Author Topic: Today is the day  (Read 1992 times)

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Today is the day
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
Quote from: lwolf19
Hey everybody. My name is Lucas and today is the day that I quit chewing. Before I found this site I had tried quitting about 3-4 times and was unsuccessful. I tried telling family and friends but they simply did not understand it but while reading through this website I find that this is a strong support network and that I needed to join. I have been chewing for about 7 years as I started when I was 15. I'm hoping that I can connect with people on this website who can help me through this. I really need your guys help through this so anything would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to quitting and I am sick of this shit controlling my life. Lets do this!!
Hi Lucas,

I quit with you today and every day!

Push hard thru this weekend and you will be thru the worst of it.

Read everything on the web site http://www.killthecan.org/

Click a featured article, then read the suggested ones at the bottom of that, repeat until your eyes fall out of your head. I did that all day on my second day. It really did affect my mindset and the suck factor went down a lot. ( I started one day before I found this site and was miserable). Once I read what everyone before me went thru it really made the suck factor go down as I knew what to expect and for about how long.

You go this, I quit with my brother wolf

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
hey guys.  Just looking for some advice on a problem I have.  I have two roommates that also chew and when I see them chew it makes me want to have one.  Any advice on what I should do in these situations?
It all boils down to how bad you want this! If this is just a passing fad you'll be back to chewing before the week is out. If you really want to quit you'll do whatever it takes to stay quit. If staying quit means getting a new roommate, then you'll do it. If staying quit means finding different friends you'll do it. I know those two things won't happen, but you get my point.

I first recommend you begin reading everything you can on addiction/nicotine. Knowledge is power. There is a lot of information on this site. There is a lot of lies that you believe right now. A great book to read is Alan Car's the easy way to quit smoking. FYI; smoking and chewing are related, basically the same addiction.

It's time to begin arming yourself with an arsenal of weapons. Knowledge and accountability. Get some phone numbers of people in your group. Get some numbers of quitters that have been quit for a while. This will be your support.

IF you don't hear anything else I've stated pay attention to this.

Wake up early, post roll and keep your word. How important is your word?!?! If nothing else works that should. You replace nicotine with integrity. You replace chewing with dignity.

We can't quit for you. It's up to you my friend. It's within you to not use daily. Are you man or mouse? Quit with you!
Make a picture of Sean Marsee your screensaver. It will be a good reminder for you of the fight you are fighting, and when your friends ask what the picture is you can tell then that he was a victim of nicotine abuse. And that he was younger than you guys are. That chew probably won't taste as good to them after that.

I'm sure your friends are good guys. They aren't good guys because they chew. They are good guys in spite of it. Be proud for you. Pity their weakness. You are doing something they aren't strong enough to do.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
hey guys.  Just looking for some advice on a problem I have.  I have two roommates that also chew and when I see them chew it makes me want to have one.  Any advice on what I should do in these situations?
It all boils down to how bad you want this! If this is just a passing fad you'll be back to chewing before the week is out. If you really want to quit you'll do whatever it takes to stay quit. If staying quit means getting a new roommate, then you'll do it. If staying quit means finding different friends you'll do it. I know those two things won't happen, but you get my point.

I first recommend you begin reading everything you can on addiction/nicotine. Knowledge is power. There is a lot of information on this site. There is a lot of lies that you believe right now. A great book to read is Alan Car's the easy way to quit smoking. FYI; smoking and chewing are related, basically the same addiction.

It's time to begin arming yourself with an arsenal of weapons. Knowledge and accountability. Get some phone numbers of people in your group. Get some numbers of quitters that have been quit for a while. This will be your support.

IF you don't hear anything else I've stated pay attention to this.

Wake up early, post roll and keep your word. How important is your word?!?! If nothing else works that should. You replace nicotine with integrity. You replace chewing with dignity.

We can't quit for you. It's up to you my friend. It's within you to not use daily. Are you man or mouse? Quit with you!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline MIKEB430

• Interests: Drag Racing, Working on cars, Fishing, and Movies
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
I hear you there trust me. Plenty of my friends at school dip around me knowing I quit. I just tell myself they're on their way to mouth cancer and I'm on my way to seeing my grand kids someday! If anything throw a mint or some seeds in and try your best to ignore it.
Race hard and do it without nicotine!

Offline lwolf19

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
hey guys. Just looking for some advice on a problem I have. I have two roommates that also chew and when I see them chew it makes me want to have one. Any advice on what I should do in these situations?

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Good to see another slave taking his freedom back from the poison!
Welcome.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
Wolf, I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Zam is wise...read all you can...drink the kool aid...ask questions to the vets...and mostly have some balls...it takes those to be a quitter..
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
....  I'm looking forward to   quitting and I am sick that of this shit controlling controlled 7 years of my life.  Lets do this!!
I took the liberty of editing your comments a bit. Congrats on taking off the leash brother. Keep reading. Keep asking questions. Keep close to KTC. Keep your word.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Emulator
lwolf19, get prepared for the nicotine withdrawal. Being prepared for the first few days is an essential part of quitting. Make it through day one first. and only concern yourself with one day at a time, ODAAT. The site is here for you if you get craves try to go to chat or text someone. PM for #'s if needed. Drink water and exercise... You got this. I am proud to quit with you today..... Robbie
lwolf19- Day 1- Today is the day!_______ GREAT JOB !!!! YOU GOT THIS...
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
lwolf19, get prepared for the nicotine withdrawal. Being prepared for the first few days is an essential part of quitting. Make it through day one first. and only concern yourself with one day at a time, ODAAT. The site is here for you if you get craves try to go to chat or text someone. PM for #'s if needed. Drink water and exercise... You got this. I am proud to quit with you today..... Robbie
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Great choice, Wolf. Go to the Welcome Center and start reading. Learn how and why we post roll...and do it. You have taken the first step...let us help you with the rest. Post Roll every damn day and KEEP YOUR WORD.

YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS!!!

Offline lwolf19

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Hey everybody. My name is Lucas and today is the day that I quit chewing. Before I found this site I had tried quitting about 3-4 times and was unsuccessful. I tried telling family and friends but they simply did not understand it but while reading through this website I find that this is a strong support network and that I needed to join. I have been chewing for about 7 years as I started when I was 15. I'm hoping that I can connect with people on this website who can help me through this. I really need your guys help through this so anything would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to quitting and I am sick of this shit controlling my life. Lets do this!!

Offline lwolf19

• Quitter
Today is the day
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »