Author Topic: ready to quit  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Ajacks23

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ready to quit
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Hey man didn't see you on roll today, still want to quit? Nobody here can force you to quit or post day 1 but like the others have been saying it is the best decision I have ever made.

Obviously somewhere in your brain you know that it is time to kick the can otherwise you would never have searched online for this site or taken the time to make an intro thread about your quit.

My advice is to sac up, dump the can in a moment of strength and then hang on for the ride. Everyone here is willing to help in any way they can you just need to post that Day 1 and get things started.

QLFuck
Quit Date: 2/22/2013

Ctrl A, X, V
Roll Patrol

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: rickddd
You quit yet, griz? C'mon brother lets do this. You're probably thinking its too hard - trust me, ITS NOT! Thats just the addiction convincing your mind to keep feeding it. Look around this site, and the thousands of quitters. It can be done!

You found a great website offering all the support you need. Now take the first step and toss that shiit into the toilet. Take your life back!

I'll be watching for you to post roll in the July 2013 group.

Rick
Agreed. Get on in here and quit, Grizz!!

See my post from yesterday. You gotta dig deep and really want it.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
You quit yet, griz? C'mon brother lets do this. You're probably thinking its too hard - trust me, ITS NOT! Thats just the addiction convincing your mind to keep feeding it. Look around this site, and the thousands of quitters. It can be done!

You found a great website offering all the support you need. Now take the first step and toss that shiit into the toilet. Take your life back!

I'll be watching for you to post roll in the July 2013 group.

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Radman
Similar timeframe for me.  Started at 15 or 16.  Quit 19 or 20 years later.  What a dumbass.

Here's my $.02 on where to start:  get back on the site and make some more investment.  I'm glad to see you here, at least you know you need to quit.  But, that's the easy part.  Dump your stashes like these guys said, then post a day 1 over in the quit group.  That's much more than a roll call.  That is your PROMISE to us that you are done with nicotine for 24 hours.  Then be a man of your word.

So far, you've signed up and typed 3 short sentences.  Post roll.  Get to know the site.  Read a lot. Post some details about yourself.  Make some waves.  Build some accountability.  Make some friends.

While you're doing that, you won't have time to dip anyway.
You were meant to find this site grizz. Now, do what you know you need to do. Follow rickddd's advice.
Post roll and quit or be like me and dip for another 20 years before you man-up. It's not that hard to figure out. Start reading and make your commitment. Grab your balls and hang on.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline akhillbille

• Quitter
    • www.arcticoffroad.com
  • Interests: Offroading, Hunting, Fishing, almost anything outdoors with my family.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »
It's alredy been said but post up roll with the promise not to use. Remember that's a promise to yourself. That's who you are quitting for or who you should be quitting for. I've only been on this site for a few days and it's already helped. Some great people here that will support you.

Stay quit.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Similar timeframe for me. Started at 15 or 16. Quit 19 or 20 years later. What a dumbass.

Here's my $.02 on where to start: get back on the site and make some more investment. I'm glad to see you here, at least you know you need to quit. But, that's the easy part. Dump your stashes like these guys said, then post a day 1 over in the quit group. That's much more than a roll call. That is your PROMISE to us that you are done with nicotine for 24 hours. Then be a man of your word.

So far, you've signed up and typed 3 short sentences. Post roll. Get to know the site. Read a lot. Post some details about yourself. Make some waves. Build some accountability. Make some friends.

You were meant to find this site grizz. Now, do what you know you need to do. Follow rickddd's advice.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
Similar timeframe for me. Started at 15 or 16. Quit 19 or 20 years later. What a dumbass.

Here's my $.02 on where to start: get back on the site and make some more investment. I'm glad to see you here, at least you know you need to quit. But, that's the easy part. Dump your stashes like these guys said, then post a day 1 over in the quit group. That's much more than a roll call. That is your PROMISE to us that you are done with nicotine for 24 hours. Then be a man of your word.

So far, you've signed up and typed 3 short sentences. Post roll. Get to know the site. Read a lot. Post some details about yourself. Make some waves. Build some accountability. Make some friends.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
Quote from: rickddd
Quote from: grizzlyintx
I am ready to quit but dont know where to start. I have been dipping since i was 15 and I'm 32 now. Can a day since i was 18.
Hey griz, Great decision! Thats the first step to taking control of your life.

The next step is to dump all your cans into the toilet and flush. Dont put them in the garbage, you might get weak at some point and go dumpster diving!

Then you should start posting roll on this site. This provides accountability. You'll hit 100 days quit in July, so you post in the july group
index.php?showtopic=8025st=0

The first 3-4 days are a bitch, so prepare yourself. Drink lots of water, and have a plan of what to do when cravings hit, like going to the gym or for a walk or something. Also, most people load up on fake chew, gum, sunflower seeds, and hard candy like Jolly Ranchers, to keep your mouth occupied. Find what works for you and stick with it.

Then, stick close to this website, read everything you can here. The personal testimonies are very motivating. So are the cancer pictures.
Also, jump into the Live Chat room and meet some of the good people on this site. Lots of badass quitters on this site who are more than happy to help in any way they can.

If I can help in any way, just shoot me a PM where you see "Inbox(0)".

Rick
Not going to tell you anything different than rickddd. I will just add to it and say,, you've come to the right place. Take back your life, get rid of that tin and it's ingredients,, most importantly nicotine. It will suck at first, but the end result is so worth it. Quit like fuck and I will quit with you everyday.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyintx
I am ready to quit but dont know where to start. I have been dipping since i was 15 and I'm 32 now. Can a day since i was 18.
Hey griz, Great decision! Thats the first step to taking control of your life.

The next step is to dump all your cans into the toilet and flush. Dont put them in the garbage, you might get weak at some point and go dumpster diving!

Then you should start posting roll on this site. This provides accountability. You'll hit 100 days quit in July, so you post in the july group
index.php?showtopic=8025st=0

The first 3-4 days are a bitch, so prepare yourself. Drink lots of water, and have a plan of what to do when cravings hit, like going to the gym or for a walk or something. Also, most people load up on fake chew, gum, sunflower seeds, and hard candy like Jolly Ranchers, to keep your mouth occupied. Find what works for you and stick with it.

Then, stick close to this website, read everything you can here. The personal testimonies are very motivating. So are the cancer pictures.
Also, jump into the Live Chat room and meet some of the good people on this site. Lots of badass quitters on this site who are more than happy to help in any way they can.

If I can help in any way, just shoot me a PM where you see "Inbox(0)".

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline grizzlyintx

ready to quit
« on: April 11, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »