Author Topic: Intro  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Intro
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Great win Corbin! You are correct, she is right on your ass waiting on the slightest slip and bam she's on top of you! But you posted right? Your a man of your word right? Grab your sac, and tell her I'm in charge now bitch and I have help! I love my freedom and I can make it just fine without you! Damn proud to be quit with you today my brother!
Dude, I've never read your intro (until now) and haven't a clue who you are. 1) I would be so F'n pissed if you caved 2) I'm so F'n proud of you that you didn't. See...one simple post and a random guy like me comes by, sees this type of badassery, gives me quit wood, and makes me feel compelled to congratulate you.

We may be strangers, but I know you...and I give a damn. Well done brother!
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
Great win Corbin! You are correct, she is right on your ass waiting on the slightest slip and bam she's on top of you! But you posted right? Your a man of your word right? Grab your sac, and tell her I'm in charge now bitch and I have help! I love my freedom and I can make it just fine without you! Damn proud to be quit with you today my brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 03:02:00 PM »
My OH SHIT Moment
It was Friday, we had a huge job in front of us, if everything went perfect it was going to be a 12 hour day. The guys were already bitching about such a big job on a Friday and all the reasons why we were not going to get done started before we left the shop. We got started and immediately ran into issues. The home owners, both husband and wife, graciously took the day off work to stand over our shoulders and question everything, of course referring multiple times how their cousins friends uncle (or whoever) was a contractor and this is what he said. Needless to say stress level is “code red”, and then it starts to rain. I head to the truck for my raingear and get back to work. I drop some screws in the pocket of my raincoat and hear that old familiar sound “ting” I knew exactly what it was, and after 30 years of addiction, I could tell by the sound it was not empty, a quick shake verified it. OH SHIT!!! I’m around it all day, just part of the construction industry and been perfectly fine with my quit, even to the point of being easy. I managed go hunting, mow the yard, grill, get drunk, and even take a shit without it. However, this was my can, my brand, in my pocket at the absolute wrong time. Out of nowhere the nic bitch started SCREAMING, drowning out any rational thoughts. “Just one, you desire it, today is an exception, calm your nerves, you proved you could quit one won’t hurt, you are not going to get thru the day without it, one chew and you will feel so much better” She hadn’t even knocked on the door in weeks and now she is in my face like a drill sergeant screaming her head off, demanding my cave, and for a moment with my head pounding and blood pressure ready to explode, it seemed like the only option. Finally a bit of logic came back to me, and the thought of having to starting over at Day 1, breaking my promise to the Goons and KTC brothers and sisters, letting myself down. I had visions of being water boarded by the KTC clan, demanding answers to the three questions, and without even looking down at it, I handed the can to one of my guys and asked him to get rid of it now, and make sure I don’t see it again. This was my first OH Shit moment that came from out of nowhere and hit like a freight train. When these guys tell you never let your guard down, LISTEN. When they say the nic bitch is always near, LISTEN. When you think you got this, YOU DON’T!

My question for you is have you had your OH SHIT moment? If so, please share. If not, are you ready for it?

For me, I know I need to get more involved here, because she will be back. Proud to Quit with YOU.

Offline KSO FTZ

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 04:10:00 PM »
Quote from: corbin
After chewing for almost thirty years, it was time to be done. Actually what prompted the quit was the last trip to the dentist and having three cavities along my gum line where the chew usually resided. However, I ended up having a chew shortly after leaving the dentist, face and mouth still numb enough I didn't notice the tobacco drool until it was down the front of my shirt. (not one of my proudest moments) About a month later I found this site and got inspired, set a quit date and made it happen. Day 22 - Still chew free. I am sure it affects everyone differently, but quitting has made me Angry and somehow developed a zero tolerance for stupidity, I am hoping, and my employees are praying, that this will go away soon. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, thanks to whomever posted the you tube video on how to post roll call, because I couldn't figure it out. Next mission, posting from a Droid phone???
My first milestone, one month. 31 days. Accountability is key thanks KLC and Dano. 30 Years dependant seems ignorant now. WTF was I thinking. Quit Strong.
Right behind you with my one monther...Way to go brother. Stay quit. I am looking forward to you HOF speech.

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
This quit is growing roots!
Great start Corbin.

Quit with you today. ODAAT
Rawls,
Crushing every empty can in your honor. (You can't spit in it if it is destroyed) Glad to follow you out of this bullshit lifestyle. Quit with you brother, I am following so do not stray!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »
This quit is growing roots!
Great start Corbin.

Quit with you today. ODAAT
I believe.....

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Kremerica
Welcome, kick back and read as much as possible. Your one bad ass quitter already and once you gain some more momentum you only get better
Yes sir! Be damn proud of everyday you're not putting cancer dirt in your mouth! I damn sure am. Dipped 38 years, I'm 50 life is so much better without dip! I'm have to redo my whole life! Don't know how life was without her telling me can't do this or that without her! What a frigging idiot! Life's so awesome I feel like a new man! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend! All the suck , sweat and tears are worth every damn second!
Pab,
I think we were in the same sinking ship. Proud to be quit with you brother. You are obviously way ahead of me in quit days but I am logging them one at a time. I am damn proud to follow your footsteps out of this fucked up existence of independence. I don't care how bad next week is or the next one thing I have learned KLC is one chew is never ever OK. One chew = one can = one more year. Hell No!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »
One month is bad ass. If you still have anger issues, come here and start raging. Use your brothers and sisters to let that out, save your employees the grief. You want digits to yell at someone, PM and you'll have 'em.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 07:54:00 AM »
Welcome, kick back and read as much as possible. Your one bad ass quitter already and once you gain some more momentum you only get better
Yes sir! Be damn proud of everyday you're not putting cancer dirt in your mouth! I damn sure am. Dipped 38 years, I'm 50 life is so much better without dip! I'm have to redo my whole life! Don't know how life was without her telling me can't do this or that without her! What a frigging idiot! Life's so awesome I feel like a new man! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend! All the suck , sweat and tears are worth every damn second!
Congratulations, no doubt at one month you still have some rough days ahead....but they won't be rougher then the 30 days you are leaving behind. Keep grinding.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Kremerica

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-14
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
My Intro

"My glass is usually half full..... Except when someone pisses in it and tries to pass it off as lemonade" - rtpope 3/19/15

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
After chewing for almost thirty years, it was time to be done. Actually what prompted the quit was the last trip to the dentist and having three cavities along my gum line where the chew usually resided. However, I ended up having a chew shortly after leaving the dentist, face and mouth still numb enough I didn't notice the tobacco drool until it was down the front of my shirt. (not one of my proudest moments) About a month later I found this site and got inspired, set a quit date and made it happen. Day 22 - Still chew free. I am sure it affects everyone differently, but quitting has made me Angry and somehow developed a zero tolerance for stupidity, I am hoping, and my employees are praying, that this will go away soon. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, thanks to whomever posted the you tube video on how to post roll call, because I couldn't figure it out. Next mission, posting from a Droid phone???
My first milestone, one month. 31 days. Accountability is key thanks KLC and Dano. 30 Years dependant seems ignorant now. WTF was I thinking. Quit Strong.

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »
Quote from: danojeno
Welcome to the June Goons, brother. I believe more than a few Goons have had their fuses clipped. That video must be spot on because your roll posts were perfect. With android it's quote, press-n-hold, select all, CUT, and paste in box above. Come back here to update us on your progress. Quit with you today.
Dano, thanks for all the support. You were the first one to welcome me, to direct me to roll call and introduction, as well as droid instructions for roll call. Thank you... Thank you...Quit with you today.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
Welcome to the site KTC saved me , I also tried many times by myself to quit.
This time it's sticking.
Day 11, feeling good , my rages have ended a few days ago. No more fog since day 4 and sleeping through the night since day 6.

Quit with you today.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline JKEdwards

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-22
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Glad you found KTC. Glad you joined the group. Whenever you have the time feel free to join in on the discussions between roll posts.

I'm on day 19. The rage is bad. But that is the best part of KTC. We are all going through the same shit, or have gone through it already. I use KTC to funnel my anger. Just rant to anyone here, call people names or whatever you need to do. I would likely be divorced if I didn't go hulk on KTC people. (Joking, my wife would still keep me, but I WOULD be on the couch).
Quit Date: 03/22/2015
HOF Date: 06/29/2015

"People often say that motivation doesn?t last. Well, neither does bathing ? that?s why we recommend it daily." -Zig Ziglar

My Introduction

My HOF Speech