Author Topic: Intro  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
Why are you angry?
Why did you start chewing?
Why are you quit?
Who are you quitting for?
Is there resentment for others wanting you to stop?
How has chewing helped you?

Its like we have to really understand what being an addict is.
I was angry because I couldn't control it.
Angry because nicotine was stronger than my will.
Angry because I was not educated when I started.
Angry because I didn't understand the consequences of a decision I made as a Child, at the age of 12.
Angry of the reality that it didn't help me ANY. And all was a LIE.
Angry it causes cancer to my family and friends.
Angry young people are using it everyday thinking it will fill a void in there life.
Angry big companies are making money from a drug that's second only to heroin regarding addictiveness.

Addiction (Webster):
Compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful.

Any other Reasons corbin you want to add.... I'm thinking we could go on ALL Day!

NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING ANGRY AT THINGS WORTH BEING ANGRY ABOUT.

Now is time to Forgive, educate, teach, tell the truth, build peoples self esteem, Focus on relationships and not chemicals, Break away from chains, Fight big companies.
Post Rolls, Talk about our anger and Rage on here at KTC, EDD, ODAAT

Quit with you today.
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Welcome to the June Goons, brother. I believe more than a few Goons have had their fuses clipped. That video must be spot on because your roll posts were perfect. With android it's quote, press-n-hold, select all, CUT, and paste in box above. Come back here to update us on your progress. Quit with you today.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
Anger, rage will be with you for a while. It will start to ease up somewhat. Learn to recognize it and walk off before you erupt. It gets so much better, your temper, your attitude everything, you will have a totally different outlook on life! Sounds dumb but the grass will look greener, little things will mean a lot more to you! Embrace the suck it's worth every damn second! Anyone can dip but very few people can defeat the nic bitch! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
After chewing for almost thirty years, it was time to be done. Actually what prompted the quit was the last trip to the dentist and having three cavities along my gum line where the chew usually resided. However, I ended up having a chew shortly after leaving the dentist, face and mouth still numb enough I didn't notice the tobacco drool until it was down the front of my shirt. (not one of my proudest moments) About a month later I found this site and got inspired, set a quit date and made it happen. Day 22 - Still chew free. I am sure it affects everyone differently, but quitting has made me Angry and somehow developed a zero tolerance for stupidity, I am hoping, and my employees are praying, that this will go away soon. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, thanks to whomever posted the you tube video on how to post roll call, because I couldn't figure it out. Next mission, posting from a Droid phone???