Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4810 times)

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1533
Re: Introduction
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »
Quote from: PhuctUp
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: PMILS
Quote from: ChickDip
Mikey,
Congrats on 300 days quit!
Congrats buddy, see you tomorrow for 301. Proud to be quit with you!
Congrats the 3rd floor man!
Congrats, dude. And thanks for using your lofty status to look after us young'uns. It's really appreciated.
Miker,
Great job brother. Looking forward to drinks in October
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-28
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
Quote from: tjschu
Mikey,
Congrats, dude. And thanks for using your lofty status to look after us young'uns. It's really appreciated.

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 08:32:00 PM »
Mikey,

Offline PMILS

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • September 16 STD
  • Quit Date: 14Jun16
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
Mikey,
ENJOY YOUR QUIT TODAY!!

Intro

HOF Speech

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 02:15:00 AM »
Mikey,
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »
Congrats on the 2nd floor. View is getting nice.
Stay in the trenches...you are legit!
Congrats on reaching the second floor!!!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2017, 02:22:00 PM »
Congrats on the 2nd floor. View is getting nice.
Stay in the trenches...you are legit!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Walkerm

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
High five bro! Congrats! You're the winner! You, man, you.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
Quote from: miker0351
Day 16, feeling clean...close enough to a rhyme. I may make a quit song like the 12 days of Christmas when I have some time. Today has been a little tougher than the last couple not quite sure why. Oh well, not tougher than my desire to stay quit. Pressing on and keeping firm in my commitment. 'na na'
There will be ups and downs for a while. Stick with it and there will be a lot more ups!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 02:13:00 PM »
Day 16, feeling clean...close enough to a rhyme. I may make a quit song like the 12 days of Christmas when I have some time. Today has been a little tougher than the last couple not quite sure why. Oh well, not tougher than my desire to stay quit. Pressing on and keeping firm in my commitment. 'na na'

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 08:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Wow, been a hectic couple of days and haven't had a lot of time for posting to myself (been hitting that roll call though, that sucker's important). I needed the psychological "win" of making it past double digit days. Boy does it feel better to know that I've made it almost 2 weeks with this ugly girl in the rear view instead of in my pocket. It's definitely easier to say no (still have to say it though), and I'm super grateful for the encouragement (even if some of it is in the form of "don't be a pussy") as I keep on this journey. I'm writing to make sure that I have a reminder for myself how awful it is to get through this and how much better I feel now 12 days quit. I know that at some point I'll likely lie to myself with "it wasn't so bad, just grab a pinch to get through this bad day and you'll still be quit" and I want to make sure I have something to point myself towards. HEY! IDIOT (If you're thinking about going back)! It is that bad and you know damn well that even if the "1 pinch" lie was true, you can't do just "1 pinch". Stay honest, stay quit.
I like that you are offering encouragement to other new quitters. I found that quitting was so wonderful I had to try and help others see the light. Good job man!
Nice work Miker. Almost a year later and I like reading new quit stories. The good the bad and the ugly. Helps me remember and helps make my quit stronger. Thanks for help making my
quit stronger.

JGlav 354

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 01:56:00 PM »
Wow, been a hectic couple of days and haven't had a lot of time for posting to myself (been hitting that roll call though, that sucker's important). I needed the psychological "win" of making it past double digit days. Boy does it feel better to know that I've made it almost 2 weeks with this ugly girl in the rear view instead of in my pocket. It's definitely easier to say no (still have to say it though), and I'm super grateful for the encouragement (even if some of it is in the form of "don't be a pussy") as I keep on this journey. I'm writing to make sure that I have a reminder for myself how awful it is to get through this and how much better I feel now 12 days quit. I know that at some point I'll likely lie to myself with "it wasn't so bad, just grab a pinch to get through this bad day and you'll still be quit" and I want to make sure I have something to point myself towards. HEY! IDIOT (If you're thinking about going back)! It is that bad and you know damn well that even if the "1 pinch" lie was true, you can't do just "1 pinch". Stay honest, stay quit.
I like that you are offering encouragement to other new quitters. I found that quitting was so wonderful I had to try and help others see the light. Good job man!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 01:44:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »
Day 8 and it's getting a little easier. A little longer before I start wanting to dip. A little easier to hush the sirens call. Also feels good to be proud for not dipping rather than ashamed that I am. One more day done sir done. I'm not goin back
Doing great! Don't look ahead. 1 day at a time ODAAT!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 07:47:00 PM »
Day 8 and it's getting a little easier. A little longer before I start wanting to dip. A little easier to hush the sirens call. Also feels good to be proud for not dipping rather than ashamed that I am. One more day done sir done. I'm not goin back