Author Topic: Late intro, here gos  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Cornholio

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: "I am still growing too with all areas of life as I feel when we stop that is when we go 6 feet under. So each day I look to learn something or apply something I have learned in the past as we have reached today based on all of our decisions in that past. They made us who we are now, but do not define who we will be tomorrow, as that definition starts now." ~ SirDerek"KTC is a circle the wagons situation and you need to be inside the circle busting ass to keep the circle tight! Anyone running from the circle does so at their own peril..." ~ Jason (JDM)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Late intro, here gos
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Buckfever99
Quote from: Bean
Great choice, Buck!!!  9 days is huge...but nothing compared to what you are going to accomplish.

Recovery is a "one day at a time" type of thing.  If you can go one day, you can do it again.  You got this, brother. 

Remember, many folks did get the privilege of GETTING to go through the suck...
Somethin bout this site that makes me not wanna dip. I feel like cavin would not only let myself down but everyone on this site. Maybe this nic withdraw is makin me crazy 'Crazy'
Buck....Billy Joel has it right....You may be crazy, hey, this just may be the lunatic we're looking for!

I felt the same EXACT way you did. Like, my cave would cause another. There's something about making a promise to a fellow addict. How is it I can break promises to my wife, parents, kids, friends, and of course myself, yet I hold my promise to quit when made to other quitters? People I have only gotten to know as I kept my promise to boot.

You made the right choice. Time to take control.
You have a fine group of quitters over there in May. Get to know you're buddies. They are going to save your life if you let them.

As far as cravings...they are everywhere. For 12years you trained yourself what to do when tired, hungry, sad, happy, bored, excited...everything. It's time to reprogram yourself. We don't need a cancer causing drug to handle all emotions.

Today, just worry about the cravings for today. Fight those little battles. They keep adding up. Some will be huge, others a joke. But for each fight you win, you're raising the "Buckfever" flag, taking control, and starting new.

Offline CMH17

• Quitter
  • Interests: Chicago Bears Football, Golfing, Watching my girls play softball.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Great choice, Buck!!!  9 days is huge...but nothing compared to what you are going to accomplish.

Recovery is a "one day at a time" type of thing.  If you can go one day, you can do it again.  You got this, brother. 

Somethin bout this site that makes me not wanna dip. I feel like cavin would not only let myself down but everyone on this site. Maybe this nic withdraw is makin me crazy 'Crazy'
I believe it is also a great support system to a person who is commited to quitting. Glad to quit with you.
Commit to the Quit.....Not to the shit!!!!

Quit Date 2/7/12 - 12:41 pm
HOF Date 5/16/12
2nd Floor 8/28/12

Offline Buckfever99

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
Great choice, Buck!!! 9 days is huge...but nothing compared to what you are going to accomplish.

Recovery is a "one day at a time" type of thing. If you can go one day, you can do it again. You got this, brother.

Spare me the "cavin" bullcrap!!! I aint buyin!!!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Great choice, Buck!!! 9 days is huge...but nothing compared to what you are going to accomplish.

Recovery is a "one day at a time" type of thing. If you can go one day, you can do it again. You got this, brother.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Way to go Buck!
I quit with with you all!

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
Been dippin for 12 yrs, since i was 20 yrs old. one of my friends gave me a can of skoal bandits is when it all started, shortly after, skoal wintergreen, then grizzly. I'm nine days quit, been postin roll, feelin good physically. But mentally, i've got triggers every time i turn around. i thought i'd have 2 or 3 triggers. LOL Didnt think I'd have a trigger when i: hopped in the truck, went to store, walk outside, watch tv, get on computer, get done eatin, wake up, you get the point, ya'll been there. Any way this site is great, I've tried quittin prolly 20 times in past 12 years. Never made it this long.
Hey, Buckfever, congratulations on the 9 days, brother. You defeat one crave / trigger at a time with a pre-determined plan.

This link may help you get a handle during some of those rough times.
index.php?showtopic=5098

If you need anything else, just shout!!

Offline Buckfever99

• Quitter
Late intro, here gos
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Been dippin for 12 yrs, since i was 20 yrs old. one of my friends gave me a can of skoal bandits is when it all started, shortly after, skoal wintergreen, then grizzly. I'm nine days quit, been postin roll, feelin good physically. But mentally, i've got triggers every time i turn around. i thought i'd have 2 or 3 triggers. LOL Didnt think I'd have a trigger when i: hopped in the truck, went to store, walk outside, watch tv, get on computer, get done eatin, wake up, you get the point, ya'll been there. Any way this site is great, I've tried quittin prolly 20 times in past 12 years. Never made it this long.
Spare me the "cavin" bullcrap!!! I aint buyin!!!