Author Topic: Signed Up and ready to rock; Now What  (Read 3423 times)

Offline skifreak727

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Signed Up and ready to rock; Now What
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Quote from: skifreak727
I'm knew to this site and began my quit today.  However, I do already feel like part of the family.  I was wondering if anyone has had any success with the fake stuff.  Also, is it even worth doing it or should I stay away from it.  If this is an acceptable practice, what brands should I lean towards and what should I stay away from.

Ski
Links to fake sellers: Smokeless Alternatives

Theres also some reviews somewhere around here...
Found it: Fake Reviews
Thanks for the link. Just threw away all the deadly crap and am heading to walmart for some of the good stuff.
Day 1 - Nov. 15, 2011

?I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.?
(Philippians 4:13)

Offline skifreak727

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
I'm knew to this site and began my quit today.  However, I do already feel like part of the family.  I was wondering if anyone has had any success with the fake stuff.  Also, is it even worth doing it or should I stay away from it.  If this is an acceptable practice, what brands should I lean towards and what should I stay away from.

Ski
Put anything you want in your mouth except nic. Anything. :unsure:
Only been here 1/2 a day and how did I know you would take it there. I'm starting to catch on to your ways.
Day 1 - Nov. 15, 2011

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »

Ski

Found it: Fake Reviews
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »

Ski

38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
I'm knew to this site and began my quit today. However, I do already feel like part of the family. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with the fake stuff. Also, is it even worth doing it or should I stay away from it. If this is an acceptable practice, what brands should I lean towards and what should I stay away from.

Ski
Put anything you want in your mouth except nic. Anything. :unsure:

Offline skifreak727

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
I'm knew to this site and began my quit today. However, I do already feel like part of the family. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with the fake stuff. Also, is it even worth doing it or should I stay away from it. If this is an acceptable practice, what brands should I lean towards and what should I stay away from.

Ski
Day 1 - Nov. 15, 2011

Offline skifreak727

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
I have been doing it for 16 years, have two boys (1  3) and DO NOT want them to do it.  To be honest I have no idea what I am up against.  I do want this really really bad, kinda considering it a Christmas gift to me and my wife to help me keep it going.  I do realize that I am addicted to this shit and am ready to give it up.  I always said I would quit when I wanted to and now I do.

Ski
'clap'
Attaboy! Sounds like you realize some important things: 1) Your bad decisions WILL affect your children and your wife. 2) You have been "rolling the dice" for the last 16 years and (I assume) you have thus far escaped irreparable damage. 3) Like many of us you are approaching a time in your life when you realize that you are human and this shit really might kill you! 4)This is not simply a bad habit...you are an addict! 5) It is time to quit...NOT time to TRY to quit, but time to once and for all be done!

Here is some free advice and I am certain that some of your new 10,000 brothers and sisters will soon add more to it:
1) Quitting is easy...simply stop doing it!
2) Quitting SUCKS! the first 72 hours are the worst and if you do it right you never experience it again.
3) There are numerous people here that will bend over backwards to help you ...if you let them.
4) There are thousands of addicts here that will testify that the system here works. And each and every one will talk you off the ledge at 3 am simply for the price of a phone call.
5) Believe in the system and use it "Drink the Kool Aid"
6) Now carry your ass to the February 2012 Hall of Fame group, introduce yourself and post up promising each of us that you will not use any tobacco TODAY.
7) REPEAT TOMORROW.

MOA
Thanks for the help, I KNOW I will succeed with the help of others. My biggest question is what is the best way to get plugged in here to get the personal relationships it will take to succeed?
I lived on the site for the first month or two. God knows what kind of lost work productivity this site is responsible for. Read everything. Get involved. Welcome new members. Reach out to veterans for advice through PMs. Visit live chat and get to know some of the quitters here. Comment on the threads that you are passionate about. Call someone a fag (kind of an inside joke). There is a direct coorelation between involvment and success. Be involved.

MOA
HAHA yeah, I haven't gotten shit done today, probably even going to have to work late because of this place. Oh well, it's worth it.
Day 1 - Nov. 15, 2011

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
I have been doing it for 16 years, have two boys (1  3) and DO NOT want them to do it.  To be honest I have no idea what I am up against.  I do want this really really bad, kinda considering it a Christmas gift to me and my wife to help me keep it going.  I do realize that I am addicted to this shit and am ready to give it up.  I always said I would quit when I wanted to and now I do.

Ski
'clap'
Attaboy! Sounds like you realize some important things: 1) Your bad decisions WILL affect your children and your wife. 2) You have been "rolling the dice" for the last 16 years and (I assume) you have thus far escaped irreparable damage. 3) Like many of us you are approaching a time in your life when you realize that you are human and this shit really might kill you! 4)This is not simply a bad habit...you are an addict! 5) It is time to quit...NOT time to TRY to quit, but time to once and for all be done!

Here is some free advice and I am certain that some of your new 10,000 brothers and sisters will soon add more to it:
2) Quitting SUCKS! the first 72 hours are the worst and if you do it right you never experience it again.
3) There are numerous people here that will bend over backwards to help you ...if you let them.
4) There are thousands of addicts here that will testify that the system here works. And each and every one will talk you off the ledge at 3 am simply for the price of a phone call.
6) Now carry your ass to the February 2012 Hall of Fame group, introduce yourself and post up promising each of us that you will not use any tobacco TODAY.
7) REPEAT TOMORROW.

MOA
Thanks for the help, I KNOW I will succeed with the help of others. My biggest question is what is the best way to get plugged in here to get the personal relationships it will take to succeed?
I lived on the site for the first month or two. God knows what kind of lost work productivity this site is responsible for. Read everything. Get involved. Welcome new members. Reach out to veterans for advice through PMs. Visit live chat and get to know some of the quitters here. Comment on the threads that you are passionate about. Call someone a fag (kind of an inside joke). There is a direct coorelation between involvment and success. Be involved.

MOA

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »

Ski
'clap'

7) REPEAT TOMORROW.

MOA
Start reading your Feb 2012 thread. Introduce your self on the thread. Ask questions. Give input. Also, hit the live chat link on the top right. You will meet a lot of folks. Some damn fine folks if you ask me.

Offline skifreak727

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

Ski
'clap'

7) REPEAT TOMORROW.

MOA
Day 1 - Nov. 15, 2011

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »

Ski
'clap'

7) REPEAT TOMORROW.

MOA
damn good advice. MOA is spot on.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »

Ski
It may be counter intuitive, but the folks that just decide to quit one day are more successful than those that come in here with some well thought out long ass plan of quit. If you are sick of dipping and are willing to go through the "suck" you can do it. We do it everyday. 1 day at a time...
Yeah, definitely no plan here. Just kinda been thinking about it for a while. Wife hasn't really been nagging me or anything just mentioned a couple times over the last couple months. I have always said that when I want to I would do it and succeed. I know that if I don't want to I would never make it. But I do. What really sucks is tomorrow, my 1st full day will be while I am on the road all day visiting job sites which is usually when I dip most. Plus I won't be able to get on here either. I know that if I can make it through tomorrow it will be a huge step.

Ski
It sucks at first but it is worth it. So, so worth it. One day, I just said, I quit. Read my HOF speech, link at the bottom.

Anywho, read a bunch on this site. You will find some folks that kind of quit like you. Gravitate toward them for mentoring. I will be happy to help you any way I can. Most folks on this site will also. You found a good place. Welcome brother. You belong here.

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Ski
'clap'

7) REPEAT TOMORROW.

MOA

Offline skifreak727

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »

Ski
It may be counter intuitive, but the folks that just decide to quit one day are more successful than those that come in here with some well thought out long ass plan of quit. If you are sick of dipping and are willing to go through the "suck" you can do it. We do it everyday. 1 day at a time...
Yeah, definitely no plan here. Just kinda been thinking about it for a while. Wife hasn't really been nagging me or anything just mentioned a couple times over the last couple months. I have always said that when I want to I would do it and succeed. I know that if I don't want to I would never make it. But I do. What really sucks is tomorrow, my 1st full day will be while I am on the road all day visiting job sites which is usually when I dip most. Plus I won't be able to get on here either. I know that if I can make it through tomorrow it will be a huge step.

Ski
Day 1 - Nov. 15, 2011

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

Ski