Author Topic: KTC Introduction  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: KTC Introduction
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 07:48:00 AM »
Congrats on the big 300. Nice job Rooney! Proud to Quit with you every day.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 12:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls
Looks like you got all your questions answered.
Congrats Brother on 200 days!!!!
I Quit with you today.
Rawls 714
Congrats on 200 days Quit my friend! I've enjoyed getting to know you and glad to be on this journey with you in July 16. Looking forward to celebrating many more mile stones with you Rooney. Proud to Quit with you today!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »
Looks like you got all your questions answered.
Congrats Brother on 200 days!!!!
I Quit with you today.
Rawls 714
I believe.....

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
Congrats on the quit. Although the first couple of days / weeks will suck you can do this as long as you are doing it for you. Keep strong, have some contacts to text call when things get tough. Those temptations are just the nic bitch fighting back. Having a few new friends will be a big boost.

As for the weight gain, I am still taking it off, but I gained 15 pounds. Some of my colleagues used the fake dip to get over the food cravings. I used it for the first 30 days and it helped a lot.

What ever the case stay focused, post daily (it makes a difference!) and grab a few numbers to be able to reach out to.

PM me if you want my phone#.
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 12:22:00 PM »
First of all....Go Wings!

More importantly. The reason for my quite was a huge fight with my wife after she found out I was still dipping. I had to make the decision myself. Although I maintain I quit for to save my marriage I had to know in my heart I was quitting for myself. Quitting for them is a byproduct to quitting for yourself.

As far as weight. I gained some weight during my quit but I'm working harder than ever to get it off now. There are some guys here who have turned into gym rats. Hit the weights and ice harder than ever now and don't let that weight come back.

You got this.

SAM -313
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 11:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Rooney
Hey guys, I probably should have clarified. I had been chewing the gum since March 26th. As of 3 days ago now, I have been cold turkey.
Perfecto!!!!
I noticed you posted day three yesterday. Well done.
But.... Where are you today?
Post roll early.
Also track this intro at bottom right of page. Helps to keep you more active.
I hope you see the lie.
I hope you get mad.
I hope the truth of nicotine will set you free.
I hope you quit for you.
Rawls 517

Edit....OOOOPS. My bad, you posted today....on yesterday's page.
All good.....thats some strong proof of the FOG!
Only way you screw up roll is by not being here.
I Quit with you today! Well done...
I believe.....

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 08:00:00 PM »
Honestly, and I don't know if others will agree with me or not, one cannot be helped until one decides to quit for one self. You quit, everyone benefits. You have to choose for yourself. I have a lot of experience in the quit field. The others are right. You quit for them you build resentment...maybe not intentionally but you do. All the normal things apparently haven't convinced you to quit yet. Money, Cancer, pain, bad breath..... How about this. You are a mans man. Someone that is big, stocky, strong, fights for a living then plays a bit of Hockey. A large portion of your life is being dictated by that small, tiny, inconsequential can. Those small little fibers control you. Imagine you have 100 spitwad size balls of paper surrounding you. Each one has a command on it you have to do. You don't know why you have to do it, but you do. So, now. You are walking in this room clucking like a chicken, eating your boogers, smelling your own farts, yelling at invisible people. Yep. That can controls you. Like it, or not.

I said all that not to piss you off or tell you to bugger off. It is to get you to understand what is going on with your addiction. That is the only reason. We all want to help you. You have no idea how much we do. Helping others with their addiction helps us with our addiction. So, you see. We do it not only for you, for us as well. We WANT to be rid of our addiction and the only way is to help you be rid of yours as well.

Offline Rooney Potato

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-16
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »
Hey guys, I probably should have clarified. I had been chewing the gum since March 26th. As of 3 days ago now, I have been cold turkey.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 08:42:00 PM »
I can only assume that "the gum" means nicotine gum.

We don't do nicotine replacement therapy here. This is a cold turkey system. That may sound difficult and harsh (and it is), but it works. Plain and simple. If you're still feeding your body nicotine, you're not quitting anything; you're just trading means of ingestion. You're not addicted to tobacco. You're addicted to nicotine.

You can't quit for anyone else. This has to be something YOU want to do for YOU. If you're quitting for your wife and kid, you will resent them. It's happened time and time again, and it's a reason (read: excuse) for people to go back to finger banging a can of cancer.

Bottom line: make sure quitting is something you're doing for YOU and make sure that you're quitting cold turkey -- no substitutes (gum, lozenges, whatever has nicotine in it).
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
If you quit for them.. You will have resentment.
I wouldn't chew if my wife begged me!
A lot to learn in here. Read up.
Then the knowledge will help you change.

Big Question..What kind of gum you chewing?
I believe.....

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »
Nicotine doesn't help you do obevthibg, including lose weight. I lost 60 lbs in my 100 days. I'm not alone. Eat clean. No booze. Hit the gym like it owes you money. You know how to lose or maintain weight. Shoving your head full of carcinogen ain't it.

Quit for you dude. Not for anyone else. Because you are ready to be s winner and not look like a douchebag loser to the world. Because you want to be a good example to your kid. Because you want to save a lot of money. Because u want your wife to find you more attractive. FOR YOU.

Time to get your mind in the right place man.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
Sorry, I can't help you much with either.

My wife had disapproved/been pissed/gave up for the past several years. I had stopped using for my wife before. Never stayed quit. This time I want this for me, and me only. The improvement at home is a huge side benefit. If you want it bad enough, I bet you can stay quit. You'll start noticing, and liking the benefits of being quit.

As far as weight - I've gained 9 pounds (87 days quit). It's easier to snack when you don't have dog shit in your mouth. I've finally started working on the weight.

Stay quit.

Offline Rooney Potato

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-16
KTC Introduction
« on: April 17, 2016, 01:50:00 PM »
Hi guys, just wanted to come in here and post a little about myself, and ask for some help from some of you who may have dealt with some issues. I am not the most eloquent writer in the world and I feel like I am going through that first 1-3 day haze so I am going to try and put words together in a coherent matter here.

So for as long as I can remember now, I have been two things: A hockey player and a dipper. These things have always been intertwined for me, so let me start with the hockey part. I have had decent enough skills in hockey, enough to end up going to school to play hockey. Growing up, I was always kind of a chunky kid, like that kid who you would look at and say, "ahh it's just baby fat, he will grow out of it." Showing up to college, I weighed 216 pounds at 6'0 and 17% body fat. Over the course of the year, and starting to dip full time, I was able to drop about 10% body fat and 30 pounds. Which was able to help me turn a game into a career. Using dip, was always the thing that I felt helped me control my appetite and keep me in playing shape, or to reward myself after a tough game or practice, or have one to prepare for the game. I have a wife and a child now who I have hidden my addiction from for almost 8 years now. It has caused far too many arguments, with the last argument over chew causing my wife to threaten to leave with our son. I REFUSE to lose seeing my son grow up over something as stupid as chew.

I have not had a chew since March 26. I had been using the gum since then, until I stumbled onto this website yesterday. I am ALL IN on the quit.

Questions for you guys:

1. I am quitting for my son and wife. But I don't want to resent them. Tips?

2. I always used chew as an appetite suppressant/weight loss tool to prevent constant snacking. Obviously, it's just not as easy as saying, "Just don't eat it"

Thanks for letting me get some stuff off my chest, and thanks for the responses in advance!