Author Topic: New Chapter  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Tool shed

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, rugby, hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Chapter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Thank you for your service young man. Now is the time to serve yourself and get rid of the dip. I am here to help you as are so many others. Post roll every day. Quit with me and I will quit with you.

Shed

Offline iquitchewing

• Quitter
  • Interests: Grandchildren, music, electronics, hand drumming, much more.
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Good! you are quit now, knowing it will suck for the first few days, and you will continue quit through that into greater sanity. 53 years of nicotine addiction admittedly added to my crazyness by riding my back (an always companion) all these years. I'm 68 days quit now and promise you that you can do this and that it is certainly worth the bits of misery that surprised me along the way. Drink liquids, hang around chat or phone calls here read, and of course post a promise everyday. I'm proud to be quit with you today. iquitchewing 68

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Just read your intro again. Stay strong and commit to your quit. PM me if you need anything. I found this site last week and it has already changed my life. Days 3-5 I was in the fog. Last night didn't sleep at all and sweat through my sheets. Right now I want to break something. It pretty much sucks. Welcome to the June Quit Group.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
Your life is gonna suck for a while until your body clears out the poison. Then it's gonna suck for a while until your brain recalibrates itself. Then, and only then, will you enjoy all the true health and emotion that is available in life. I can tell you that freedom is wonderful, and life after nicotine is more enjoyable than you can imagine. I can't, however, wallow in suffering with you. That is a distant, foggy memory, and I intend to keep it that way. But, these guys that posted below me can do that. They can battle with you every day.

I can promise all of you that it will get better. Y'all can remind me why I never want to go back.

That is a true brotherhood. We can all help each other here.

Reach out if I can help you any way.

Offline Cannaday

• Quitter
  • Interests: I used to like all kinds of fun stuff, until work and family took over lol. When I can I like to play golf, fish, hunt, take road trips, watch football and baseball.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Welcome. Excellent choice you are making. We quit one day at a time here, and it works! Wake up each day and post roll, and follow through with your promise. The sense of freedom from.nicotine is amazing when you simply let go. PM me if you need anything.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »
I thank you for your service to this wonderful country. Hang in there. I'm on day 6 quit. Dipped 12 years at a can a day the last few years. Promise yourself to stay quit today and post roll. Nicotine sucks ass. I quitting with you and the rest of KTC today.

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:00:00 AM »
Thanks for your service. You're making the right choice, this stuff sucks your life away, dip by dip. Post roll, keep that integrity and intestinal fortitude.. repeat daily. PM others and get yourself some cell numbers to text during the cravings, it helped me.

Stay Quit!
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Joshzimm86
Discharged from the United States Navy last Monday after 6 years of service. Was a huge dipper during my time in the service. At one time or another I was dipping a tin a day. I became so addicted to it that everything I was doing in life revolved around when I was going to throw in another dip. It has controled my life the last 6 years and Im ready to move on and start a new chapter in life without the military and dip controlling it.

Have not had a dip in two days and quit on March 2nd, 2013. In a bit of a haze and wake up with cold sweats and feel depressed at times. However, each day without a dip I feel better.

Stumbled across this site and looking forward to putting this nasty habit behind me.
Excellent choice and thank you for your service. I also am ex- Navy and very proud of it. Get familiar with the site. Read, read, and read some more. Visit the Welcome Center and post roll in your quit group June. Promise not to use Nic in any form for 24 hours come back the next day and do the same. "Rinse and Repeat". PM me and I'll be happy to give you my number. QLF today with you.
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Joshzimm86

New Chapter
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
Discharged from the United States Navy last Monday after 6 years of service. Was a huge dipper during my time in the service. At one time or another I was dipping a tin a day. I became so addicted to it that everything I was doing in life revolved around when I was going to throw in another dip. It has controled my life the last 6 years and Im ready to move on and start a new chapter in life without the military and dip controlling it.

Have not had a dip in two days and quit on March 2nd, 2013. In a bit of a haze and wake up with cold sweats and feel depressed at times. However, each day without a dip I feel better.

Stumbled across this site and looking forward to putting this nasty habit behind me.