Author Topic: Quit  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Quit
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
good start Whit. Bear in mind the people here understand what you are going through, your family does not. The extra motivation from having both your family and a bunch of quitters on your side makes for a stronger quit. However, there are some things each group offers that the other cannot. Your family you know. Strange bunch of addicts on the internet? It turns out we can offer quite a lot in terms of understanding what you are going through, answering questions, and most important absorbing any quit rage or rants -- you don't want your family to be on the receiving end of that and we don't mind since we have been there.
Best quote I have read in awhile, nailed it.

Whit, you sound like a man who honors his word, post roll daily and you got this. I am an undisciplined man, yet this system of posting roll and honoring your word is the only quit method that worked for me, the rest were just methods of stopping.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
Re: Quit
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:18:00 AM »
good start Whit. Bear in mind the people here understand what you are going through, your family does not. The extra motivation from having both your family and a bunch of quitters on your side makes for a stronger quit. However, there are some things each group offers that the other cannot. Your family you know. Strange bunch of addicts on the internet? It turns out we can offer quite a lot in terms of understanding what you are going through, answering questions, and most important absorbing any quit rage or rants -- you don't want your family to be on the receiving end of that and we don't mind since we have been there.

Offline Big_Whit

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-02-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Quit
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:08:00 AM »
I am Brad, I am 36 married(15yrs In March) with 3 kids 1 girl(21 and married) 2 boys (119). I have dipped since I was 13 but started smoking before that. I have stopped multiple time for long periods of time but just kept going back. I am ready to stop. Not for my kids, my wife, or anybody else. I am ready for me but I am using them as motivation, accountability, and purpose. I was told to post roll and promise this group I wouldn't use tobacco, I will do that I need to be apart of something like this, but my promise to my Family is a lot more important than the promise to a group of strangers. I will invest time into this group so hopefully I will become apart of the whole and I understand the advice given from the HOF quitters, but I am quitting for me and my family.