Author Topic: The pr0f  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: The pr0f
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Quote from: pr0f
Quote from: Thumblewort
Good stuff - I've already been getting comfortable in the PM area.

Are there any easy mobile apps for this forum architecture? Or do you just rely on mobile template and browser?
I'm old, but some of the young fellers have an app - Kock-o or something.
tap-a-talk?

I'll do some digging around. If I can't find it I shouldn't come back to work!
There are some folks on Kakoa!

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-31
  • Interests: Okinawa Kenpo Karate KobudoMuso Jikiden Eishin Ryu IaiMountain BikingHikingWaxing PhilosophicalStargazingPlaying PercussionStaying close with Christ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort

Are there any easy mobile apps for this forum architecture? Or do you just rely on mobile template and browser?
tap-a-talk?

I'll do some digging around. If I can't find it I shouldn't come back to work!
Good Stuff,

- The Professor

December 14 Quit bushi with RANT
Quote from: mitchy42
Either get COMMITTED or get FUCKED!!
Quote from: visamoht
Just be aware the nic bitch never quits. She's doing push-ups in the parking lot right now.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
  • Interests: Okinawa Kenpo Karate KobudoMuso Jikiden Eishin Ryu IaiMountain BikingHikingWaxing PhilosophicalStargazingPlaying PercussionStaying close with Christ
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:44:00 PM »

Good Stuff,

- The Professor

Just be aware the nic bitch never quits. She's doing push-ups in the parking lot right now.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »
Quote from: landdon
I'm in it to win it.

This is why I asked opinions. Obviously KilltheCan is reminiscent of chew (which is how I ended up here). So I'm glad someone happened to bring up the pipe. I haven't touched any form of nicotine since the 30th so I'm still on track. Thanks for the straight answers.

I do have an odd question though - What if you are away from the computer? Camping trip? International Travel? Etc. Can you post roll for the previous day if it was quite technically (and I mean technically as in truly technically impossible from a technology standpoint) impossible to do so for a given day? I can hardly think of any aside from a whopper of a camping location or possibly a cruise out away from shore - but the question still stands? I guess I'd like to see what sort of absolutes I'm dealing with here. Never say never and all that.

Thanks for the continued dialogue!

Just finished lunch and the Hooch seems to be saving me yet again! Post eating is almost worse than drinking for me!
YOu must get phone numbers of people in your quit group. They will be VERY important to your cave plan. You can call or text them to post roll for you. Very common procedure.
Oh no shit?!

Well that certainly makes things a lot easier!

I assume this is typically done through PM with the people in the group that you see call roll with you daily?

Talk about a simple answer right in front of me.
Yes, PM some folks for their digits - if the weekends are hard to post, that is how you get it done, same as vacations, etc.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
Quote from: landdon
I'm in it to win it.

This is why I asked opinions. Obviously KilltheCan is reminiscent of chew (which is how I ended up here). So I'm glad someone happened to bring up the pipe. I haven't touched any form of nicotine since the 30th so I'm still on track. Thanks for the straight answers.

I do have an odd question though - What if you are away from the computer? Camping trip? International Travel? Etc. Can you post roll for the previous day if it was quite technically (and I mean technically as in truly technically impossible from a technology standpoint) impossible to do so for a given day? I can hardly think of any aside from a whopper of a camping location or possibly a cruise out away from shore - but the question still stands? I guess I'd like to see what sort of absolutes I'm dealing with here. Never say never and all that.

Just finished lunch and the Hooch seems to be saving me yet again! Post eating is almost worse than drinking for me!
YOu must get phone numbers of people in your quit group. They will be VERY important to your cave plan. You can call or text them to post roll for you. Very common procedure.
Oh no shit?!

Well that certainly makes things a lot easier!

I assume this is typically done through PM with the people in the group that you see call roll with you daily?

Talk about a simple answer right in front of me.
Good Stuff,

- The Professor

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
I'm in it to win it.

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm in it to win it.

Good Stuff,

- The Professor

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Quote from: FMBM707
Thanks for the quick intros guys.

I've thrown in my roll call. It'll be tough to do it daily only because I get distracted easily and when I'm not at work (Enterprise Technology) I tend to try to keep away from the computer as much as possible. But I'll roll call week days I'm sure.

The wife is all about the quit - I'll send her that link so we can talk about it tonight.

While I'm not a professor by trade... It's a nickname for various reasons. Ironically enough I DO enjoy a pipe here and there with some really good tobacco. While I don't inhale it, some nicotine is bound to get into my system, so as much as it pains me - I'm not doing it while I quit dip. I may never do it again (I only do it on special occasions anyway so It's not like I'm heating the pipe weekly even).

I'll be hitting up Walmart today - as I'm starting to run low on Hooch. You'd have thought I'd have been clever enough to realize I'd be (fake)dipping twice as much since I'm quitting. I like Hooch - but I've heard good things about the wintergreen they sell at Walmart... Smoky Mountain or something? I'll give it a shot while I wait for more Hooch.

So far - aside from waking at 5am every morning, I'm sleeping well (typically I'll wait till 6 to wake). I'm "going" okay - I happen to like spicy foods so I'm trying to nip that issue in the bud before I have to deal with it. I am spacing out quite a bit, but it's worth it. No headaches yet. So for the most part - I'm quite pleased.

I'm a little curious how some of the folks feel about the pipe smoking now that it's randomly come up? Never again? After 100 days? Play it by ear after 100 days? I do enjoy it but it wouldn't be the end of the world to quit... My garage just wouldn't smell as manly.
Prof- this site is for quitting nicotine addiction. If you smoke a pipe you aren't quitting nicotine. I started off a lot like you. I wasn't a can a day kind of guy, I smoked occasionally but not much but as the years past I started to do it more because that fix just wan't enough anymore- so towards the end of my abuse I was chewing 8-10 hours a day, damn near every day.

Any nicotine is considered a cave.

Quit it now and quit it every day.

If you wake up at 5, go piss and then go post roll. It might just save your life.

I don't say that lightly.
If you are using tobacco of any sort you are not quitting. You are not beating your addiction. So, I'd like to say Welcome, and hope you quit, and I'm quitting with you today, but you're not quit yet. So, I guess you have some more decisions to make.

Also, roll is not something you do when it's convenient or on weekday. You do roll every single day without exception. You have to be in all the way or not at all. That's how it works my friend. I hope you decide to join us, but as of yet you haven't committed.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »

I've thrown in my roll call. It'll be tough to do it daily only because I get distracted easily and when I'm not at work (Enterprise Technology) I tend to try to keep away from the computer as much as possible. But I'll roll call week days I'm sure.

The wife is all about the quit - I'll send her that link so we can talk about it tonight.

While I'm not a professor by trade... It's a nickname for various reasons. Ironically enough I DO enjoy a pipe here and there with some really good tobacco. While I don't inhale it, some nicotine is bound to get into my system, so as much as it pains me - I'm not doing it while I quit dip. I may never do it again (I only do it on special occasions anyway so It's not like I'm heating the pipe weekly even).

I'll be hitting up Walmart today - as I'm starting to run low on Hooch. You'd have thought I'd have been clever enough to realize I'd be (fake)dipping twice as much since I'm quitting. I like Hooch - but I've heard good things about the wintergreen they sell at Walmart... Smoky Mountain or something? I'll give it a shot while I wait for more Hooch.

So far - aside from waking at 5am every morning, I'm sleeping well (typically I'll wait till 6 to wake). I'm "going" okay - I happen to like spicy foods so I'm trying to nip that issue in the bud before I have to deal with it. I am spacing out quite a bit, but it's worth it. No headaches yet. So for the most part - I'm quite pleased.

I'm a little curious how some of the folks feel about the pipe smoking now that it's randomly come up? Never again? After 100 days? Play it by ear after 100 days? I do enjoy it but it wouldn't be the end of the world to quit... My garage just wouldn't smell as manly.
Prof- this site is for quitting nicotine addiction. If you smoke a pipe you aren't quitting nicotine. I started off a lot like you. I wasn't a can a day kind of guy, I smoked occasionally but not much but as the years past I started to do it more because that fix just wan't enough anymore- so towards the end of my abuse I was chewing 8-10 hours a day, damn near every day.

Any nicotine is considered a cave.

Quit it now and quit it every day.

If you wake up at 5, go piss and then go post roll. It might just save your life.

I don't say that lightly.

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »

Good Stuff,

- The Professor

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Welcome Professor,
Sounds like you are on the right track, read, post roll and build a network.
PM me for digits
Charles

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Southpaw32
I had my last dip on Saturday 8/30/14.

I was never a super dipper, so to speak. I'd go through about a tin a week. I'd dip at work when stressed, and when working at home around the house, and naturally when drinking!!

I started with a little Mail Pouch when I started working for my Grandfather's general construction business. Little Levi Garret here and there. Then I quit for a while. Got my hands on my Uncle's wintergreen snuff. He insinuated I could swallow the juices... So after I got done violently puking I didn't touch snuff (wintergreen especially) for years. Kept with the Levi garret for years and then in college I got dumb and picked up smoking and chewing. Quit smoking in my late twenties and kept chewing. Like I mentioned before I never got to a tin or half Tin a day - same with smoking. I was like a pack every 2 weeks. A tin every week or so. I never did both together, I alternated from day to day or week to week.

I've already broken one best practice rule by drinking while trying to quit. I didn't relapse, thank goodness for the herbal dip replacements. I think a lot of my issue is the oral fixation. I've done fasting for health and other reasons and I've been able to not dip (I don't consider it quitting) for weeks on end, but I always end up going back.

I've decided I've had enough. The wife (naturally!) has been wanting me to quit for quite some time. But, as we all know, I had to wait until it was my decision and not hers. She's not crazy about the "fake dip" but realizes it's a tool to greener pastures.

I was really unsure about joining (I've been lurking and reading up for a while - Awesome reviews on the dip alternatives guys!) but figured - ahhhh what the hell, right?!

Nice to be here.

Thanks,

The Professor
Welcome to the show prof!

If your wife hasn't read this she should! Spousal Support
So you're already on day 4 and the nic is out of your system. Now it's all craves and head games. Read the welcome center as well. Lots of good tips for oral nature. I chewed gum, hard candy seeds, whatever as long as it wasn't dip. Post roll in Dec if you haven't done so and continue to do so daily.

I thought professors were more curvy pipe guys.

Offline Southpaw32

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-28
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
I had my last dip on Saturday 8/30/14.

I was never a super dipper, so to speak. I'd go through about a tin a week. I'd dip at work when stressed, and when working at home around the house, and naturally when drinking!!

I started with a little Mail Pouch when I started working for my Grandfather's general construction business. Little Levi Garret here and there. Then I quit for a while. Got my hands on my Uncle's wintergreen snuff. He insinuated I could swallow the juices... So after I got done violently puking I didn't touch snuff (wintergreen especially) for years. Kept with the Levi garret for years and then in college I got dumb and picked up smoking and chewing. Quit smoking in my late twenties and kept chewing. Like I mentioned before I never got to a tin or half Tin a day - same with smoking. I was like a pack every 2 weeks. A tin every week or so. I never did both together, I alternated from day to day or week to week.

I've already broken one best practice rule by drinking while trying to quit. I didn't relapse, thank goodness for the herbal dip replacements. I think a lot of my issue is the oral fixation. I've done fasting for health and other reasons and I've been able to not dip (I don't consider it quitting) for weeks on end, but I always end up going back.

I've decided I've had enough. The wife (naturally!) has been wanting me to quit for quite some time. But, as we all know, I had to wait until it was my decision and not hers. She's not crazy about the "fake dip" but realizes it's a tool to greener pastures.

I was really unsure about joining (I've been lurking and reading up for a while - Awesome reviews on the dip alternatives guys!) but figured - ahhhh what the hell, right?!

Nice to be here.

Thanks,

The Professor
Welcome to the show prof!

If your wife hasn't read this she should! Spousal Support
Dip kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12