Author Topic: Quitting time  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting time
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
String,
Thank you for posting a quick intro. You will find that a good many of us also use this section to document our quit. I found it helpful for me to open up what I was feeling and once I did the outpouring of support was overwhelming and helped me fully understand how KTC works.

If I may offer some quick advice:
1 - find an alternative to your previous Skoal finecut; this can be candy, fake dip, mints, gum, etc.

2 - understand and admit that you are an addict

3 - prepare for the worst and be ready at all times (I keep a bug out bag of alternatives with me all the time)

4 - when the anger comes channel it towards the people to blame for your addiction - yourself and big tobacco

5 - drink lots of water, piss, drink, repeat

6 - exercise or physical activity is a great crave buster and anger management tool

7 - use the site and get to know your fellow quitters. Exchange phone numbers and use text and voice to help or get help.

8 - post roll daily, can't get to a computer tomorrow, use the above lifeline I mentioned in number 7

9 - approach it all one day at a time, never think about tomorrow, don't fixate on day 100, just quit daily and continuing adding plus 1s; the other quitters with high numbers may amaze you but I assure you that they got to that number the same way you will get to day 3

If all else fails, shoot me a PM on here,

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
Re: Quitting time
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
Quote from: String11
25 years of dipping and 2 days in is pretty much kicking my azz.  I'll get through this however, because there is no way my daugther nor son are gonna see me fail.  So far, I'm enjoying the posts from everyone on here.  Makes you feel normal once you see others like yourself.  In the words of the great philosopher Larry the Cable Guy, let's "GIT R DUN" class of Feb 2014.
Great job string. 25 years and you are 2 days quit. I would say the opposite of what you stated. It's looks to me like your kicking azz. It may feel like the other way around, but it all depends on you bro. Not the addicted you,, the free you. Freedom, smell it, taste it and feel it. Keep it up. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline String11

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm a guy that fears God and loves family. My family and I would be considered outsdoors people. We hunt, fish, ski, cheer, football, basketball, soccer, and baseball. My wife and I don't necessarily spoil our children, but they do get 95% of our attention. (like they should)
Quitting time
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
25 years of dipping and 2 days in is pretty much kicking my azz. I'll get through this however, because there is no way my daugther nor son are gonna see me fail. So far, I'm enjoying the posts from everyone on here. Makes you feel normal once you see others like yourself. In the words of the great philosopher Larry the Cable Guy, let's "GIT R DUN" class of Feb 2014.
Quit date 11-10-2013 7th Floor 10-10-2015
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?