Author Topic: The pr0f  (Read 1806 times)

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-31
  • Interests: Okinawa Kenpo Karate KobudoMuso Jikiden Eishin Ryu IaiMountain BikingHikingWaxing PhilosophicalStargazingPlaying PercussionStaying close with Christ
  • Likes Given: 0
The pr0f
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
I had my last dip on Saturday 8/30/14.

I was never a super dipper, so to speak. I'd go through about a tin a week. I'd dip at work when stressed, and when working at home around the house, and naturally when drinking!!

I started with a little Mail Pouch when I started working for my Grandfather's general construction business. Little Levi Garret here and there. Then I quit for a while. Got my hands on my Uncle's wintergreen snuff. He insinuated I could swallow the juices... So after I got done violently puking I didn't touch snuff (wintergreen especially) for years. Kept with the Levi garret for years and then in college I got dumb and picked up smoking and chewing. Quit smoking in my late twenties and kept chewing. Like I mentioned before I never got to a tin or half Tin a day - same with smoking. I was like a pack every 2 weeks. A tin every week or so. I never did both together, I alternated from day to day or week to week.

I've already broken one best practice rule by drinking while trying to quit. I didn't relapse, thank goodness for the herbal dip replacements. I think a lot of my issue is the oral fixation. I've done fasting for health and other reasons and I've been able to not dip (I don't consider it quitting) for weeks on end, but I always end up going back.

I've decided I've had enough. The wife (naturally!) has been wanting me to quit for quite some time. But, as we all know, I had to wait until it was my decision and not hers. She's not crazy about the "fake dip" but realizes it's a tool to greener pastures.

I was really unsure about joining (I've been lurking and reading up for a while - Awesome reviews on the dip alternatives guys!) but figured - ahhhh what the hell, right?!

Nice to be here.

Thanks,

The Professor
Good Stuff,

- The Professor

December 14 Quit bushi with RANT
Quote from: mitchy42
Either get COMMITTED or get FUCKED!!
Quote from: visamoht
Just be aware the nic bitch never quits. She's doing push-ups in the parking lot right now.