Author Topic: It's time  (Read 3979 times)

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Dumbass.

Read your own sig line sometimes buttercup.

And yes...you've proven yourself pretty useless now haven't you?

Ferfucksake

Sheer assdooshery.

Dumbass.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
Damn man, you should be getting close to the one year mark. What the hell happened man?

Why did you cave?

What are you gonna do to keep from caving again?

Your old group is a strong group man..that's a shame.

'Popcorn'
I quit with with you all!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: xrmattaz
I WAS in the April 2011 group, I WAS doing well, then I fucked up.

I'm back now, and I want to succeed, more than anything.
WTF?

Spill.

What's going to keep you from fucking up again?
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

Have you decided to succeed?

Why did you fuck up? Whats different this time? What's your plan?

You been here before - you know the drill.

Don't forget your old group April either. Every story is a learning opportunity.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain bikes, trials/street dirt motorbikes, running, hiking, dogs.
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

"Sounds like someone is looking for an excuse to cave......suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll" Capt Kylos

This is my quit. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My quit is my best friend. It is my life. My quit, without me, is useless. Without my quit, I am useless.......

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain bikes, trials/street dirt motorbikes, running, hiking, dogs.
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
Today, attempting to comprehend splitting off the main group into smaller "sub-groups", and what that will accomplish.

Is a group of 60 a BIG group, too big to manage? How about 80?

At SMART, we have ONE group of thousands of folks, from every fucking country in the world, and we are all accountable to one another, and seem to do fine. We know when so and so doesn't post in some time.

My thoughts this morning, for my post and my own edification, no reason to respond.
Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

"Sounds like someone is looking for an excuse to cave......suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll" Capt Kylos

This is my quit. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My quit is my best friend. It is my life. My quit, without me, is useless. Without my quit, I am useless.......

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
(I figured three cans of Rockstar and a pot of coffee daily may be contributing to my anxiety, but I wanted to check)
check this out grasshoppa

The Caffeine / Nicotine Interaction

If you feel jittery, extra anxious or are having trouble sleeping after a few days, take a look at your caffeine consumption levels. As shown by the below study, nicotine doubles the rate at which the body depletes caffeine and some caffeine users may find that they cannot tolerate caffeine consumption at pre-quitting levels. If you are feeling extra anxious or jittery you may want to experiment with reducing the quantity or strength of caffeinated drinks or products. If you are not having these difficulties it probably is not important to alter anything now.

As previously discussed there is also a nicotine/alcohol interaction. Nicotine is an alkaloid and alcohol an acid generating event within the body. When chewers drink alcohol it causes them to lose nicotine at an accelerated pace thus resulting in heavier chewing while drinking. Although the situation is similar to caffeine there is one huge difference. Alcohol makes you lose nicotine, thus being responsible for making dippers chew more when drinking.

Nicotine on the other hand interferes with the body's ability to absorb and utilize caffeine, often resulting in a person using more caffeine in order to maintain their minimum needed level. When they quit chewing and continue to consume the exact same amount of caffeine they could find themselves actually overdosing on caffeine.

So look closely at caffeine if symptoms persist longer than a few days. You donÂ’t need to get rid of it all together but just keep it in doses that will not cause unwanted effects. Your general state will likely be calmer and youÂ’ll experience a feeling of overall well-being that you should be able to maintain for the rest of your life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The impact of caffeine use on tobacco cessation and withdrawal.
Addictive Behavior 1997 Jan-Feb;22(1): pages 55-68
Swanson JA, Lee JW, Hopp JW, Berk LS.

“Continuous caffeine consumption with chewing cessation has been associated with more than doubled caffeine plasma levels. Such concentrations may be sufficient to produce caffeine toxicity symptoms in chewing abstinence conditions. To test whether caffeine abstinence influences tobacco cessation, 162 caffeine-using nicotine users were enlisted from American Lung Association cessation programs. Volunteers were randomly assigned by clinic to caffeine-use and caffeine-abstinence conditions and measured for 3 weeks post-chewing cessation, at 6 months and one year. Results showed a significant linear increase in caffeine sputum levels across 3 weeks post cessation for those who quit chewing and continued using caffeine. Three weeks after cessation, concentrations reached 203% of baseline for the caffeine user.”
As Always SM is giving you gold right here.

You would be well served to wander over to his intro page and do some reading... that goes for anyone who is reading this.

Tons of GREAT information there...

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
(I figured three cans of Rockstar and a pot of coffee daily may be contributing to my anxiety, but I wanted to check)
check this out grasshoppa

The Caffeine / Nicotine Interaction

If you feel jittery, extra anxious or are having trouble sleeping after a few days, take a look at your caffeine consumption levels. As shown by the below study, nicotine doubles the rate at which the body depletes caffeine and some caffeine users may find that they cannot tolerate caffeine consumption at pre-quitting levels. If you are feeling extra anxious or jittery you may want to experiment with reducing the quantity or strength of caffeinated drinks or products. If you are not having these difficulties it probably is not important to alter anything now.

As previously discussed there is also a nicotine/alcohol interaction. Nicotine is an alkaloid and alcohol an acid generating event within the body. When chewers drink alcohol it causes them to lose nicotine at an accelerated pace thus resulting in heavier chewing while drinking. Although the situation is similar to caffeine there is one huge difference. Alcohol makes you lose nicotine, thus being responsible for making dippers chew more when drinking.

Nicotine on the other hand interferes with the body's ability to absorb and utilize caffeine, often resulting in a person using more caffeine in order to maintain their minimum needed level. When they quit chewing and continue to consume the exact same amount of caffeine they could find themselves actually overdosing on caffeine.

So look closely at caffeine if symptoms persist longer than a few days. You donÂ’t need to get rid of it all together but just keep it in doses that will not cause unwanted effects. Your general state will likely be calmer and youÂ’ll experience a feeling of overall well-being that you should be able to maintain for the rest of your life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The impact of caffeine use on tobacco cessation and withdrawal.
Addictive Behavior 1997 Jan-Feb;22(1): pages 55-68
Swanson JA, Lee JW, Hopp JW, Berk LS.

“Continuous caffeine consumption with chewing cessation has been associated with more than doubled caffeine plasma levels. Such concentrations may be sufficient to produce caffeine toxicity symptoms in chewing abstinence conditions. To test whether caffeine abstinence influences tobacco cessation, 162 caffeine-using nicotine users were enlisted from American Lung Association cessation programs. Volunteers were randomly assigned by clinic to caffeine-use and caffeine-abstinence conditions and measured for 3 weeks post-chewing cessation, at 6 months and one year. Results showed a significant linear increase in caffeine sputum levels across 3 weeks post cessation for those who quit chewing and continued using caffeine. Three weeks after cessation, concentrations reached 203% of baseline for the caffeine user.”
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Hang tough. I had a bad day on day 40. Feel much better on day 41. It seems like this comes and goes. So I guess you and I should expect more bouts. That said, they seem to be getting a little bit easier and certainly less frequent for me.

Stay strong brother.
I will hang tough, Sco.

My daily runs seem to help, and I haven't kilt anyone, yet.

Thank you!
Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
:unsure: Days 13/14 and 15 did indeed have me "on my knees", again.

Near-panic attacks (that I've never had previously), and just a general feeling of angst, which lasted several days.  Felt like I was either going to explode or implode, very "on edge".  Actually put a large rubber band on my wrist, and snapped it hard many times, just to get my feet back on the ground.

If I had a Valium rx, I'd have taken a tablet or nine.

Much mo' betta today (Day 16), so far.
xmatt,

your getting hit with whats known as the two week weakness. Feels like day one again? it'll pass. Watch the caffiene intake!!! If you need to , go talk to your family doc and see if he can give you anything to help the anxiety in the short term. I actually drove myself to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack (panic attack), I think Chewie had the same experience. Nicotine is some bad bad mojo , your body is a mess from it, just breathe and quit one day at a time. YOU CAN DO THIS.

sm
You bet your sweet lily livered ass I can do this, I WILL fucking do this.

Shit, when I quit, I was only doing one can of Copenhagen and twelve or fifteen 4mg. nicotine gums.......like childs play.

This nic bitch can kiss my ass, I will not cave, mark my words.

Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Hang tough. I had a bad day on day 40. Feel much better on day 41. It seems like this comes and goes. So I guess you and I should expect more bouts. That said, they seem to be getting a little bit easier and certainly less frequent for me.

Stay strong brother.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

Near-panic attacks (that I've never had previously), and just a general feeling of angst, which lasted several days. Felt like I was either going to explode or implode, very "on edge". Actually put a large rubber band on my wrist, and snapped it hard many times, just to get my feet back on the ground.

xmatt,

your getting hit with whats known as the two week weakness. Feels like day one again? it'll pass. Watch the caffiene intake!!! If you need to , go talk to your family doc and see if he can give you anything to help the anxiety in the short term. I actually drove myself to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack (panic attack), I think Chewie had the same experience. Nicotine is some bad bad mojo , your body is a mess from it, just breathe and quit one day at a time. YOU CAN DO THIS.

sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »

Near-panic attacks (that I've never had previously), and just a general feeling of angst, which lasted several days. Felt like I was either going to explode or implode, very "on edge". Actually put a large rubber band on my wrist, and snapped it hard many times, just to get my feet back on the ground.

Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
Howdy, Matt here, Preskit AZ.

Copenhagen for 25 years or so, trying to quit for 20 of those, it WILL happen this time, good to find this website!
Nice to be in your quit group.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
:lol: Ok, I told her last night when we went to bed, and she truly was surprised, and naturally just a bit miffed that I hadn't told her days earlier.

She's never been one to harp on me for my dipping, as she always said I'm the "cleanest dipper" she's ever known....always brushing my teeth/rinsing my mouth/chewing gum after a dip, so my mouth was clean post dip. The spit cup in the car during travels always bothered ME more than her, I was truly embarrassed about that one.

So now she's on my anti-nic support team, and knows from my past alcohol and prescription drug addictions/recoveries that I'll do well, as long as I do my homework/footwork/grunt work.

Good to have my best friend on my April team!
;)