Author Topic: Quitting time  (Read 2940 times)

Offline String11

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm a guy that fears God and loves family. My family and I would be considered outsdoors people. We hunt, fish, ski, cheer, football, basketball, soccer, and baseball. My wife and I don't necessarily spoil our children, but they do get 95% of our attention. (like they should)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting time
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
161 days and going strong. Just needed to update this accomplishment. I'm sure like most of you, I had a few places in my past that I stopped 90% of the time to buy the old lip turd. I went this morning to one of the two major places I used to buy my snuff at. I was there merely to get gas and a drink. The lady behind the counter has been working there for I know the last 20 years because since I've worked where I am at, she's been there. After paying for the GOD AWFULLY UNBELIEVABLY EXPENSIVE ASS GAS, I put my drink and a pack of Stride gum on the counter. At that point she asked, you need a roll of Skoal with that. (I always bought in a sleeve) I simply replied, no thanks, I'm good. That may not seem like a huge step, but I've made it an effort to stay away from the old "hangout" spots to keep me from straying. I can honestly say, I didn't even consider what it would be like to have a turd in my lip. I am finally feeling like I've gotten a small handle on this shit. I know I'll never be "cured", but it is amazing how far I/we've come in a short period.

To you peeps that are reading this in your first week or days of your quit, keep it going. It's not something you'll ever regret doing.
Quit date 11-10-2013 7th Floor 10-10-2015
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline String11

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm a guy that fears God and loves family. My family and I would be considered outsdoors people. We hunt, fish, ski, cheer, football, basketball, soccer, and baseball. My wife and I don't necessarily spoil our children, but they do get 95% of our attention. (like they should)
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Quote from: brettlees
150 -- keep stacking them!
Thanks brettlees. I plan on stacking those days like damn cord wood.
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
150 -- keep stacking them!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Quote from: String11
Here I am out of town at a baseball tournament with my family. Probably my most favorite time of year. I get to the hotel late last night after work, eat and basically go to bed. I wake up this morning and feel like I just cheated on my wife. I'm pissed off can't go back to sleep and guess why. A freaking dip cave dream. Damn 119 days clean and still the nic bitch is here. Like all the vets before me and all the one after, you gotta guard your quit. Luckily they have good soap here and I showered off that nasty feeling.

Keep it classy KTC.
Yeah the dip dreams suck. Such a relief to wake up and realize it didn't happen.

For me they serve as a good reminder.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline String11

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 08:23:00 AM »
Here I am out of town at a baseball tournament with my family. Probably my most favorite time of year. I get to the hotel late last night after work, eat and basically go to bed. I wake up this morning and feel like I just cheated on my wife. I'm pissed off can't go back to sleep and guess why. A freaking dip cave dream. Damn 119 days clean and still the nic bitch is here. Like all the vets before me and all the one after, you gotta guard your quit. Luckily they have good soap here and I showered off that nasty feeling.

Keep it classy KTC.
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
can't tell you how freaking awesome it was not to sneak in a spitter or buy a drink simply to get rid of it so I could have something to spit in.
So true, I think all of us quitters and current lippers do the same crazy stuff. Buy a coke just to throw it away, try to spit in something you know isn't going to hold it, trying to spit out the window just to have it blow back in and hit your kid in the backseat. For all you drivers out there, you know you have pissed in a plastic bottle so you didn't have to stop then later need a spitter and you stare at that bottle wondering if it's ok, yes you did. I'm an addict too, I know.

String, cruise on in to the HOF with us. Welcome aboard my friend.

Offline String11

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
This is mainly being written for the guys/gals lurking around and wondering if they "can quit". I'm sitting here this morning at my 91st day of no nic and finding completely funny as shit how big of a total douche I was 92 days ago.

Think I may add to this page every so often so peeps like yourself can read and see that it is possible to quit. I did the shit for 25 years so don't give me any petty excuses or list of why you can't. This is a great bunch of guys here, some would be best friends if you knew them in the real world, some would be people you'd hate or walk by maybe. Either way, they all share a common factor, we all were dumb asses for putting the lip terd in the first time.

The reason I felt inspired this morning to write this was last night, my wife and I, whom I started dating at 14(so she knows me and all my bad habits) went to a movie. I can't tell you how freaking awesome it was not to sneak in a spitter or buy a drink simply to get rid of it so I could have something to spit in. 2hrs10mins we sat there and watched Lone Survivor (which I recommend) and not even the slightest crave. I can remember bitching if I had to sit 20mins without a dip in the past.

If you're reading this and saying, "shit, that sounds awfully familiar" then welcome to the place you need to be. I'm thankful I found this place and have gotten to know some good people through here and plan on meeting many more.

So stop pussy-footing around and come on in, the waters fine.

Stay quit my friends
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC String and nice work on posting Roll. You have been given lots of great advice from some serious quitters, so take it and run with it. Remember, one day at a time. That is all you need to worry about right now. Everything will get better, but the first couple of weeks really suck. Focus your mind on what you can control right now...and the rest will follow. It does get better.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Sleep. Yeah... That can be a little jacked for awhile. It'll happen dude. Really. The thing to keep in mind right up front is how much healing we have to do. Physically and mentally. You can't fix in a few days what nicotine did to you for years. You've got good advice... Follow it because it really does work. Until then, don't look ahead. Enjoy each day and each li'l victory over your addiction. All of those make up the big picture of your quit. Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
Quote from: jlud007
I assume the fog at some point will lift, but for a guy that doesn't drink since I was in college, that was a weird day.  I could not tell you half of what I told some of my employees let alone my partners here at work.  My wife asked me to get off the crack pipe when I got home.  I'm glad I can laugh about this, but it's really freaking sad how a little thing like Skoal has controlled my ass for so long. 

Now for the questions to you veterans,
1: Why drink so much water?  My God I've wore the handle out on our toilets.

2:  When does the sleep get better?  I tossed and turned all night and that was only day 2. 

3:  I'm trying not to use the "fake dip" so that I won't have to get rid of something else down the road.  Any other alternatives for my first road trip coming up?  I'm taking my son to an out of state baseball tournament.
Nice work String, I see you posted roll.

Your in what we call the suck right now, your body is physically detoxing from nicotine. The fog well let up a bit in a day or two most likely, everyone is a little different. However expect the first 30 days or so to feel a bit foggy, we have been poisoning our mind and body for a long time. Your mind will take time to heal and rewire itself. I can only promise that if you post roll everyday and stay quit it will get better. You will never need to feel like this again, unless you decide to use.

You got this brother, I did it, so can you.... Quit with you today!
Welcome to your quit!

The fog is different for everyone, mine lasted a good five days. I felt like a zombie 'zombie'

As far as your road trip, seeds, atomic fireballs, gum. Whatever works to keep you clean and your mind off it.

I quit with you today.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »
I assume the fog at some point will lift, but for a guy that doesn't drink since I was in college, that was a weird day. I could not tell you half of what I told some of my employees let alone my partners here at work. My wife asked me to get off the crack pipe when I got home. I'm glad I can laugh about this, but it's really freaking sad how a little thing like Skoal has controlled my ass for so long.

1: Why drink so much water? My God I've wore the handle out on our toilets.

2: When does the sleep get better? I tossed and turned all night and that was only day 2.

3: I'm trying not to use the "fake dip" so that I won't have to get rid of something else down the road. Any other alternatives for my first road trip coming up? I'm taking my son to an out of state baseball tournament.
Nice work String, I see you posted roll.

Your in what we call the suck right now, your body is physically detoxing from nicotine. The fog well let up a bit in a day or two most likely, everyone is a little different. However expect the first 30 days or so to feel a bit foggy, we have been poisoning our mind and body for a long time. Your mind will take time to heal and rewire itself. I can only promise that if you post roll everyday and stay quit it will get better. You will never need to feel like this again, unless you decide to use.

You got this brother, I did it, so can you.... Quit with you today!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
I assume the fog at some point will lift, but for a guy that doesn't drink since I was in college, that was a weird day. I could not tell you half of what I told some of my employees let alone my partners here at work. My wife asked me to get off the crack pipe when I got home. I'm glad I can laugh about this, but it's really freaking sad how a little thing like Skoal has controlled my ass for so long.

2: When does the sleep get better? I tossed and turned all night and that was only day 2.

3: I'm trying not to use the "fake dip" so that I won't have to get rid of something else down the road. Any other alternatives for my first road trip coming up? I'm taking my son to an out of state baseball tournament.
Hey bud, first things first you only get one intro but an admin will come through and merge this into your original one form yesterday.

Here are my responses to your questions, keep in mind I am not a doctor a dietician or a psychology major but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

1 - why so much water? The hydration helps distract you and keeping you full of water the hydration helps retool your body as dipping caused you to generate more saliva, the installment of water helps over fill that spigot a little. Plus it helps flush your body.

2 - when does sleep get better? Response vary wildly on here. My experience was that it took about a week and a half before sleep got better. My body and mind were a wreck for a while. I am not a big fan of using medication to fix shit but some Tylenol PM may help you as it has others before you.

3 - alternatives for road trip? Well sunflower seeds work great, I also like atomic fireballs, jolly ranchers, dubble bubble gum, and lifesavers. Don't totally dismiss fake dip, it can be invaluable as a crutch and much better than caving like a bitch. You can get the fake at WalMart or other retailers and would be good to have on hand just in case.

It is always better to plan for a weak moment than face a weak moment at a gas station off the highway trying to find an alternative only to be lured by the glamorous wall of death behind the cash register.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline String11

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »

HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Git R Dun brother! Welcome to KTC, I look forward to quitting with you and the Flying Fucks of February 2014 today and many days to come.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
String,
Thank you for posting a quick intro. You will find that a good many of us also use this section to document our quit. I found it helpful for me to open up what I was feeling and once I did the outpouring of support was overwhelming and helped me fully understand how KTC works.

If I may offer some quick advice:
1 - find an alternative to your previous Skoal finecut; this can be candy, fake dip, mints, gum, etc.

2 - understand and admit that you are an addict

3 - prepare for the worst and be ready at all times (I keep a bug out bag of alternatives with me all the time)

4 - when the anger comes channel it towards the people to blame for your addiction - yourself and big tobacco

5 - drink lots of water, piss, drink, repeat

6 - exercise or physical activity is a great crave buster and anger management tool

7 - use the site and get to know your fellow quitters. Exchange phone numbers and use text and voice to help or get help.

8 - post roll daily, can't get to a computer tomorrow, use the above lifeline I mentioned in number 7

9 - approach it all one day at a time, never think about tomorrow, don't fixate on day 100, just quit daily and continuing adding plus 1s; the other quitters with high numbers may amaze you but I assure you that they got to that number the same way you will get to day 3

If all else fails, shoot me a PM on here,

Pinched
Welcome aboard and congrats on 2 days of freedom! You can do this brother. Listen to the advice below. Good stuff! ODAAT!!! Quit with you today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech