Author Topic: Well. Here I am.  (Read 2317 times)

Offline BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
Re: Well. Here I am.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: Fitz
Been okay without anything so far. I think the cravings are slowly creeping away because normally I'm a shaky and disgruntled a-hole after a few days without.

Going into a weekend dip free and looking forward to spending time with the wife and kiddo without wondering when my next chance to dip will be.
Fitz, you're crushing it. Keep it up.

Going into my 3rd weekend quit and I know for me that meant more free time and routines of Friday nights being my Nic binge with TV after kids and wife asleep. I got thru but needed KTC, text messages and fake stuff/candy, especially at night. Just be ready for it with whatever that isnt nicotine that will help you deal. You got this brother.

Text if you need to bitch. I quit with you today and all weekend.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline Fitz

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: July 9th, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, Fishing, Motorcycles
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 10:30:00 AM »
Been okay without anything so far. I think the cravings are slowly creeping away because normally I'm a shaky and disgruntled a-hole after a few days without.

Going into a weekend dip free and looking forward to spending time with the wife and kiddo without wondering when my next chance to dip will be.

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 979
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
Quote from: BBQchips
Damn, I could sure use some gum right about now...LOL 'bang head'
The first five days were rough with that urge for me too. Stay strong and don't feel bad to smack away on some double-bubble, taffy, starburst, fake chew...whatever gets you through that doesn't have Nicotine. You got this Fitz. Day 15 and I can tell you the strong waves get better soon.

If you need digits, let me know! Quit with you today.
I was a Jolly Rancher fiend for the first month. Used the fake stuff for a couple weeks didn't really do it for me.

Use whatever you need, if the craves get really bad go to Wallgreens and get some extra strength Vick's vapor rub and apply liberally to your twig and berries.

I've never used it but Athan swears by it, says he needs to use a whole jar for one application.

He's always bragging about girth :(

Whatever you do don't "sign up" for his daily picture "promise" distro... so much flesh and hair.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 10:55:00 AM »
The first five days were rough with that urge for me too. Stay strong and don't feel bad to smack away on some double-bubble, taffy, starburst, fake chew...whatever gets you through that doesn't have Nicotine. You got this Fitz. Day 15 and I can tell you the strong waves get better soon.

If you need digits, let me know! Quit with you today.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline Fitz

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Athan
Well Fitz, Skolvikings told me you're a righteous brother of quit, worthy of support.
I'm Athan and I'm a nicotine addict. How bout we quit today. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow can take care of itself. Let's just quit today.
See you in the hall!
xoxoxo
I love you
bye
P.S. do you like pictures?
Don't mind Athan Fitz, he doesn't bite.... hard.

You've got some badass quitters in your corner now.

Let's quit this shit together.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1669
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
Well Fitz, Skolvikings told me you're a righteous brother of quit, worthy of support.
I'm Athan and I'm a nicotine addict. How bout we quit today. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow can take care of itself. Let's just quit today.
See you in the hall!
xoxoxo
I love you
bye
P.S. do you like pictures?
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-16
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
You got this bro, if I can sack up and quit anybody should be able to do this shit. You just gotta use the tools available to you and remember to just quit one day at a time.

Cant stress what Skol said enough, your promise needs to be FIRST THING. as soon as you wake up and finish your morning piss get your ass on roll, then if you are any kind of man you wont be able to break your word and promise to us that you wont dip. I bet you it'd have been a hell of a lot different when you were lying to your wife if you'd have woken up every morning looked her in the eye and said "I'm not gonna dip today" And one day its gonna hit you how shitty you made her feel. Hit me like a ton of bricks when one of my group caved on me, someone I'd only known for a couple months and never met, just talked to him online and he broke his word to me and I got a small taste of what we've done to our wives over and over again over the years.

Drink juice, sugar seemed to help me, and stay well hydrated. gallon of water a day. I'd also think about getting a tin of the fake dip for when its too rough. I like grinds but everyones got a different preference.

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
Great first roll post brother, the first few days suck, but you have went through it before.

ODAAT (One day at a time) WUPPEDD (Wake up piss post every damn day). Make that promise first thing and honor that promise that day. Repeat.

Simple but effective, exchange digits and get involved with your group.

Proud to quit with you today (PTQWYT)

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Fitz

• Quitter
Well. Here I am.
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:22:00 PM »
Howdy everyone, and nice to meet ya.

I'm just gonna go ahead and throw it out there that I am not here because I decided to quit on my own. I have failed at that numerous times. I'm here because I had promised the love of my live that I had quit, and lied to her for over 2 years all while secretly indulging in a nicotine addiction. Her discovering my spit bottle in the glove box of my truck was the start of an investigation that led to me eventually admitting my failure.

My intro to dipping started when I was fresh outta high school doing steel building construction, but its grip has held onto me for over 13 years. My longest quit period was 3 years, but once again it came down to stress/worry/anxiety/nerves that prompted me to "just get one more can".

Now, remarried with a 1yo son and two older kids from a prior marriage...I am faced with ending this stupid addiction or losing it all. My official end of nicotine has commenced and now it's all uphill from here (or so I feel).