Author Topic: New Reality  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Reality
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 07:03:00 PM »
I sent you a PM. When you decide to get serious with your quit, HMU.
We CAN help each other here.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline suthern_gntlman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church, Family, Movies and Books!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
Looking forward to getting to know you.

Don't know if your confused, or what... but you need to get on down to your group and post roll. If you need help with anything, check your INBOX, I've left you my phone number...

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 09:16:00 AM »
Quote from: CrappieSlayer2016
Hi guys, I'm 26 and live in Indiana I've been chewing for a good part of 8 years.. I'm ready to make a life changing decision today to quit and give up a piece of negative influence that has drug me through the mud for most of my life, I have a wife  and two beautiful daughters that I love  cherish and I need to make sure I do everything in my power to watch them grow.

I struggle a lot with anxiety/panic attacks and grizzly has been my source of medication for as long as I can remember. I'm ready to see what it's like to be nicotine free and cope with stress on my own instead of putting a problem with a problem. Although I'm very nervous I'm also certain this the step I need, so today I will post roll and keep a promise to stay nicotine free..
Congrats on the quit brother. You will think it is a mistake after a few weeks, but hang in there, it will mess with you as it has me, it still has me messed up, but if I can do it, you can to.
Get involved on here and take it day by day, or minute by minute when needed.
I quit with you today.
Love the name, I live next door in Ohio, lets hook up and do some fishing.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 06:58:00 AM »
Suffering from anxiety and depression are really going to make quitting tougher than it already is, which is already pretty tough. Your addiction likes to whisper in your ear whenever and wherever you are vulnerable, in your case you will no doubt tell yourself that you will have to dip again to moderate your mood. You're going to have to do your best to recognize that siren song for what it is....true and utter bullshit. Dipping does not make you happier. But believe me when I tell you, that quitting ultimately will. Your addiction just wants its fix and it will do anything to get it, included messing with your head when you are already fragile. Others in your shoes have done this...so can you. Be strong...good luck!!! And have a Happy Easter.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »
Quote from: CrappieSlayer2016
Thank you guys! I really do appreciate all the advice and kind words. So far it has started out as hell as soon as that first crave came and I refused I feel like now life is a dream and everything around me is unreal.. It's scary, but I'm still pushing through. The off balance and feeing as I'm loosing myself has been a self reminder that I have plagued my brain with fake feelings for so long, right now I can't see freedom but I do have faith it's out there.
Get you some fake it helps with the anxiety. I would like to say that I can honestly relate my anxiety and panic attacks to nicotine! I don't remember the last attack. I have previously dipped for 38 years and now 455 days later panic and anxiety are few and far between. Post your promise Early and every damn day you will come out victorious by that little one thing! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline CrappieSlayer2016

• Quit Date: 2016-03-26
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 06:40:00 PM »
Thank you guys! I really do appreciate all the advice and kind words. So far it has started out as hell as soon as that first crave came and I refused I feel like now life is a dream and everything around me is unreal.. It's scary, but I'm still pushing through. The off balance and feeing as I'm loosing myself has been a self reminder that I have plagued my brain with fake feelings for so long, right now I can't see freedom but I do have faith it's out there.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »
Anxiety. It is shocking how many posts there are from new quitters who use nicotine to self medicate. Nicotine levels things out. No highs. No lows. No real anything except the need to keep those nicotine levels constant. It will take a while to see this, but it really is true. Freedom is unlike anything you've known in a while - because you really don't know how much of your life has been dominated by this addiction.

Anxiety: running out of your can on Christmas morning when all of the gas stations are closed. Having a gland in your neck swell up like an orange overnight. Making a midnight run to 7-11 and they are out of your brand. Sore/bleeding lip. Taking a coworker to lunch and frantically hiding your spitter. Cancer.

Your brain will need some healing time. You might need some meds to recover at least initially. If you need them, get them. This place will save your life and make it worth living. Sounds lame and ghey? It isn't. Roller coasters are fun if you can let go of the bar and keep your eyes open. That's really what life is like. And giving this shit up means you've just taken yours back. It is an honor to quit with you today.

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
Welcome brother. Here we quit through brotherhood and accountability. That means get to know your quit brithers here and post roll early, every damn day. Dive into this place and soak it up like a sponge. Anxiety is very common among nicotine addicts but there are thousands here taking care of business, one day at a time!

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 02:53:00 PM »
It looks like you belong to July quit group. Everyday, in the morning, you post roll. Instructions are available on a few spots on this site. The roll is very important. It is a promise to yourself and your group that, that day you will not use. do this everyday.

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 02:14:00 PM »
You got this, man. I suffer from Depression/Anxiety. For me, I used Valerian root for my anxiety. st. johns Wort for my depression. Dark Chocolate helped with both the depression and the head aches. Of course, always go to a doctor. Tons of water. Powerade. Some numbers of fellow quitters. Ask and ye shl receive.

Offline CrappieSlayer2016

• Quit Date: 2016-03-26
New Reality
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »
Hi guys, I'm 26 and live in Indiana I've been chewing for a good part of 8 years.. I'm ready to make a life changing decision today to quit and give up a piece of negative influence that has drug me through the mud for most of my life, I have a wife  and two beautiful daughters that I love  cherish and I need to make sure I do everything in my power to watch them grow.

I struggle a lot with anxiety/panic attacks and grizzly has been my source of medication for as long as I can remember. I'm ready to see what it's like to be nicotine free and cope with stress on my own instead of putting a problem with a problem. Although I'm very nervous I'm also certain this the step I need, so today I will post roll and keep a promise to stay nicotine free..