Author Topic: Ready to quit  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Ready to quit
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 08:29:00 AM »
Congrats on 300 Moke. Proud to Quit with you everyday!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
Congrats bro on 200 days. What an accomplishment. Proud to Quit with you every day man
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 07:36:00 AM »
Congrats.
Quitting a nicotine addiction from any source is a great accomplishment.
Hang in there, you can do this.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »
Dude...your on the crazy train. Welcome Mokey
Ive been following your post...
Your fogged like the rest of us were... Love it.
Just keep posting roll somewhere.
It gets easier.
The only time your not welcome....is when you not posting.
I quit with you.
EDD ODAAT
Rawls 499
I believe.....

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 09:05:00 PM »
Make this quit for you. The quits that work on this site are always based around a nicotine addict sick and tired of answering the call of their addiction. They want to take control of their lives again. It's great that your CEO's edict is an impetus, but that won't be enough to fight off all the cravings you will have to fight. So make this quit about you and your desire to be in control again. Buckle up and fight. Good luck.

Offline mattlock

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-13
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: walterwhite
Quote from: Mokey
Hey guys I'm a 32 year old smoker who has been smoking since he was 18. 2 days ago, I made the decision to take back my life and give up smoking. Unfortunately, the decision wasn't solely mine, as my CEO gave all employees until the end of the year to quit or find a new job. It's not that I haven't wanted to quit for many years, I just needed the motivation or a good square kick in the ass. I always considered myself an athlete my whole life, but smoking has prevented me from even playing a pick up game of basketball with friends. I grew up in Minnesota and moved to central Florida about a year and half ago for a new job. I am looking forward to support and supporting others and putting some more money back in my pocket!
Make sure you are quitting for yourself. Quitting for your job doesn't work. What happens if you found a better job next week. More pay, benefits and you could smoke all you want while working. Would you go back to smoking? You need to QUIT for YOU! This shit is hard but doable. You really have to want it. This is life and death. We do it ODAAT. One day at a time.
As someone who has quit both cigarettes and now smokeless, there were a lot of similarities to both of my quits. I had more physical withdrawal symptoms with the smoking, but have greater fog and oral fixation with the smokeless. Either way, get that poison out of your system and you will be amazed by how much better you will feel. Like others said, make sure you are quitting for you. You have to want it. We are addicts and if an addict tries to do it for any other reason, they usually fail. Rely on you quit group, use the GroupMe texts and get some numbers for support, use the chat room, read every thing you can on here and get motivated will all help tremendously. There are a lot of resources at your disposal. The most important thing however is to post roll first thing every day and keep your word for 24 hours. You do that and this works, no doubt about it.
Unlike quitting products, total adherence to a personal commitment to not violate the law of addiction provides a 100% guarantee of success. Although obedience may not always be easy, the law is clear, concise and simple - no nicotine today, not one puff, dip or chew!

HOF Speech

1st floor 06/20/2016
2nd floor 09/30/2016

Offline walterwhite

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 1.4.2016
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Mokey
Hey guys I'm a 32 year old smoker who has been smoking since he was 18. 2 days ago, I made the decision to take back my life and give up smoking. Unfortunately, the decision wasn't solely mine, as my CEO gave all employees until the end of the year to quit or find a new job. It's not that I haven't wanted to quit for many years, I just needed the motivation or a good square kick in the ass. I always considered myself an athlete my whole life, but smoking has prevented me from even playing a pick up game of basketball with friends. I grew up in Minnesota and moved to central Florida about a year and half ago for a new job. I am looking forward to support and supporting others and putting some more money back in my pocket!
Make sure you are quitting for yourself. Quitting for your job doesn't work. What happens if you found a better job next week. More pay, benefits and you could smoke all you want while working. Would you go back to smoking? You need to QUIT for YOU! This shit is hard but doable. You really have to want it. This is life and death. We do it ODAAT. One day at a time.
You will NEVER regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret caving ~ NOLAQ

Everyday an addict reminds himself he is an addict is a day an addict earns another day of freedom. ~ Scowick65

To persevere is important for everybody. Don't give up, don't give in. There's always an answer to everything. ~ Louis Zamperini

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 09:39:00 PM »
Quitting nicotine is our common fight. Whether smoking or dipping, we're glad you found us and that you're here.

Looks like you're trying to get the hang of posting roll. Don't worry. You'll get it in time.

Make sure to post roll early every day so that using nicotine is not an option for the day. Honor your word and you'll do fine. This is definitely one of the hardest things any of us will ever do, but together, it's possible.

Make sure to reach out to guys in your quit group and exchange phone numbers. Accountability is a huge part of staying quit. Message some of the more experienced quitters, too, and exchange numbers with them. They/we know what you're going through and it helps to be able to vent to someone who knows what this is like.

Glad to have you here. Quit on.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »
Welcome! This isn't really a "smokers" site, but nicotine is nicotine. I'm not sure that quitting cigarettes is the same as quitting dip, but I suspect it is very similar.

Here are some links that will help you with this site and your quit:

How to post roll video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBoCAii ... e=youtu.be

or how to post roll from written directions
topic/1003072/1/

New Quitter Hints and Helps

http://www.killthecan.org/heres-how-you ... court-now/
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Mokey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-28
  • Interests: Football and basketball, although smoking has prevented me from participating in that. I also love to play golf and partake in fantasy sports.
Ready to quit
« on: March 29, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »