Author Topic: The Fog Has Lifted!  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
Re: The Fog Has Lifted!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Buckfever36
Quote from: globalpeace
I apologize for the late introduction, but as know the first few days of the quit ...........
However 5 days in and I'm feeling a bit more social.   My name is Jeremy and I am a 37 year old married to a sexy lady(who's put up with a lot of shit) and given me two beautiful children. I started dipping/chewing/cigarettes at age 11.  26 years of heavy nicotine addiction.  I dipped all 26 years and smoked and dipped for a few. When I was younger it was premium brands then the more sensible me decided that "it should not cost so much to kill yourself" and went with the cheapest generic on sale. In 26 years I never bought a roll even though it would save money. I always bought one can a day because I might quit after that can and I didn't want to be "committed" to a whole role. 26 years later I have to laugh at myself and the nic bitch deception. Dip became all the time. Ever sleep with dip? I did regularly.  Nicotine is suicide and I've know this for a long time. Smoking killed my father when I was 22.  The cost of the product or the risk to my health, the social embarrassment ?  I'm not sure what the exact motivator is.  I think I'm just tired of being a slave.
   Finding the KTC community will change my life. I had never attempted any kind of forum due to my poor writing and typing skills. Growth is occurring in many ways in my life. Liberating myself from that little can is the most important thing that I can do for myself and my family. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters ahead of time for help  saving my life.   globalpeace
Jeremy,

Welcome aboard! Reading your intro It appears you may have taken a little dip rage out on your wife. First off come on in here and give us the shit don't take it out on family. We've all been where you are and we can take the abuse and we understand why it's happening because we have ALL been there! Stop by chat sometime if you can good place to take your mind off of cravings and dip. Glad your here and if you need anything shoot me a PM.

Buck
Jeremy, welcome to the site. I too started very young with cigs at 10 or 11 and later dip but did manage to pretty much quit when i got married. Unfortunately I started back on cope (when on sale) or cheap dip hot and heavy about 3 or 4 years ago and my marriage was/is at risk. Now that I am on the road to quitting at 20 days, my wife has been very forgiving and supportive. The fog seems to be lifting and I and not obsessed with dip every waking moment. If I can do this you can too. I never did intentionally go to sleep with a big lip turd, but fell asleep several times after a night of heavy drinking. I can remember waking up and packing more dip on top of the old shit. Dumb ass shit I hope i never do again. I have stayed away from drinking since I started the quit so I can keep my resolve. Post often and PM me if you need anything. Quit and Stay quit.

Kent

Offline T-squared

• Quitter
  • Interests: September 18,2008 - Not Serious[b]August 12, 2008 - Quit DateOctober 12, 2008 - Alcohol Free[/b][i]December 26, 2008 - HOFJanuary 19, 2009 - Alcohol 100 Days[/i]Ephesians 4:29-32
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
GP, my story is almost identical. 3 years older. Even have two children as well. I am proud to be tackling this with you.
A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.
Carl Jung

Ephesians 4:29-32

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05 via Remshot

Offline Buckfever36

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Rail Dune Buggys.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:41:00 AM »
Quote from: globalpeace
I apologize for the late introduction, but as know the first few days of the quit ...........
However 5 days in and I'm feeling a bit more social.   My name is Jeremy and I am a 37 year old married to a sexy lady(who's put up with a lot of shit) and given me two beautiful children. I started dipping/chewing/cigarettes at age 11.  26 years of heavy nicotine addiction.  I dipped all 26 years and smoked and dipped for a few. When I was younger it was premium brands then the more sensible me decided that "it should not cost so much to kill yourself" and went with the cheapest generic on sale. In 26 years I never bought a roll even though it would save money. I always bought one can a day because I might quit after that can and I didn't want to be "committed" to a whole role. 26 years later I have to laugh at myself and the nic bitch deception. Dip became all the time. Ever sleep with dip? I did regularly.  Nicotine is suicide and I've know this for a long time. Smoking killed my father when I was 22.  The cost of the product or the risk to my health, the social embarrassment ?  I'm not sure what the exact motivator is.  I think I'm just tired of being a slave.
   Finding the KTC community will change my life. I had never attempted any kind of forum due to my poor writing and typing skills. Growth is occurring in many ways in my life. Liberating myself from that little can is the most important thing that I can do for myself and my family. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters ahead of time for help  saving my life.   globalpeace
Jeremy,

Welcome aboard! Reading your intro It appears you may have taken a little dip rage out on your wife. First off come on in here and give us the shit don't take it out on family. We've all been where you are and we can take the abuse and we understand why it's happening because we have ALL been there! Stop by chat sometime if you can good place to take your mind off of cravings and dip. Glad your here and if you need anything shoot me a PM.

Buck
Quit Date 12/31/2007 (8:00 PM)

Offline quit_aug_27_08

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: not chewingbeing a good dadbeing a good husband
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Great to have you in the December HOF class. You and I sound so much alike (almost identical time of shoving the crap into our mouths, falling asleep with a turd in your mouth, etc. etc.). SUCH DUMB CRAP.

Congratulations on 5 days - look forward to getting to know you through our quit!

Offline globalpeace

• Quitter
The Fog Has Lifted!
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
However 5 days in and I'm feeling a bit more social. My name is Jeremy and I am a 37 year old married to a sexy lady(who's put up with a lot of shit) and given me two beautiful children. I started dipping/chewing/cigarettes at age 11. 26 years of heavy nicotine addiction. I dipped all 26 years and smoked and dipped for a few. When I was younger it was premium brands then the more sensible me decided that "it should not cost so much to kill yourself" and went with the cheapest generic on sale. In 26 years I never bought a roll even though it would save money. I always bought one can a day because I might quit after that can and I didn't want to be "committed" to a whole role. 26 years later I have to laugh at myself and the nic bitch deception. Dip became all the time. Ever sleep with dip? I did regularly. Nicotine is suicide and I've know this for a long time. Smoking killed my father when I was 22. The cost of the product or the risk to my health, the social embarrassment ? I'm not sure what the exact motivator is. I think I'm just tired of being a slave.
Finding the KTC community will change my life. I had never attempted any kind of forum due to my poor writing and typing skills. Growth is occurring in many ways in my life. Liberating myself from that little can is the most important thing that I can do for myself and my family. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters ahead of time for help saving my life. globalpeace
Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi