Author Topic: Tired of "trying" to quit  (Read 2429 times)

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-16
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tired of "trying" to quit
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: wookie5002
Day 12 of no nic / day 15 of no alcohol

Still getting occasional craves for nic. I know there are a lot more bad days to come. Alcohol on the other hand has been kicking my ass the past few days. I have spent the last few days angry at everyone and everything. Had a member of the TITANS cave yesterday after posting roll. History says there will be more, but it still pisses me off. To all the half ass posters of the group....do us all a favor and get to quitting TITAN style or get the fuck out!!! I pulled that bullshit on june 12. I now know how fucked up that is. It won't happen again.

Rambling thoughts....
Have you checked out the alcohol thread HERE? There's quite a few quitters that post regularly and can offer some great advice. Check it out man.

Keep up that rage against the half assers, but build them. You see somebody struggling to make roll? Offer to post for them. Save your life by saving their lives.
Strong advice here from Waste Panel. No one can help new quitters get through the tough times better than other new quitters. Wookie, it definitely looks like you are getting after this quit in a way you didn't in the past. Keep grinding.
I have been posting in the alcohol thread everyday that I have been back. Thanks for the support. I will keep grinding.
I drink, I dip, I die at the hands of an active addiction. I'll be damned if I'm gonna go out that way. Without saying I'm never doing it again, I'm in for the long haul. It's not an option today. If I die tomorrow, I want my kids to be proud of their dad, and know I didn't intentionally cut my life with them short. That, for me, puts these struggles in context. Not today, and with the grace of God, not ever.- Mattyc

LLL

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel

Still getting occasional craves for nic. I know there are a lot more bad days to come. Alcohol on the other hand has been kicking my ass the past few days. I have spent the last few days angry at everyone and everything. Had a member of the TITANS cave yesterday after posting roll. History says there will be more, but it still pisses me off. To all the half ass posters of the group....do us all a favor and get to quitting TITAN style or get the fuck out!!! I pulled that bullshit on june 12. I now know how fucked up that is. It won't happen again.

Rambling thoughts....
Have you checked out the alcohol thread HERE? There's quite a few quitters that post regularly and can offer some great advice. Check it out man.

Keep up that rage against the half assers, but build them. You see somebody struggling to make roll? Offer to post for them. Save your life by saving their lives.
Strong advice here from Waste Panel. No one can help new quitters get through the tough times better than other new quitters. Wookie, it definitely looks like you are getting after this quit in a way you didn't in the past. Keep grinding.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »

Rambling thoughts....

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »

Rambling thoughts....
I drink, I dip, I die at the hands of an active addiction. I'll be damned if I'm gonna go out that way. Without saying I'm never doing it again, I'm in for the long haul. It's not an option today. If I die tomorrow, I want my kids to be proud of their dad, and know I didn't intentionally cut my life with them short. That, for me, puts these struggles in context. Not today, and with the grace of God, not ever.- Mattyc

LLL

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
Day 6 of no nic / 9 of no alcohol

No longer battling minute by minute. Seems more like every couple hours I start craving. Cinnamon hard candy has helped me so far.

Why do some people spend more time arguing with someone that could care less about their quit and not support the new guys coming in? I think 5 new guys posted up today. Hardly anything was mentioned to or about them.

Not looking for a bunch of comments....just using this for me to come back to and read my past thoughts.

Thanks to all that posted above and all the pm's showing me a better path.

LLL

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: srans
Quote from: jlud007
not doing a good job of it....but I am trying to answer the questions in oct 14
I posted from day 1 for around 2 weeks. Came back around day 50 for a couple of weeks. On day 89 I went to the store bought my alcohol and a can. Went home made a drink, started a fight with the wife, and took a dip. My wife and I have had our troubles over the years, but recently its been getting better. New baby due in November, Depression symptoms fading, I am on day 5 of no alcohol, and I want this nicotine out of my life.
Some progress there Wookie.

Alcohol has killed many a quit, abstaining for the time being is a good start.

Post roll, every.... single... day. No excuses, you found time everyday to buy a can and dip, so if you truly want to be quit you can find time everyday to post your promise. Then, keep your promise. Lastly, find a way to get involved. Live chat, spreadsheets, get some fellow quitters contact information and embrace the brotherhood aspect. All these guys are here to help, but we can't do it for you. Only you can provide the desire and motivation.

Posting some of this from the Oct '14 thread. Your on the right track Wookie, just remember that no matter what the problem..... nicotine is just one more on top of it... Dip + Problem = 2 problems.

Nicotine has been known to cause depression among a mountain of other health and wellness issues. Keep your promise today, post early tomorrow. Get into Live Chat tonight or today if you can, make some connections.
I've seen people lose jobs, wives, lives and just about everything else, while remaining quit. How bad do you want it? We'll see! Life will keep going and it don't care what day your on.

Everyone on your intro has made it for as long as they have because they decided it didnt matter how bad things got for it don't matter how long. I'm quit and that's it. There is no such thing as cave.

Batter up, you swung an missed. Dont miss again. Life's to short to be lead around by a can.
MAKE IT COUNT THIS TIME WOOKIE!!!! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!
I'm with you too. This site is made up of cavers. Either we caved while using KTC or caved before that on our own. It looks like you are owning your mistakes. But everyday when you post roll remember who you are...an addict...be twice the quitter you were last time. Get in tighter with your quit group, post more often in your intro thread, aid other quitters along the way. If you are serious.....be fucking serious. I quit with you.
Getting to know your brothers and sisters in quit makes your quit more solid. Remember that every word you type is read by other real people, not just cyberspace nonsense. Quitters new and old are all integral parts of the quit strategy; the veterans show the path to walk, the newbies remind the veterans when they were in their shoes and help the veterans open their eyes to new thoughts or ideas.

Keep it up, you are following the path well; post roll daily and keep it up. The milestones with come and go but your life not being in jeopardy is priceless.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
I posted from day 1 for around 2 weeks. Came back around day 50 for a couple of weeks. On day 89 I went to the store bought my alcohol and a can. Went home made a drink, started a fight with the wife, and took a dip. My wife and I have had our troubles over the years, but recently its been getting better. New baby due in November, Depression symptoms fading, I am on day 5 of no alcohol, and I want this nicotine out of my life.

Post roll, every.... single... day. No excuses, you found time everyday to buy a can and dip, so if you truly want to be quit you can find time everyday to post your promise. Then, keep your promise. Lastly, find a way to get involved. Live chat, spreadsheets, get some fellow quitters contact information and embrace the brotherhood aspect. All these guys are here to help, but we can't do it for you. Only you can provide the desire and motivation.

Posting some of this from the Oct '14 thread. Your on the right track Wookie, just remember that no matter what the problem..... nicotine is just one more on top of it... Dip + Problem = 2 problems.

Nicotine has been known to cause depression among a mountain of other health and wellness issues. Keep your promise today, post early tomorrow. Get into Live Chat tonight or today if you can, make some connections.
I've seen people lose jobs, wives, lives and just about everything else, while remaining quit. How bad do you want it? We'll see! Life will keep going and it don't care what day your on.

Everyone on your intro has made it for as long as they have because they decided it didnt matter how bad things got for it don't matter how long. I'm quit and that's it. There is no such thing as cave.

Batter up, you swung an missed. Dont miss again. Life's to short to be lead around by a can.
I'm with you too. This site is made up of cavers. Either we caved while using KTC or caved before that on our own. It looks like you are owning your mistakes. But everyday when you post roll remember who you are...an addict...be twice the quitter you were last time. Get in tighter with your quit group, post more often in your intro thread, aid other quitters along the way. If you are serious.....be fucking serious. I quit with you.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »

NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »

What ^^^^ says + you gotta learn to hate nic for what it is...poison.
Bring your answers....never give up, never surrender, gulp the KTC koolaid if you want to live free...the choice is Yours, period
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »

LLL

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
I caved on day 89 of my last attempt to quit. I was going through a rough patch and I just didn't care anymore. I have no excuses for what I did to myself  my family. Hopefully I can earn the support back from my brothers here @ KTC. I know I don't deserve it, but I will work to get it back one day at time.
What happened?

Why?

What are you going to do different this time?

You owe an answer to these 3 questions for yourself, your old quit group and your new group.

That is the price of readmission. Think long and hard, quitting is the hardest thing you will ever do. Life will continue to happen around you, nicotine does not make it better. The only thing nicotine helps with, is withdrawal from nicotine. Post roll with October '14, lets make it happen Wookie. I caved at day 2 back in May '13, I quit this very day last year and have for 366 days in a row. If I can do this so can you.

Answer the questions, take your lumps from your old group and get to quitting.

PM me and I will support you and give you my number, but you need to take the ball and run with it today.
Oh Gawd! Is anyone ever going to cave and just post the answers to the 3 questions without us having to suck them out of them?! You have a lot more patience than I do Jlud!
This cat obviously didn't want to have to deal with accountability the first go 'round.

Why should we expect him to have the integrity to be proactive now?

Let's hear it...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
I caved on day 89 of my last attempt to quit. I was going through a rough patch and I just didn't care anymore. I have no excuses for what I did to myself  my family. Hopefully I can earn the support back from my brothers here @ KTC. I know I don't deserve it, but I will work to get it back one day at time.
What happened?

Why?

You owe an answer to these 3 questions for yourself, your old quit group and your new group.

That is the price of readmission. Think long and hard, quitting is the hardest thing you will ever do. Life will continue to happen around you, nicotine does not make it better. The only thing nicotine helps with, is withdrawal from nicotine. Post roll with October '14, lets make it happen Wookie. I caved at day 2 back in May '13, I quit this very day last year and have for 366 days in a row. If I can do this so can you.

PM me and I will support you and give you my number, but you need to take the ball and run with it today.
Oh Gawd! Is anyone ever going to cave and just post the answers to the 3 questions without us having to suck them out of them?! You have a lot more patience than I do Jlud!

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
What happened?

Why?