Author Topic: New Member - 10 days nicotine free  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member - 10 days nicotine free
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
That is f'ing awesome. I joined this site while surfing the net (instead of sleeping) nine days into my quit. I was absolutely determined to quit...which got me through the first 9 days. The guys and the advice on this website and posting roll with my quit group got me to Day 48.

You've gotten great advice already, but read everything on this site. The nic bitch won't let you go easy...physically or psychologically (longest word I've ever typed, I think). Anyway, great choice. Post roll and kick nic's ass one day at a time.

Offline AndruwJacksonTaylor

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, The Andy Griffith Show, Coaching, Exercise, Penn State Football, MLB, NFL
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
Quote from: SC_Redfish
Greetings all, I quit dipping last Monday morning, 10 days ago, after 14 years of that worthless addiction. During those years I made a lot of false promises to myself only to cave a few hours, days, and even months later. It's not going to happen this time.

I have gotten past the jumping out of my skin jitters that fill the first few days and have moved on to random but powerful emotional/psychological cravings. Reading this site, looking at the photos, and embracing the suckage has proven to be an effective countermeasure. Thanks to all of you being a part of this website.

I will not dip today. (Or tomorrow, but I need to get through today first)
Check your inbox
Barney Fife: The last big buy was my mom's and dad's anniversary present.
Andy Taylor: What'd ya get 'em?
Barney Fife: Septic tank.
Andy Taylor: For their anniversary?
Barney Fife: Yeah, They're awfully hard to buy for. Besides, it was something they could use. They were really thrilled. It had two tons of concrete in it. All steel reinforced.
Andy Taylor: You're a fine son, Barn.
Barney Fife: I try.

Offline Cancrusher

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Spurbow
Quote from: brianl
Greetings all, I quit dipping last Monday morning, 10 days ago, after 14 years of that worthless addiction.  During those years I made a lot of false promises to myself only to cave a few hours, days, and even months later.  It's not going to happen this time.

I have gotten past the jumping out of my skin jitters that fill the first few days and have moved on to random but powerful emotional/psychological cravings.  Reading this site, looking at the photos, and embracing the suckage has proven to be an effective countermeasure.  Thanks to all of you being a part of this website.

Congrats!!!
I see that you joined the site on the 20th. Have you joined your quit group yet and began posting roll?
Nice job bro - get you some numbers in case you need them but your quit sounds solid. Great decision. 'archer'
SC_Redfish,

I saw you've posted up. Great decision my new Quit Brother. My advice at 163 days quit, Read Read Read. The material on this site is free amunition to use against those inevitable craves that lay in wait around the corner. You know what to expect. You've been here before. What's going to be different this time? Do you have a solid, kick ass quit plan? If not, I suggest you come up with one with the quickness.

Congrats on your decision and hit me up if you need anything.

CC
My Day 1 | 5/19/2010

PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Offline Spurbow

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting and Grilling
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: brianl
Greetings all, I quit dipping last Monday morning, 10 days ago, after 14 years of that worthless addiction.  During those years I made a lot of false promises to myself only to cave a few hours, days, and even months later.  It's not going to happen this time.

I have gotten past the jumping out of my skin jitters that fill the first few days and have moved on to random but powerful emotional/psychological cravings.  Reading this site, looking at the photos, and embracing the suckage has proven to be an effective countermeasure.  Thanks to all of you being a part of this website.

Congrats!!!
I see that you joined the site on the 20th. Have you joined your quit group yet and began posting roll?
Nice job bro - get you some numbers in case you need them but your quit sounds solid. Great decision. 'archer'
"Silly rabbits, nicotine wasn't filling the void it was creating it." - Skoal Monster

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
Greetings all, I quit dipping last Monday morning, 10 days ago, after 14 years of that worthless addiction. During those years I made a lot of false promises to myself only to cave a few hours, days, and even months later. It's not going to happen this time.

I have gotten past the jumping out of my skin jitters that fill the first few days and have moved on to random but powerful emotional/psychological cravings. Reading this site, looking at the photos, and embracing the suckage has proven to be an effective countermeasure. Thanks to all of you being a part of this website.

Congrats!!!

Offline SC_Redfish

New Member - 10 days nicotine free
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »