Author Topic: markhatescope intro  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: markhatescope intro
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
Nice work posting roll. NOW I quit with you today

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
Congrats on making a great choice, Mark!!! 43, started at 13, inspired to do this in part by your wife and kids? Same story here. Just reading about your quit got me fired up about mine. There is no going back now. One week is huge...but it is nothing compared to what you will do ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Post roll, read all you can...especially the Tom and Jenny Kern Story...and enjoy your new life of freedom. You got this, brother!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
Welcome Mark. Congrats on getting a week under your belt. That is HUGE! Remember this: if you post roll and keep your word today, you will NEVER have to do those days over again....ever! Don't get caught up on future numbers. You will get there eventually. You cannot get to day 8 if you cannot crush day 7 right? Its all about today. You will hear that all over KTC. It's the damn truth. Listen to these people. We all had to do each day one day at a time. What are you doing to help wih the craves? Are you getting some numbers? Have you reached out to your group? Make relationships. Use your numbers. Read everything you can on this site. CavMan was right, doing an intro will help you meet other quitters and you will have a place to log your quit like a journal.

Quit with you! Let's crush today!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: adamsch
Quote from: markhatescope
I am at the end of day 7 and still getting the hang of the site. Tougher to do through the haze of "the fog" but I am getting there and several guys have been helpful. One such guy encouraged me to write an intro, so here are a few thoughts (thanks CavMan83). I am 43 and started dipping Chokengaggin at the age of 13. I was a can a day kind of guy--primarily ninja style. First several days of my quit were not surprisingly pretty rough but I spent a ton of time on the site reading....which i find to be very helpful. An educated quit is powerful and was never part of any previous attempts.

I am quitting for me but my wife and three awesome kids are certainly part of the deal. I came clean to my kids when i quit for a few reasons---one of the primary reasons was for that layer of accountability. Another was for them to see that everyone has their demons, its what they do with them that matters. Dad being larger than life feels great, but I figured my kids would benefit more from seeing their dad fight this one out.

7 days seems like forever ago and 100 days feels like an eternity, but ONE F'ing DAY AT A TIME is the motto around here and I love it. I will not put that shit in my lip today! You have my word.
Fuck the NIC bitch straight in the 'arse' . Congrats on the day 7! Keep quitting like fuck!
I let my oldest in on my quitting, but it was because he fingerbanged a can of beef jerky.

Like DAD.

IN FRONT OF MOM.

I've never felt so worthless in my life. That was the event that got me off my ass again and back to quitting. I found myself here, and the rest is history. Throughout the process, I've talked to him about how hard the stuff is to quit. I've told him when I've had bad days because of it. Hell, he loves my KTC shirts I sport and he knows this place as the "quitter site".

He may want to be like me when he grows up, but I can help him be better. He doesn't have to be an addict.
Hey Mark just looked at your posts. Looks like you posted roll on Wednesday, then did nothing yesterday until posting an intro late at night. Here's my advice. Nothing on this site matters if you don't post roll. First thing in the morning make your promise. Then you can come here or go to the chat room or whatever else. If you really want to quit, and quit the KTC way, post roll everyday.
werd.....

price of admission mark.....roll should always be posted first.

then you are absolutely welcome to prance around our little valley....we have some very funny stuff scattered around that you will relate too....read old threads....look around the wildcard.....we have some very heartfelt confessionals....grown men and women discussing very frankly their addiction, how they let family down, how nothing has worked...until now....

hell, we even gots some boobies scattered around if you hunt for them......and we all know the occasional booby hunt is one of lifes purest joys.....

post roll first....then partake of the bounty of the land.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 07:04:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
I am at the end of day 7 and still getting the hang of the site. Tougher to do through the haze of "the fog" but I am getting there and several guys have been helpful. One such guy encouraged me to write an intro, so here are a few thoughts (thanks CavMan83). I am 43 and started dipping Chokengaggin at the age of 13. I was a can a day kind of guy--primarily ninja style. First several days of my quit were not surprisingly pretty rough but I spent a ton of time on the site reading....which i find to be very helpful. An educated quit is powerful and was never part of any previous attempts.

I am quitting for me but my wife and three awesome kids are certainly part of the deal. I came clean to my kids when i quit for a few reasons---one of the primary reasons was for that layer of accountability. Another was for them to see that everyone has their demons, its what they do with them that matters. Dad being larger than life feels great, but I figured my kids would benefit more from seeing their dad fight this one out.

7 days seems like forever ago and 100 days feels like an eternity, but ONE F'ing DAY AT A TIME is the motto around here and I love it. I will not put that shit in my lip today! You have my word.
Fuck the NIC bitch straight in the 'arse' . Congrats on the day 7! Keep quitting like fuck!
I let my oldest in on my quitting, but it was because he fingerbanged a can of beef jerky.

Like DAD.

IN FRONT OF MOM.

I've never felt so worthless in my life. That was the event that got me off my ass again and back to quitting. I found myself here, and the rest is history. Throughout the process, I've talked to him about how hard the stuff is to quit. I've told him when I've had bad days because of it. Hell, he loves my KTC shirts I sport and he knows this place as the "quitter site".

He may want to be like me when he grows up, but I can help him be better. He doesn't have to be an addict.
Hey Mark just looked at your posts. Looks like you posted roll on Wednesday, then did nothing yesterday until posting an intro late at night. Here's my advice. Nothing on this site matters if you don't post roll. First thing in the morning make your promise. Then you can come here or go to the chat room or whatever else. If you really want to quit, and quit the KTC way, post roll everyday.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 02:37:00 AM »

Like DAD.

IN FRONT OF MOM.

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline adamsch

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-29
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 12:45:00 AM »

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: mule
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: gmann

You have he right attitude. Congrats on the seven days. Now that you have roll call and support and understand one day at a time, you will crush this. Yell if you need anything.
Congrats on your choice mark! A decision you won't regret.

Great job on coming clean, but please remember one thing. The fight with nicotine can be a nasty one. You may find yourself going in and out of anger and many times, a big emotional mess. Bring the tough things here, we can take it, don't take it out on the kiddos.

Shout if you need anything, people will be running to help.
glad your here.....

don't think of anything but today.....

fog sucks but it will pass.

welcome and let me know if I can help.
Proud to see your name added to the list of freedom. I quit with you.
Welcome Mark. Congrats on making a life saving decision. Don't hesitate to hit me up if you need anything.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 12:31:00 AM »
Quote from: mule

You have he right attitude. Congrats on the seven days. Now that you have roll call and support and understand one day at a time, you will crush this. Yell if you need anything.

Great job on coming clean, but please remember one thing. The fight with nicotine can be a nasty one. You may find yourself going in and out of anger and many times, a big emotional mess. Bring the tough things here, we can take it, don't take it out on the kiddos.

glad your here.....

Proud to see your name added to the list of freedom. I quit with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »

glad your here.....

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 11:59:00 PM »

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »

Offline markhatescope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
markhatescope intro
« on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »