Author Topic: The last time!!  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The last time!!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
Docman, you out there?????? Whats up, you post an intro and then you get called to the carpet on this being your 3rd time apparently and you bail. Unless I am mistaken you posted Day 1 on May 7th and vanished???? Come on man, sack up, answer the questions, get a plan and quit with us. Tuff love is a bitch I know but you know KTC works! I'll even provide my digits if you want to truly quit, just shoot me a PM.
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
Chewed for 24...Quit for 4...Caved.  this math does not add up based on your profile. What was your handle before docman ??
Posts:129 Former Group: Dec 12 last posted 1/5/2013 Joined: September 7, 2012
Quote from: docman
Yes, I have a failed quit on my resume from a couple years ago. I wasn't serious enough that time around...I felt I was strong enough to be able to quit for a hundred days and still keep drinking. I was wrong. Not strong enough. This time around I'm going without both for 100 days. One day at a time.

I know I will meet many great quitters over the next 100 days...I promise to be there for them as they are for me!
So lets see how 'serious' you are going to be this time. Are you quit or just stopping?

Lastly - do not make 100 your goal - how about learning the tools to battle your addiction and helping others here quit along the way. No one is cured of being a nicotine addict. This is our milestone we will drag through life.

(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What is your detailed emergency action plan?
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
Answer the Questions Please Docman if you are serious about your quit. I am editing this post now because after a little research this appears to be your 3rd go round, once in 2006, once in 2012 and now again. If I am wrong about that I apologize. That said I think you really need to answer the three questions, the same three you answered last time and honestly what will make you stay quit this time? I ask out of concern and not out of trying to be a dick. I am sure you are well aware that accountability here at KTC is what keeps us afloat and a 3-tread poster surely needs to explain himself to the rest of us.
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
Until today, I've been chewing for over 30 years with a 4 year break along the way. I live in Northern California and have a wife and two kids that I hide my cope from as best I can. I am here (again) to quit for good. Yes, I have a failed quit on my resume from a couple years ago. I wasn't serious enough that time around...I felt I was strong enough to be able to quit for a hundred days and still keep drinking. I was wrong. Not strong enough. This time around I'm going without both for 100 days. One day at a time.

I know I will meet many great quitters over the next 100 days...I promise to be there for them as they are for me!
Docman, I found this site 12 days into one of my quit attempts. I am a complete dumbass and chewed over a can a day for 26 years. Now I have been clean and free for 166 days. I have made some lifelong friends here. We share a common goal and desire. I am in Sacto. What part of No. Cal are you in? You will do this if you really want it and are a man of your word. Accountability plus Brotherhood equals Success. You are going to get some tough love responses. Be humble and embrace what will be offered. I don't know your history here but you better be serious this time. You joined a long time ago.

Offline docman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Oregon State Beavers, Grateful Dead, Golf, Gardening, Fathering and last, but not least, QUITTING!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
Until today, I've been chewing for over 30 years with a 4 year break along the way. I live in Northern California and have a wife and two kids that I hide my cope from as best I can. I am here (again) to quit for good. Yes, I have a failed quit on my resume from a couple years ago. I wasn't serious enough that time around...I felt I was strong enough to be able to quit for a hundred days and still keep drinking. I was wrong. Not strong enough. This time around I'm going without both for 100 days. One day at a time.

Chewed for 24...Quit for 4...Caved...Chewed for 4
I am Quit today.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Wedge
I need to kill this urge once and for all.  After 23 years of chewing I found this site in July 2006, made it to my 100 days and was free from the bitch for 3 1/2 years.  Unfortunately I disgraced the HoF and fell back in with the evil woman.

While I feel I let many down, notably Who Dey and those of the Oct '06 quit group who helped me along so much back in the day, most importantly I have come back to the only place where I have had success separating from tobacco.  I promise to avoid chew today.  And I will log into this site and make the same promise tomorrow and the next day and the next.  I also pledge to support my fellow quitters to all extents possible.

Great to be here!
Wow....something in the water????

Log in with your old user name and password. If you can't recall the password, i'm sure we can help you out.
I think the deal is that the first time I was on quitsmokeless.org which was a different site but had a very similar look to KTC. I thought it rolled into this site in Nov '06 and would have my history but I was wrong. Bottom line, I don't technically have a previous userid/pword for KTC.
Well whatever!
What the hell happened?
Why did it happen?
What are you going to do different?
I want advice of what not to do so give us your story!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline docman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Oregon State Beavers, Grateful Dead, Golf, Gardening, Fathering and last, but not least, QUITTING!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Wedge
I need to kill this urge once and for all.  After 23 years of chewing I found this site in July 2006, made it to my 100 days and was free from the bitch for 3 1/2 years.  Unfortunately I disgraced the HoF and fell back in with the evil woman.

While I feel I let many down, notably Who Dey and those of the Oct '06 quit group who helped me along so much back in the day, most importantly I have come back to the only place where I have had success separating from tobacco.  I promise to avoid chew today.  And I will log into this site and make the same promise tomorrow and the next day and the next.  I also pledge to support my fellow quitters to all extents possible.

Great to be here!

Log in with your old user name and password. If you can't recall the password, i'm sure we can help you out.
I think the deal is that the first time I was on quitsmokeless.org which was a different site but had a very similar look to KTC. I thought it rolled into this site in Nov '06 and would have my history but I was wrong. Bottom line, I don't technically have a previous userid/pword for KTC.
I am Quit today.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
I need to kill this urge once and for all. After 23 years of chewing I found this site in July 2006, made it to my 100 days and was free from the bitch for 3 1/2 years. Unfortunately I disgraced the HoF and fell back in with the evil woman.

While I feel I let many down, notably Who Dey and those of the Oct '06 quit group who helped me along so much back in the day, most importantly I have come back to the only place where I have had success separating from tobacco. I promise to avoid chew today. And I will log into this site and make the same promise tomorrow and the next day and the next. I also pledge to support my fellow quitters to all extents possible.

Great to be here!

Offline docman

• Quitter
The last time!!
« on: September 07, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
I need to kill this urge once and for all. After 23 years of chewing I found this site in July 2006, made it to my 100 days and was free from the bitch for 3 1/2 years. Unfortunately I disgraced the HoF and fell back in with the evil woman.

While I feel I let many down, notably Who Dey and those of the Oct '06 quit group who helped me along so much back in the day, most importantly I have come back to the only place where I have had success separating from tobacco. I promise to avoid chew today. And I will log into this site and make the same promise tomorrow and the next day and the next. I also pledge to support my fellow quitters to all extents possible.

Great to be here!
I am Quit today.