Author Topic: Never planned to quit  (Read 1141 times)

Offline AceBoogie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, woods romping, bowling, disc golf, quitting dip, freestyle rapping, basketball, breweries, helping others. I just like to go with the flow. If it sounds fun, I'm game.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Never planned to quit
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
Quote from: forsakenn
Name's Jake. I've been dipping for about 6 years, started when I was 15 to stop smoking, crazy. I've never planned to quit dip, never told myself I'd quit dip, kind of always just imagined myself dipping like normal in the future. Earlier this week at work I just decided to quit on a whim. Can't really remember the reason, just walked to the bathroom and flushed all my dip. Didn't think twice. Next day had a craving that made me freak out from dizziness and lightheadedness. Supervisor thought I was having a panic attack (I'm prone to random panic attacks). Walked to the bathroom, washed my face, gave myself a slap. Moved on.

I guess it'll be nice to bring in my 21st birthday tobacco free. It'd be an insult to my judgement to go back on my choice now.

I'd say I'll try my best, but that just sounds like I doubt myself. I'm done dipping. That's all there is to it.

To anyone else who wants to quit- don't think, don't plan, just stop. :)
Jake,
I am happy to see that you have decided to quit dipping. I started when I was a junior in high school as well. Peer pressure and feeling "badass" was my reason for starting. We all welcome you here to KTC. It is good that you understand that trying and doing are two very different things. Trying allows and embraces failure. Doing does not, and it embraces success.

Welcome,
Ace.

Offline MikeK

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 7/5/16
  • Interests: Farming , Hunting , Fishing
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Never planned to quit
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »
Welcome Jake
I always like to see someone making such a great decision at a young age. It has taken me another 20 years to get where you are today.

This is your Quit group topic/30249720/7/ they are the people that will hit 100 days quit with you HOF or hall of fame. Go there and post your promise to not use nicotine today that means no sigs. chew nicotine replacement therapy basically no nicotine in any shape or form. Post your promise early and every day . Here is a video if you need help posting roll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmDgTPJ6HyM
Drink a lot of water to flush the poison out of your system, and read all that you can on the site it will help you stay quit. If you want it bad enough, nobody can quit for you or make you quit. It is up to you to decide if you really want it and if you are ready to fight for it every day.

MikeK

Offline forsakenn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-06-21
  • Interests: Hiking, Camping, Bushcraft, D&d, beer, games, shows, women, food, beer again
  • Likes Given: 0
Never planned to quit
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:23:00 AM »
Name's Jake. I've been dipping for about 6 years, started when I was 15 to stop smoking, crazy. I've never planned to quit dip, never told myself I'd quit dip, kind of always just imagined myself dipping like normal in the future. Earlier this week at work I just decided to quit on a whim. Can't really remember the reason, just walked to the bathroom and flushed all my dip. Didn't think twice. Next day had a craving that made me freak out from dizziness and lightheadedness. Supervisor thought I was having a panic attack (I'm prone to random panic attacks). Walked to the bathroom, washed my face, gave myself a slap. Moved on.

I guess it'll be nice to bring in my 21st birthday tobacco free. It'd be an insult to my judgement to go back on my choice now.

I'd say I'll try my best, but that just sounds like I doubt myself. I'm done dipping. That's all there is to it.

To anyone else who wants to quit- don't think, don't plan, just stop. :)