Author Topic: Lotsa Reasons  (Read 1919 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Lotsa Reasons
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Quote from: TimH
Thanks guys. I never thought quitting would be this hard or this involved. The w/ds are worse then opiates. Im goin nuts! 'bang head'
Sometimes going into LIVE CHAT upper right helps...noone cares if you go in there and just rage
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline String11

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm a guy that fears God and loves family. My family and I would be considered outsdoors people. We hunt, fish, ski, cheer, football, basketball, soccer, and baseball. My wife and I don't necessarily spoil our children, but they do get 95% of our attention. (like they should)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Winter
After 15 years of chewing its time to quit. I actually just detoxed off of opiates. Im 16 days clean. And now its time to quit chewing. Today is day 3. Im afraid I bit off more then I can chew.(no pun intended) I will say this as hard as it was to quit pills this is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. Its all I can think about. I try to keep my mind occupied but it doesn't work. I have relied on the Grizz for so long to deal with stress I feel like I have nothing to fight the mental stress of everything Im going through. I am a member of an online support group for addicts which was a God send for my opiate addiction so I thought I would give this a try for killin the can.
Tim, your story is the same as mine. I dipped wintergreen for 15 years. I popped pills since I was 16 years old. Im, 28 now. I ate them like they where candy. You could say I have an addictive personality!! After a long bender I threw everything out the same day, all dip, all pills and I didnt TRY to quit. I did QUIT. That was 94 days ago. The first bit sucked man, and its going to for you as well. That is the price you have to pay for abusing your body. I want you to put as much effort to quit as you did trying to find your next fix or searching for that next dip. I used to be ashamed to tell my story, but im damn proud of what I accomplished. I am living proof that you can get through this and stay QUIT. if you need anything pm me. Id be glad to give more information.
Tim and WG. Thanks for being so forthright about battling pills. I have heard that dip is one of the hardest things to quit but hearing it first hand (especially from a fellow March Iron man) really brings it to my attention and reminds me that this quitting dip is not game. Serious life and death shit, not to be taken lightly. Thanks! Tim, follow WG , he knows how to quit! 'oh yeah' ;Ironman:
Nice quit. Embrace the suck, it's coming as you well know. Get some digits from fellow quitters and have that support ready for anything that may come up. As for here, post roll and make that promise everyday. For me, that has been the main key ingredient I never had before. I quit with you and feel free to PM me digits or vent if need be.

Worst case come on here and gawk at all the hot avatars.
Quit date 11-10-2013 7th Floor 10-10-2015
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline TimH

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I never thought quitting would be this hard or this involved. The w/ds are worse then opiates. Im goin nuts! 'bang head'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
After 15 years of chewing its time to quit. I actually just detoxed off of opiates. Im 16 days clean. And now its time to quit chewing. Today is day 3. Im afraid I bit off more then I can chew.(no pun intended) I will say this as hard as it was to quit pills this is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. Its all I can think about. I try to keep my mind occupied but it doesn't work. I have relied on the Grizz for so long to deal with stress I feel like I have nothing to fight the mental stress of everything Im going through. I am a member of an online support group for addicts which was a God send for my opiate addiction so I thought I would give this a try for killin the can.
Tim, your story is the same as mine. I dipped wintergreen for 15 years. I popped pills since I was 16 years old. Im, 28 now. I ate them like they where candy. You could say I have an addictive personality!! After a long bender I threw everything out the same day, all dip, all pills and I didnt TRY to quit. I did QUIT. That was 94 days ago. The first bit sucked man, and its going to for you as well. That is the price you have to pay for abusing your body. I want you to put as much effort to quit as you did trying to find your next fix or searching for that next dip. I used to be ashamed to tell my story, but im damn proud of what I accomplished. I am living proof that you can get through this and stay QUIT. if you need anything pm me. Id be glad to give more information.
Tim and WG. Thanks for being so forthright about battling pills. I have heard that dip is one of the hardest things to quit but hearing it first hand (especially from a fellow March Iron man) really brings it to my attention and reminds me that this quitting dip is not game. Serious life and death shit, not to be taken lightly. Thanks! Tim, follow WG , he knows how to quit! 'oh yeah' ;Ironman:
I see you posted roll. Well done. Here is another thread that might interest you. index.php?showtopic=4961

Glad you found us. Shout if you need assistance

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Well Tim, it will suck, but remembering that suck will help down the road to keep you from caving. Posting roll is a sacred primes for the day. We promise ourselves and our quit group that we will remain nicotine free for the day. We repeat daily. If you are a man of your word and post early every day you can't fail!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
Timh,
Welcome! Go to WELCOME CENTER upper left and learn how to post roll,you'll be in the June2014 Group. Read everything you can here. Lots of water and exercise, fruit helped me early on. Get some gum, seeds, fake chew...whatever works. When you get a crave, go for a walk, pound out push ups, anything physical. 2 more days and your system will be clean, but the mind games continue. Need to rage?...go into Live Chat, upper right. We're all pulling for you, but you have to pull the hardest!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline TimH

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »

Offline TimH

Lotsa Reasons
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »