamnSasquatch

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-11-14
  • Interests: Gaming, football, music.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 03:16:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65

Sounds like your good and pissed, good and ready to quit. You have your motivation, YOUR LIFE. Too bad it takes something like what happened to you for people to realize they are rolling the dice with the chew ALONE!

Get ready for the long haul is right. Brother, dig in deep. Lets do this together, all 30,000 members strong. Take a look at the intros, HOF speeches, general questions... when you are ready drop into FEB 2018 quit group and introduce yourself, learn how to post roll. Post every day is the key to success here.

You CAN do this, I was just like you 800 + days ago. Ready to kick this thing to the curb?
Yessir! I'll keep chewin' away on this beef jerky. The tough trigger comes soon, 45 minutes in the truck on the way home.
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths men miscall their lives." - Paul Gerhardt

"Little secrets, tremors...turned to quakes...
The smallest oceans still get...big, big waves... " Pearl Jam "Tremor Christ"

"Pencil Shit"

"Frank the Tank"

Offline AZMountaineer

• Quit Date: 2016-08-15
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 11:13:00 AM »
I know how you feel. There were times where if given the choice between dip and food, I chose dip.
it isn't easy, but it is doable.

Keep going!

Offline mike2017a

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-5-2017
  • Interests: Chicago sports, college football and basketball, quitting
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
Way to break the chain! Let's keep working towards our new normal each day.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:55:00 AM »

Offline DamnSasquatch

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-11-14
  • Interests: Gaming, football, music.
Let Me Introduce Myself
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:17:00 AM »
Hey all, my name is Conor. I'll be 39 years old tomorrow, and I've been chained to my can since I was about 20. I finally decided enough is enough, I need to kick this and see how much my overall health improves. The last couple of years I've had a rough go with my health, my chew was about the only thing I didn't give up. I spent most of 2016 chasing treatment for my Ulcerative Colitis, which ultimately ended with me losing my entire colon right before Christmas. I still held on to my can as a crutch, getting myself back into the swing of life with my "new equipment". My breaking point was when I realized my blood sugar is out of control, and my research into it pointed right directly at the chew. So here pushing my sorry ass through the first few days of this, trying like hell to make this my new normal. Thank you to all the brothers here for encouragement, we will all need that for the long haul.
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths men miscall their lives." - Paul Gerhardt

"Little secrets, tremors...turned to quakes...
The smallest oceans still get...big, big waves... " Pearl Jam "Tremor Christ"

"Pencil Shit"

"Frank the Tank"