Author Topic: My last day 1  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Cactus

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My last day 1
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Droptine
i just got my trial pack from Hooch in the mail.... the wintergreen is good and the classic is pretty good. I dont like the spitfire so much though. havent tried the mint or cherry yet. so far i think i like the smokey mountain wintergreen best, followed by Hooch classic.
Hooch is my best friend. I dip 1 can about every 4 days. If it keeps you off the nic, go get some guys!!!

Offline Chernoble

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
Quote from: kb81
Hooch...the stuff is amazing:

www.hoochsnuff.com
Wish they shipped this to Canada. I see they have some in Alberta but none near me.
Always fight, always win! The only unfair fight is the one you lose!

Offline Droptine

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, FIshing, Woodworking, Boatbuilding,
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
i just got my trial pack from Hooch in the mail.... the wintergreen is good and the classic is pretty good. I dont like the spitfire so much though. havent tried the mint or cherry yet. so far i think i like the smokey mountain wintergreen best, followed by Hooch classic.
Sick 'em on a Chicken.....

Offline roastbeef15

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
thanks for the words guys...gotta say so far this is better than i was expecting. I might try some of the other brands but it still gives me a sense of normalcy without the harm, calms me down a bit. Been a little on edge but not too bad really.

Offline Lost

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
One step at a time...
RIP
JNH 08.07.2011
CAW 10.28.2010
TWB 06.26.2003

Fortes Fortuna adiuvat

Offline Droptine

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, FIshing, Woodworking, Boatbuilding,
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
I'm using the Smokey Mnt Wintergreen right now... it's not too bad. you can order trial packs of the different flavors of Smokey Mnt and Hooch for pretty cheap. I eventuall want to kick the habit of "having" to chew anything but for now the fake stuff is helping beat the nic bitch.....
Sick 'em on a Chicken.....

Offline kb81

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
Hooch...the stuff is amazing:

www.hoochsnuff.com
( . )( . )

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: roastbeef15
What's up, day 2 here for me. Going through seeds like it's my job, curious though if anyone's tried Mint Snuff as an alternative. Found a store somewhat close by that carries but was hoping some people could give me some insight into whether it's good or not.
man heres what i'll tell ya and its the onnist to gods truth. i tryed quittin with this stuff way afore i found this here place. and it got me thru the foggy part a quittin. and it packed nice and at the end a the day you can just eat it man. no spittin like i did with some a the erball stuff like smokey mountins eether. so i liked it way better.

but man for me it dint get me past the orel fixashun part. then man i'd go to get me some more mint and they'd be out. and i wanted to put somehtin in my mouth. so i'd shit the bed and cave cause they did have the cope rite there. so man when i joined here i had anuther plan. atomeic fire balls. man over to my intro i pritty much plug those things rite up till almost my HOF day.

but man what werks for me may not werk forr you. and may be the mint stuff werks for you. but what ever you chose no this. you post up. you man up. keep your word. and these guys will help you stay cleen. i'm 600+ days a proof a that.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: roastbeef15
Thanks I think i'm gonna give it a shot, won't hurt to try that's for sure.
the fake stuff is a great alternative, don't be afraid to use it. I use several different kinds. I've also tossed several because they tasted bad to me. Enjoy the suck, keep close to the site. Read everything you can. You can do this.

Welcome to the quit - I quit with roastbeef today.
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline roastbeef15

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
Thanks I think i'm gonna give it a shot, won't hurt to try that's for sure.

Offline Lost

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
Quite honestly... everyone I have tried tastes like shit! But I don't know that I would have made it to day 11 without it!

I think the best one out there is Smokey Mountian Chew, Wintergreen.

It works for some people and not others.
RIP
JNH 08.07.2011
CAW 10.28.2010
TWB 06.26.2003

Fortes Fortuna adiuvat

Offline roastbeef15

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
What's up, day 2 here for me. Going through seeds like it's my job, curious though if anyone's tried Mint Snuff as an alternative. Found a store somewhat close by that carries but was hoping some people could give me some insight into whether it's good or not.

Offline Show

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball may be the single greatest thing we ever came up with as a species. After that....cycling, paddling, pick-up hoops, and reading.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Welcome roastbeef. 230 days later and I still need folks like you and kdip so that I can quit. Have a plan. I cannot emphasize this enough. Know you triggers and decide how you are going to handle them because some situations (eating, driving, yard work) are just unavoidable. Read everything on this site. Some of the best advice I ever got was to pick a quit group and read it beginning to end - look for patterns: who makes it and who doesn't; what can you expect in the first week, second week, third week; answers to questions you didn't even think about; it is all here on this site......Get numbers, support your brothers and accept their support. If you need a number, pm me and it is yours. You can do this. Look around at all the poeple who are doing it everyday on this site. Above all, remember that this is the most important thing you have to do.
Quit date 12/10/09

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Roastbeef, quitting is serious shit!!! This is the BEST DECISION you will ever make!!! I am 693 days quit and I NEVER want to be ruled by Copenhagen ever again!! Your will have good days and bad days!!! Power through this shit and you will be forever glad you gave up nicotine! Life is better without NIC!!! Post up in the November group!!! Life is better without dip, I promise!!!

Offline roastbeef15

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
Thanks guys, just posted my LAST first roll call, ready to beat this shit.