Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 1297 times)

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
Conventional thinking is quitting on Friday morning and by Monday you should be done with the physical withdrawal symtoms.

However, conventional wisdom never actually quits in LOOTs estimation.

You need to take advantage of the momentum, grab that sack of your, flush your shit and make a Day 1 roll call NOW!

You'll think of a million reasons not to do it over the next 24 hours.

Plus...what if the dip you take today is the one that eventually kills you. Cancer is black and white...you either got it or you dont. One single dip starts the chain reaction. Is it worth it bro?

Post up...

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Please explain to me why it will be easier on Friday than it will be today.
I would say today would be easier. You can fog it out over the weekend and be better for work on Monday. If you wait till Friday, your 3rd day is on Monday where I am sure there are a ton more triggers waiting for you.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Please explain to me why it will be easier on Friday than it will be today.

Offline quit_aug_27_08

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: not chewingbeing a good dadbeing a good husband
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »
Sean,

smokeyg is asking some good questions. You have one problem - you are not quit. Unless I am missing something, this site is not offering any discounts on quits if you start them on Friday. However, by quitting this instant, this site does guarantee you this:

Quit today and your world will be filled with hundreds of quitters, just like you, ready to help you succeed with your quit. Quit right now and you will be released from your nicotine slavery. Quit in the next second and your body will immediately begin to heal itself from the abuse you have caused by putting cancer shit in your lip.

By quitting now, come Friday, you will be posting up 2 days of quit under your belt, working towards day 3 and being this close to having nicotine cleaned from your system. Doesn't that sound like the shiznit?

Don't wait until Friday. Get your life back right now.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »
Quote from: tarpon68
Well, I would like to finally introduce myself as a time to quit guy. Joined a few times over the last few years. I have finally made the step to honestly quit. I've been scared to face the withdrawls.
THIS FRIDAY IDS THE DAY. I have never made a serious commitment to quit and here I am. I look forward to chatting with you guys in a time of need for inspiration.

Thanks in Advance
Chat with you in a day or so.

Sean
Dearest Not quite time to quit guy,

While I do appreciate your words, your current actions seem to be lacking.

Why wait 'til Friday? What are you scared of? Honestly?

"I have never made a serious commitment to quit and here I am." Just think about that one a sec....

Offline tarpon68

New Quitter
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »
Well, I would like to finally introduce myself as a time to quit guy. Joined a few times over the last few years. I have finally made the step to honestly quit. I've been scared to face the withdrawls.
THIS FRIDAY IDS THE DAY. I have never made a serious commitment to quit and here I am. I look forward to chatting with you guys in a time of need for inspiration.

Thanks in Advance
Chat with you in a day or so.

Sean