Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1559 times)

Offline iizphilister

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Po Pimping
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:18:00 AM »
Quote from: scott5914
My name is Brent and I am 36 years old. I have been chewing for about 18 years. This past January 1st I decided to quit chewing and post roll with April. I decided that I was being very selfish by shortening my life for a dirty plant as opposed to trying to sustain it with healthy choices for my children. Many say you have to quit for you. I did not quit for me. I am a selfish, low-life piece of garbage alone. Once I had kids, my perspective about my self worth has changed. I have decided I am going to succeed at quitting so I can one day see my childrens' futures. Thanks for all the help so far.
My April Brother!! So glad to be quit with you. Trust me, I felt the same way as far as the kids go. Then these guys help me screw my head on right. This is MY quit. I do it for myself. I work for it. I owe it to myself, and NO ONE is gonna deprive it of me. That's my attitude now. But damn glad to be quit with you. Hit me up if you need anything!
Quit date: 1/1/2013
H.O.F. April 10, 2013
2nd Floor July 19, 2013
3rd Floor Oct 28, 2013
4th Floor Feb 19, 2014
5th Floor May 15, 2014
6th Floor Aug 25, 2014
7th Floor Dec 11, 2014
8th Floor Mar 11, 2015
9th Floor June 16, 2015
Comma Town - 9/27/2015

"If I am not myself...... Who will be me?"
THIS is WHO we ARE!

"It's your choice to cave....I'd rather be shot!"

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
Welcome! Timeless gave some great advice, brother! Quit for yourself. Don't think you were being selfish before by dipping. Be selfish NOW. example: I'm gonna start being selfish because I want to see my grandkids. I'm gonna be selfish and quit even though I'll probably be an asshole to my family the next few weeks and spend 90% of the time raging and apologizing.
Be careful of the the "I was selfish" argument. The nic bitch will be using it against you before long. Example: "come on Scott!! Don't you want to feel ________(relaxed, confident, awake, less edgy, like part of the group, etc) at the next big business meeting? I'll help you focus on your work, and you do want the kiddies to go to college, right? What's a little tobacco if it will help get the raise and pay for Susie's braces?" BE SELFISH! Think the nic bitch won't be there when you have a fight with the Misses? ("see Steve, you're doing this all for her and she doesn't even appreciate it. Why fight it?) BE SELFISH! Little Johnny tells you he's skipping trade school, buying a can of silver spray paint and a tin cup, and hitting the streets as a living statue. What will the nic bitch be whispering in your ear then? It's about you and why YOU want to take off the nicotine leash. Your family will benefit, don't you worry about that. BE SELFISH!

BTW: glad to be quit with you, congrats on over a month clean. could you imagine that two month ago?
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline scott5914

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. Been quit for 35 days and plan on being quit for 36 and so on.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 711
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
My name is Brent and I am 36 years old. I have been chewing for about 18 years. This past January 1st I decided to quit chewing and post roll with April. I decided that I was being very selfish by shortening my life for a dirty plant as opposed to trying to sustain it with healthy choices for my children. Many say you have to quit for you. I did not quit for me. I am a selfish, low-life piece of garbage alone. Once I had kids, my perspective about my self worth has changed. I have decided I am going to succeed at quitting so I can one day see my childrens' futures. Thanks for all the help so far.
man i say you just made it bout you with out evin thinkin bout it. and there aint nuthin rong with it neeether.

Offline Nickald

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Welding, tinkering with old farm equipment
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
Hey Glad you are quit with us in April. Give me a shout if you need anything.
NICK

Offline Timeless117

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: You and only you.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »
Congrats on taking your life back this past January. It's great being quit. I understand that ones kids/wives/dogs/whatever the hell else you want to list here may factor into a reason to help one quit, but ultimately the number 1 reason for wanting to quit or quitting has to come down to yourself. If it's for your kids you may form a resentment and use it against them when returning back to the tin if that should ever happen. And that is not fair to them.
And calling yourself garbage, whats with that? We are all addicts here. But I don't think that makes any less of a person than a non addict.
Keep up the good work Brent. We are all here for a reason. Come to us if you never need us. If one person may not be able to help, than the next person down the line will be able to.
Day 1: 09/12/2011
HOF: 12/20/2011
1 year: 09/11/2012

HOF Speech: Day 100, Just another day in the life of Timeless

Now, like all great plans, my strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Men on Planet Earth

Offline scott5914

• Quitter
Introduction
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »