Author Topic: Tired of "trying" to quit  (Read 2430 times)

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-16
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tired of "trying" to quit
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
I caved on day 89 of my last attempt to quit. I was going through a rough patch and I just didn't care anymore. I have no excuses for what I did to myself  my family. Hopefully I can earn the support back from my brothers here @ KTC. I know I don't deserve it, but I will work to get it back one day at time.
I drink, I dip, I die at the hands of an active addiction. I'll be damned if I'm gonna go out that way. Without saying I'm never doing it again, I'm in for the long haul. It's not an option today. If I die tomorrow, I want my kids to be proud of their dad, and know I didn't intentionally cut my life with them short. That, for me, puts these struggles in context. Not today, and with the grace of God, not ever.- Mattyc

LLL

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »
Quote from: wookie5002
day 4

Alarm goes off @ 6:00 am. I have already been up for 2 hours tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. My mind has been racing. My brain is yelling at me. One side tells me to go buy a can, the other calls me a pussy for even thinking about it. As I am driving to work, I catch myself looking for a c-store. I made it past what seemed like 100 stores on my wasy to work. Why did I do this to myself? I am here, I posted roll, I quit for today.
You're almost over that first hump Wookie, keep strong, everytime you pass one of those stores, give a big middle finger (seriously what i did). You got this, just take one day at a time, start texting all the numbers you have if you're havin problems. If you have no numbers, PM me and i'll give you mine.

STAY QUIT!

Bruce
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
day 4

Alarm goes off @ 6:00 am. I have already been up for 2 hours tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. My mind has been racing. My brain is yelling at me. One side tells me to go buy a can, the other calls me a pussy for even thinking about it. As I am driving to work, I catch myself looking for a c-store. I made it past what seemed like 100 stores on my wasy to work. Why did I do this to myself? I am here, I posted roll, I quit for today.
I drink, I dip, I die at the hands of an active addiction. I'll be damned if I'm gonna go out that way. Without saying I'm never doing it again, I'm in for the long haul. It's not an option today. If I die tomorrow, I want my kids to be proud of their dad, and know I didn't intentionally cut my life with them short. That, for me, puts these struggles in context. Not today, and with the grace of God, not ever.- Mattyc

LLL

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: wookie5002
day 3

Last night sucked. Couldn't sleep. Head hurts. Inside of my lip started burning last night so bad that it woke me up, after I woke up it stopped. Mind games?
Jaw is sore from chewing gum. What did I do to myself? Why did I agree to that first pinch? Fuck you nic bitch!!!
First of all...hell yea, fuck you nic bitch.

Second, remember this suck, and if you ever think about that 'just one', is going through this all over again worth it..
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
day 3

Last night sucked. Couldn't sleep. Head hurts. Inside of my lip started burning last night so bad that it woke me up, after I woke up it stopped. Mind games?
Jaw is sore from chewing gum. What did I do to myself? Why did I agree to that first pinch? Fuck you nic bitch!!!

LLL

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
Good decision on kicking Ms. Niccy to the curb. This site can be helpful. There are no short cuts, but here are some links that will help you navigate this site. Rule number one, this is a no nicotine site, period, end of story.

Biggest thing to do is get acquainted with this site. Highly recommend you go here: WELCOME CENTER

What to Expect When You Quit Dipping

This a a no nicotine site, period, end of story.

We "Post Roll Call" daily ( our promise to ourselves and to our brothers not to use nicotine today- We DO THIS DAILY

This will help you post correctly:How to post roll

Where to post roll call: PRE HOF JUNE 2012

Where to test reply/posting/roll call: SANDBOX

See what the library has: Library

PM if I can help
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »
Glad you're here wookie! You're on the road to regaining control of all things in your power. From this day forward, make a note of just how shitty these first two days are/were. Use this as fuel for your quit down the road. You will NEVER want to re-experience the first days of quit, I can guarantee this.

Good to quit with you man. Hang in there and if you have any questions, concerns, or problems, do not hesitate at all at contact myself or anyone else for that matter.
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline usmc6048

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:00 AM »
Hey bro, thats the shit man! I quit this past Saturday! Let go through this shit togeather, just PM me if you need anything and ill do the same for you. I might have to break a new addiction to sun flower seeds, FML!
QD - 25 Feb 2012

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
I saw that badass day 2 you posted today. Just keep posting roll and keeping your word. Quit five minutes at a time if you need to right now. Better days are ahead, you just have to suck it up and make the decision that nothing will make you give in to nic.

Proud to be quit with you. Yell if you need anything.

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
Tired of "trying" to quit
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Very tired of "trying" to quit. I spent a few days reading on this site before I decided to flush the can. I am now on Day 2. Thanks for the support I have recieved in Live Chat. That seems to be the place to go when I am having some bad cravings. I have used some form of nicotine for the past 15 years. 1-1.5 cans of cope long cut for the last 10 years. I have attempted to quit over 100 times. Never going more than 3 days. Thanks for the support.

wookie5002

LLL