Author Topic: It's time  (Read 1658 times)

Offline mattjab52

• Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
I quit cold turkey too, and believe me, not easy...but very very worth it. I tried the, "this is my last can" "as soon as THIS can is empty" New Years resolutions, blah blah blah.....

Just truly say "eff the can"...and eff the can. 43 days ago, I threw away 1 can with one dip gone, and another can that hadn't even been cracked yet.

First couple weeks really suck...physically and mentally...after that, its all mental.

Hit me up if you need/want to chat.

Offline MichaelsNewLife

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
Just stop - cold fucking turkey - we all did it that way and it worked for us all.
HOF: 17-JUL-2010

I am saved by God's grace and I am quit through His strength, courage, and power.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Offline copenhaten

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
the bamadan way worked for me too.

Offline kb81

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
Quote from: F-The-Can
OK, while I haven't yet picked a date, it's damn time to kick this shit.
This makes no sense to me whatsoever. I'm not trying to be an a$$; however, if it's about time to kick this sh!t, then don't worry about picking a date and just do it. Quitting sucks...it really does, but MUST be done. There is a strong correlation between being active on this site and being able to stay quit. The one's who stray from this site are the ones who don't succeed. If you have 1,000 posts by your HOF date, then you are taking this site pretty serious...even if you have 500+ posts, you're being pretty serious. Are there ones who do far less and still succeed? Of course, but the point is, stay active and stay quit.

You have what it takes to be quit and stay quit. It's simple, don't put the crap in your mouth anymore. It sucks and it's hard, but it's simple...doesn't make sense, but you will understand what I am talking about when you flush the can. Now, as far as the Hooch goes...AMAZING stuff!!!! I hated ALL herbal dips, but Hooch was the one that did it for me. To be honest, if it weren't for this site and Hooch, I'd be f'd in the a and I'd still be dipping.

All we have here is our word and each other. I said that to say this: POST ROLL EVERY EFFING DAY...NO EFFING EXCUSES! This is very important, because this is your word not only to yourself and me, but to the rest of the quitters. Picture this: you are very out of shape (maybe you're not) and the rest of us are out-of-shape. We are all on the track together and we have to run 2.0 miles under a 14 minutes. All of us take off running. We are all giving each other a big "hell yeah" as we go around the track to keep our spirits up and lift each other up. You see me quit running on the team. I have quit on myself and I have quit on you. Psychologically, you will see that I have quit and how badly I'm hurting and now you say to yourself, "crap, if he went down, when am I next?" This is the same thing here. We all depend on each other to hit that finish line. Do not be the one to not finish.

I want to welcome you and welcome you to the suck. Drain that crap, stay w/ the Hooch, and stay with us. You are/were a wintergreen dipper. You will love Hooch Wintergreen. It emulates tobacco to a "t" in my opinion. All the others were horrible. Now, join me, because i'm quit w/ you at 112 days my friend!
( . )( . )

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: bigbamadan
I'd recommend that you not wait to "pick a date" dump any cans you have and start now. No better time than now. I was going to "quit next week" for about a year...always made up some BS reason why now wasn't a good time.
So what is the general consensus on how to quit, I know everyone is different but what are everyone's opinions and success stories?
I'd say the general consensus on how to quit is to not put that shit in your mouth...I mean that's what has worked for me. I'll let others chime in on how they do it.
I will agree with Bama. Dump your cans and dont put the shit in your mouth. That worked well for me.
yep, the bamadan way worked for me too.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
I'd recommend that you not wait to "pick a date" dump any cans you have and start now. No better time than now. I was going to "quit next week" for about a year...always made up some BS reason why now wasn't a good time.
So what is the general consensus on how to quit, I know everyone is different but what are everyone's opinions and success stories?
I'd say the general consensus on how to quit is to not put that shit in your mouth...I mean that's what has worked for me. I'll let others chime in on how they do it.
I will agree with Bama. Dump your cans and dont put the shit in your mouth. That worked well for me.
Agree and agree. It's simple: don't pack your face with shit. Simple, but not easy.

Welcome to the best decision of your life.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline F-The-Can

• Interests: My beautiful wife and kids and all that they do, my new German Shep puppy Sarge, learning, fishing and driving my IH Scout II!!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

Just to update...Today is day 1. 'Finger' Skoal!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline F-The-Can

• Interests: My beautiful wife and kids and all that they do, my new German Shep puppy Sarge, learning, fishing and driving my IH Scout II!!
It's time
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
OK, while I haven't yet picked a date, it's damn time to kick this shit. I've been chewing Skoal Wintergreen for 18 years. If I'm not sleeping or eating, I'm dipping. I've failed miserably at quitting before making it only about a week. I'm a slave, my failed attempts have lowered my self worth to all time lows.

So what is the general consensus on how to quit, I know everyone is different but what are everyone's opinions and success stories? I've just ordered a 6 pack of Hooch herbal snuff. Reviews look good and I'm hoping that will take care of the mouth habit. The nic part scares me but I'm sure with help and reading all of your stories I'll make it thru.

I'm doing this for my kids and wife, well, mostly for myself but for them so they don't have to go thru losing me or part of my face at least. I'm tired of dental work, knowing I've got terrible breath, and having to carry a can and a bottle to spit in everywhere I go. Not to mention the stomach problems I've got from gutting it when I can't spit.

I want to taste food again. I want to talk to people with confidence. I want to do what I can to avoid cancer. I want to be free. Time to f the can.

I'm rambling, probably because I've been up for 6 hours and haven't had a dip yet. I'll try to be a little more put together on future posts! _