Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
  • Likes Given: 25
Re: Introduction
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 04:53:00 PM »
Day 7 - Ha, not really a lot to say today. Just helps me stay focused to write something on here about staying quit. Here's to the road ahead. Good thing it's only a day long cuz much longer than that it would sure feel nearly impossible at times. One day at a time just gonna keep telling this thing no.

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
Quote from: miker0351
.... I spend way more of the day than I want to thinking about dipping,......
Man do I remember this! It was like someone screaming at me through a bullhorn every waking moment of the day. "YOU'RE QUITTING, YOU'RE QUITTING , YOU'RE QUITTING." Man was that emotionally exhausting. Unfortunately there's no shortcut around it. For me it lasted even after the withdrawal until almost day 60. But everyone is different.

Hang in there Miker, you're taking back your life! I promise, life is so much better on the other side of this phase of the quit.

The feeling of freedom is 10 times greater than the buzz from NIC.
I quit with you today.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
This is your room to do as you please as long as your names on roll! Doing great, just focus on ODAAT! Stay focused and reach out of you need! Probably not a person on here that don't crave. The farther along your quit the less intense and shorter the cravings get. Step on the bitch and tell her you're very aware your an addict but you ain't putting that shit in your mouth anymore! Proud to be quit with you! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »
Hope y'all don't mind I keep posting in here. I guess it's been a little longer than an introduction at this point. This quit is getting...better I guess is the word...can't call it easier. I spend way more of the day than I want to thinking about dipping, but know that I will make it through my daily commitment without it especially as I now have a 5 day point of reference. I've started to really enjoy the mornings immediately after waking up. I don't get the cravings for a little while, I am getting a nice workout in and feeling all-around great for about 45-90 min first thing just completely free. I am amazed at how much time I have in the mornings when I'm not throwing in a pinch, heading into the bathroom, and sitting and spitting until my legs fall asleep or the pinch breaks apart in my mouth. I wonder how much time I've wasted (beyond money spent, potential shortened life, etc.) just listening to the "heel" call of my former master. Crazy what we allow ourselves to view as normal behavior through this addiction. Lets go day 6! Separately, if my math is right, I noticed that my 100 days is the day before the 10 year anniversary of KTC. Guess I knew that I had to be there in order for it to be a real celebration. ;)

Offline Grandpa

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: June 11, 2016
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Miker0351,
You are off to a great start on quitting. You have 5 days invested in overcoming your addiction that you never want to repeat. You have gotten a lot of wise advice on quitting from some great vets of this site. Heed their words. All I will add is that you are young and have a lot of life ahead that nicotine will do nothing to improve. I regret that I did not have your smarts and guts at your age instead of waiting until my 60's to quit. You have a great gift .... Don't blow it.

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »
Weekend is over, new week starts, making progress each day. Actually slept last night - so that was good and the blurry/foggy focus times are getting shorter and less frequent. Fuck nicotine, here comes day 5 quit.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 10:05:00 PM »
3 days in...quite honestly wasn't sure I'd stick this long. Some meaningful amount of time each of the last few days was spent fighting with myself about staying quit and each time it was having my name on that damn list that made me stop. Thoughts would flow like, "what difference does it make, not a one of them will see you do it" or "whatever man so write your name again tomorrow just with a 1 next to it again", but having my name there representing a commitment to just for that one day to stay quit helped me get through til bedtime (where sleep is but a dream) and the next day where at least I wouldn't have promised not to use yet. Then a strange thing happens, I say to myself - damn I didn't dip yesterday, I'm going to put my name back on that list again. So here comes day 4 quit. I'm quit for today
Funny thing - posting your daily promise inspires everyone in your group. You are quitting and helping others quit at the same time! When we keep our promise we all win!

I quit with you today miker0351 - Stranger999 day 345.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 02:14:00 PM »
Miker keep going ODAAT and like I said before that damn list will become sacred! Quit on just today, we'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. See I can only promise you in quit today because my names on that damn list!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Mike,

Just hit the nail on the head with your realization of why this place works ....'each time it was having my name on that damn list that made me stop'....

It is all about a person's INTEGRITY, coupled with Accountability (folks here will come hunt your sorry self down if you fail to post roll). Sooner or later you'll come to LOVE "that damn list" because you know that's what is keeping you quit!

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »
3 days in...quite honestly wasn't sure I'd stick this long. Some meaningful amount of time each of the last few days was spent fighting with myself about staying quit and each time it was having my name on that damn list that made me stop. Thoughts would flow like, "what difference does it make, not a one of them will see you do it" or "whatever man so write your name again tomorrow just with a 1 next to it again", but having my name there representing a commitment to just for that one day to stay quit helped me get through til bedtime (where sleep is but a dream) and the next day where at least I wouldn't have promised not to use yet. Then a strange thing happens, I say to myself - damn I didn't dip yesterday, I'm going to put my name back on that list again. So here comes day 4 quit. I'm quit for today

Offline Armydan13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-10
  • Interests: I'm an asshole.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 02:39:00 AM »
2 down, the rest to go. Bring on day 3. If it weren't for the dizzying fog and inability to sleep more than 2-3 hrs at a time yesterday wouldn't have been so bad. Keeping on keeping on and amped to have this god awful addiction so far in the rear view I'm not constantly worried it's about to catch up. Thanks for your support KTC community. Really appreciating how bad of a decision dipping the last 15 years has been.
Hey Mike,

Rooting for you man. There's alot of great guys here that will help you every step of the way. Glad you made the decision to quit; PM me if you ever need anything brother.

-Dan

Brotherhood+Accountability+Dick Pics = Success

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 09:52:00 AM »
2 down, the rest to go. Bring on day 3. If it weren't for the dizzying fog and inability to sleep more than 2-3 hrs at a time yesterday wouldn't have been so bad. Keeping on keeping on and amped to have this god awful addiction so far in the rear view I'm not constantly worried it's about to catch up. Thanks for your support KTC community. Really appreciating how bad of a decision dipping the last 15 years has been.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
Well, a full day done on to day 2. Yesterday wasn't so bad...for about 22 of 24 hours. Those other 2 hours though... wooo doggie. Looked through every place in my house/car/pockets of pants that I may slid/dropped/stored a can before; drank water, drank coffee, ate snacks, chewed candy, glowered with hatred at all of them cuz they just didn't hit the spot. Good news though, turns out you don't turn in to a pumpkin at midnight if you haven't had a pinch. Funny how typing a name into a stupid list for strangers did help with day 1. Welp, that's my ramble for today
Sacred list, not stupid list! I give you a few months and you can kick your own ass for saying that. Man up, it will get tougher and I will ask you now you got what it takes to beat this bitch down? Sometimes we struggle for the next minute, hours at a time. Make sure you have numbers and bring your ass in here or the forums , you don't have to white knuckle alone, there's always someone to bitch with, talk to, whatever you need! Quit on and that roll you put your name on is the turning point of a new life. Believe and live live it Edd ODAAT!

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
Well, a full day done on to day 2. Yesterday wasn't so bad...for about 22 of 24 hours. Those other 2 hours though... wooo doggie. Looked through every place in my house/car/pockets of pants that I may slid/dropped/stored a can before; drank water, drank coffee, ate snacks, chewed candy, glowered with hatred at all of them cuz they just didn't hit the spot. Good news though, turns out you don't turn in to a pumpkin at midnight if you haven't had a pinch. Funny how typing a name into a stupid list for strangers did help with day 1. Welp, that's my ramble for today

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 03:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Roy
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Mike1966
Well, after few hours of bargaining with myself "Saturday is better" "screw that guy telling me if I wait til Saturday it won't happen...I'll show him that I can wait and still do it" and so on, I tossed what I had left and here I go. Day 1 Quit, just posted roll. Tired of being tied to my daily can of dirt. Side note - this Smokey Mountain stuff is absolutely horrible.
Congrats Mike
I couldn't do the Smokey Mountain either, though it works for lots of folks here. For me I'd put that stuff in my mouth and at 1st I'd think yeah! Then after a while my brain would say, "Hey! you ain't fool'n nobody with that stuff" I was always afraid it might be more of a trigger for me. Plus one of the things I like about not dipping is not having to talk around a mouth full of spit and spit cups all over the house(2 things!)

And the guys are right, and I'm sure you know it, there's never a right time to quit in the mind of an addict. It's like swimming and jumping into a pool of cold, cold water, you just got to do it!

Get to know folks in your group and exchange digits with them. There will be times you'll need to send someone a text to post roll for you, and there may be times when a text message to someone, when the going get rough, will be the only thing that saves your quit.

My digits are a PM away if you ever need them
Proud to be quit with you today
Day 116 Freedom feels 10 times better than the buzz from NIC!
That a boy! I'll quit with Edd ODAAT! One of the best damn decisions you've ever made. It's gonna suck until it don't. After 3 days or so the mental games will try to kick your ass. Come on here, text, call whatever just don't try it alone that's why all of us addicts are still here even these guy's with 2000 plus days, once an addict always an addict but with the help of Ktc we can keep our foot on the bitches throat! Damn proud of you and damn proud to quit with you! Digits a pm away
You are getting lots of good tips here, Mike. Congrats on one of the best decisions in your life!!
Hey, we already have something in common. 2 years ago today, I quit and never looked back.
I am 100% sure I would not still be quit today without the brotherhood and accountability here.
You've got my digits coming your way. Get to know your quit brothers in Nov 16!!
^^^Sorry for the tough love, but I am glad you are quit right now!
It will suck for a bit, then it will only get better.
Proud to quit with you!
Idaho Spuds