Author Topic: shooting the bear  (Read 1191 times)

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: shooting the bear
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 03:41:00 AM »
The more ceremonious you make your quit, the least likely you are to return. Right on, shoot those cans. Just remember when things get bad what it was like to finally rid yourself of such a nasty addiction.
Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:24:00 AM »
The day I quit, I took my can and dumped in the lake at the end of a dock. I can still see those pouches sinking to the bottom, never going in my mouth again. I tossed all my empty cans during the clean-out in the garbage. If I would have brought the 12 gauge out, I prolly would have missed anyway. Last fall I went pheasant hunting and missed exactly 6 roosters in a row inside of an hour. I would have been better off using a slingshot. Nice job on making the decision to quit man. Post roll everyday. Read this link on how to do it if you haven't already: index.php?showtopic=50

Stay quit brother.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
Welcome to the rest of your healthy life- I never went so far as shooting at my cans but I like the symbolism.
If you havenÂ’t yet, go to the Pre- April HoF page (The HoF Pages are under the heading Quit Groups) and introduce yourself to the brothers and post roll call
(your daily promise to yourself and us that you will not use nicotine today)
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline kurtisrunthank92

shooting the bear
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:31:00 AM »
So im new to this site. im a few days in on my quit. i was looking around my room and i found at least 50 old kodiak/grizz cans. i took them all out side hung them like xmas ordemints and blasted the hell outta them with my semi auto 12 gauge. i had a monster craving before that (i ate a steak dinner) and it was lifted off me. I believe this is a great way to have some target practice and shoot that damn bear outta my life. if uve done this or something similiar did u feel the same? 'Remshot'