Author Topic: new guy to the group  (Read 1727 times)

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
Re: new guy to the group
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »
way to go i see you posted roll today! stay quit!

Offline pins_needles

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 05:21:00 AM »
I tried . . . I'm still chew free by 12 days and counting. 12 day and not going back.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

-Yoda

Quit date: Feb 11, 2012

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
Another option is to send a personal message to someone in the May 2012 Quit Group and ask them to post for you...until you get the hang of it.

The key is giving your word and keeping your word each day. Stay strong, stay quit.

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
c'mon post roll now here are the video instructions....

video

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
Quote from: pins_needles
Thanks for the words of support and it looks like if I did my math right, I should be in the May 12 group.

One thing that I can't figure out on my own so far is the roll call. I get the concept and why you do it- just not sure how to respond to one particular post (like the posts with the previous ones in light blue boxes above them). Or if I should post a new topic for the roll call?

In any case, I still haven't chewed a thing except smokey mountain. Glad I'm quitting, but man it sucks.
Don't get overly wrapped up getting the post exactly right. The key is to do it. TODAY. Make that promise.

Go to posting instructions on how to do the post. You may screw it up. You may nail it. Someone will fix any mistake. Just get in there.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline pins_needles

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
Thanks for the words of support and it looks like if I did my math right, I should be in the May 12 group.

One thing that I can't figure out on my own so far is the roll call. I get the concept and why you do it- just not sure how to respond to one particular post (like the posts with the previous ones in light blue boxes above them). Or if I should post a new topic for the roll call?

In any case, I still haven't chewed a thing except smokey mountain. Glad I'm quitting, but man it sucks.

-Yoda

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
Good call on quitting! If you want to stay quit, we do what we can to help (I'm in the may2012 group). You don't need to be computer saavy. trust me, you can not break anything on this site - It has been tested by thousands of foggy-brained nicotine addicts with serious withdrawal symptoms. So don't let your "computer-saaviness" be an excuse. Read syndrom's suggestions (and KTC will provide an interpreter if necessary) then follow them. You'll be glad you did.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Grizz

• Quitter
  • Interests: Watching high school and college wrestling, die hard Denver Broncos fan, fishing, hiking, and playing with my kids.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
Welcome to the site. You can do this Brother. Its all about posting roll and making that promise to yourself and your quit Brothers to be nic free today. PM me if you need anything number anything.

Brandon

Offline porkchopgavin

• Quitter
    • www.GPAembroidery.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
Welcome to the group. I am on day 36 of my quit after 30+ years. Don't give up or cave into it... It does get easier it just takes some time for that shit to get out of your system. It was really cool at about day 20 or so into my quit when I was going through my normal morning routine and realized about 10:30, "Hey, I made it all morning without even thinking of the can or a dip". Hope this happens for you too remember... IT DOES GET EASIER JUST KEEP QUIT.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Welcome Pins. I'm at day 13 now and intend to stay quit one day at a time.
I'll quit with you today. Shout if you need anything...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Great choice, Pins. Something about "Day 9" lead me to this site too. I found it clicking around on the internet at about 3 or 4 in the morning. I didn't sleep too much early on.

I wouldn't say this site made quitting easy...nothing about quitting a 20+ year habit is. But this site made it possible. I had quit tons of times before. Joining this site and posting roll is the ONLY thing I did differently. And it has worked.

So welcome to this site! Post roll and read all you can. You can't change the past, and nobody knows what the future may hold. But you sure as shit can control what you're doing today...and that is all there is to it. One day at a time, brother!

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 711
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
hay man you interduced your self and thats grate. now lets take a nuther step. lets make that promise not to touch nickateen today. i did that all reddy by postin up roll. i made that same promise to 8 diffrint groops afore i came in to the intro seckshun this mornin. thats prolly a cupple hunderd quiterers i promised today. so man your prolly thinkin hay mr syndrome how do i go bout doin this? well i can tell you. you see taht pink 'welcome center' link up top a the page? you click on that and reed up on all those topicks. wont take you more then 10 minits prolly. pay speshul tenshun to the ones what tallk bout why we post up roll and how you go bout doin it. then man you head over here and find taht may 2012 quit groop and post up under the new quiterers part. now man if that aint anuff promise for you you can start clickin on the other groops. and you can post up under the support part for as many as you want. now the ones what dont start out pre-hof man those we call 'below the line' and they just got one seckshun each. you can post up there to.

but man whats all so importint is reachin out to them guys in your may 2012 groop. swap numbers and waht not. cuz thosse guys are gonna be the guys what save your life most like. man you mite evin find vets to swap numbers with. but you gotta ask.

Offline calvin

• Quitter
  • Interests: Jesus, bicycling, firearms.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
Quote from: pins_needles
I'm not that computer savy, but I'm pretty sure this is where I need to say "hi" to the group. My quit date was February 11 and I found this sight on my 9th day of quitting- chew has been the best but always used all kinds. This is the hardest I've tried to quit the chaw in almost 19 years. I've never gone more than a half a day at most. Right now I'm tobacco free for 11 days in about 2 hours (smoke and smokeless)
Right on, hang in there, you can do it!

Offline pins_needles

• Quitter
new guy to the group
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »
I'm not that computer savy, but I'm pretty sure this is where I need to say "hi" to the group. My quit date was February 11 and I found this sight on my 9th day of quitting- chew has been the best but always used all kinds. This is the hardest I've tried to quit the chaw in almost 19 years. I've never gone more than a half a day at most. Right now I'm tobacco free for 11 days in about 2 hours (smoke and smokeless)

-Yoda